Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

--went to the surveillance room with Yuuri, Mashiro, and Ena. Since they had no way of knowing whether or not they could reach Kazami with BC, they decided to call out to her directly. They sent her a message using the PA mic that Watase had repaired.

...I understand why you'd want to kill Watase. And how you're disappointed in him and want to at least protect his honor. Because Watase was once the man you thought he was: someone who put his life on the line to save others.

♪ BGM: Words of Healing

...But his mind warped. Sixteen years ago was the Great Arson... He hated the ones who concealed the truth behind it.

Allow me to say just one thing.

You saw just how hard he worked while he had amnesia, didn't you, Ms. Tachibana? He was a good guy at the time. Even though he was incompetent, he was strong-willed, and held no regard for his own life if it meant saving others--

How he used his body as a shield to protect Yuuri from the collapsed ceiling. How he headed to Area N alone to extinguish the fires he thought were there and save everyone.

...I've been watching Watase all this time. He may be a terrorist, but when he lost his memories and returned to the pure essence of Watase... His true nature was that of a 'hero'. Even as he drafted the terrorist plot, he was always working hard to ensure he took no human lives. And when he regained his terrorist memories, he still worked desperately to save everyone. ...So it'd be a waste to kill him, don't you think?

Indeed-- that was what Natsuhiko thought at the time. He didn't want Watase to die. It didn't matter what kind of person Watase was now. The fact that Yuuri was alive was unmistakably thanks to him.

I don't want you to defile your hands either, Ms. Tachibana... Watase's crimes should be judged before the public. And for that to happen, don't we all need to survive and escape as a group? All nine of us, no exceptions...!

By getting out of LABO alive, Watase's crime would not disappear afterwards. And neither would the memory of his day of wrath before his crime. But even so, he should live so he could atone. Even if purgatory awaited him outside, he should live to see the days after.

...And there's one last thing I'd like to tell you, Ms. Tachibana.

She spread BC filled with malice while she was alive...

We want to bring you back to the strict, yet gentle Lieutenant Tachibana. ...So please come to the surveillance room. We'll be waiting for you.

Natsuhiko left that long message and ended the broadcast. When he turned around, Yuuri, Mashiro, and Ena were waiting for him.

Hikorin...
Natsuhiko, you're being a little too naive, don'tcha think?
But this might help Captain Kasasagi reflect a little, too.

Natsuhiko smiled wryly at those words.

(... Hopefully, that is...)

Natsuhiko prayed that his announcement would resonate in Watase's mind and help give him a change of heart. But that hope was nothing more than hope. There was a more pressing matter at hand for him to take care of.

Now then... all we have to do now is wait for Ms. Tachibana.

The others nodded at those words.