Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Kazami Tachibana: 09/16/2030, 17:43

♪ BGM: Ominous Ambience ♫

Nobody said a word. Silence filled the room.

(Will Ms. Tachibana come...!?)

Natsuhiko and Ena stood closer to the door to protect Yuuri and Mashiro. Ena held her gun behind her back, leaving no holes in her vigilance. Natsuhiko left the gun he got from Ukita slung in his belt.

(Hopefully I won't have to use this thing, though...!)

As soon as Natsuhiko had that thought, the heavy silence was shattered.

♪ BGM: Psychological Warfare

...It's been a while, hasn't it, Tenkawa?

Kazami looked at Natsuhiko with dull eyes. She didn't bring Subject N with her. She must've put her down somewhere.

...Thanks for coming.
Something about your announcement piqued my interest. Watase and I have had our minds warped by BC, you say? And you say you can 'bring me back to normal'? What is the meaning of that?
...I'll explain it briefly. First off, Yuuri and I are high level Communicators. Our abilities are 'telepathy', 'empathy', and a third ability, which synchronizes human minds and allows for memory manipulation: Senses Sympathy.
You're saying such an ability exists?
It's an ability that's unknown to the general public. Communicators that can use it are also extremely rare. It's not just us who can use it. 'Subject N'-- --the girl you call 'Nagisa'-- was able to use it too.
She too was a high level Communicator. But as a side effect of the experiments, her mind was contaminated with unimaginable malice. Through BC, that malice propagated to the people who came in contact with her-- They lost mental stability and began attacking others. That's the truth of the incident that happened here.

Kazami silently looked on with doubt and hostility in her eyes.

So what are you suggesting you'll do to me...?
...We'll erase the malice from your mind as well.

Natsuhiko tensely answered.

(She's the last one, so I'll do it carefully... I'll look in every nook and cranny of Ms. Tachibana's mind and erase all of the malice. We don't have much time left, so we can't afford any failures...!)

Each confrontation with her whittled down his mind. There was no guarantee he could withstand another one. But as that thought crossed his mind, he received telepathy from Yuuri.

{If you think you've reached your limit, then I'll go instead--}
{... No, Yuuri. I'm grateful for the sentiment, but let's not. If you get infected with Subject N's malice, then maybe not even I could stop you. It'd be the end of everything at that point.}
{...!}
{We can't let that happen, right? So please continue what you've been doing and take care of covering for me.}
{O... okay.}

Yuuri nodded and grabbed Natsuhiko's hand.

(It'll be okay... We've come so far already...)

Please, don't be frightened. We just want to bring you back to normal.
I see... So you'll do that... regardless of whether I want it or not, won't you?
...Yes.
Because we want to gather everyone and escape together...

Natsuhiko and Yuuri said that as they reached their hands out to Kazami's fore head. Mashiro and Ena gulped as they watched the two of them unite their minds-- And dive into Kazami's memory.