Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

WHEN YOU STARE INTO THE ABYSS: 09/16/2030, 17:45

♪ BGM: Evil and Nightmares

--Natsuhiko couldn't help but scream as he returned to reality. Mashiro called out to him in surprise.

I-I don't know!
I don't know either, but... Ms. Tachibana spoke to us in the middle of Senses Sympathy...!
What do you mean!? Did you finish the malice erasure!?
N-no, we didn't...
We don't know what happened, either...

In confusion, they looked at Kazami... who then spoke in a chilling voice.

...That was too careless of you two. You should've known that diving into someone's mind means exposing your own. Thanks to your mistake, I now have the answer I've been looking for.
Th-the answer you've been looking for...!?
The reason why that girl-- the one you people call 'Subject N'-- died here. The answer was in your memories. That child... has been trapped inside this facility for a long time, hasn't she?
!?

Natsuhiko was shocked. How did Kazami know that!?

(I thought Ms. Tachibana was unable to use BC--!)

As soon as he thought that, a certain thought rose up from the back of Natsuhiko's mind.

Ah...!

Kazami -was- unable to use BC. In the past. Because her aptitude was low. Aptitude was genetic, meaning it normally did not change.

(But there's just one circumstance that can overturn that rule!)

'The conditions inside this facility today make aptitude increase possible'...!

Everyone gasped at that statement.

Ms. Tachibana, don't tell me...
...you've awoken to BC!?
I have. And just now, you've taught me how to use all of it, Tenkawa.

Kazami gave that reply with a smile. A beautiful, yet somehow sinister smile-- one that sent shivers down the spines of all who beheld it.

B-but still, regardless of how high your aptitude rose... how could you learn Senses Sympathy in such a short time!?
This girl here taught me.
...!

Kazami looked to the empty air beside her as she answered. The phantom Subject N was probably standing right there in her eyes.

And by reading your memory, I learned everything. The cause behind the entire incident and that girl's death... So it was Watase after all. And Mr. Ukita as well.

Kazami's clouded eyes were tinged with the glint of murderous intent.

Ms. Tachibana! Don't move!

But the very next moment-- a tremendous, brain-shaking voice echoed through the room.

Gghh!!

Everybody but Kazami screamed at the sound of that voice. Even Ena cowered and held her head as she struggled to keep her gun trained on Kazami. That voice was the same technique Natsuhiko had used in self-defense against Watase to stop him in his tracks--

(Brain damage through high-output telepathy!?)

By the time Natsuhiko grasped what had happened, Kazami grabbed Ena's body,

and hurled her away.

Aahh!

Ena's back slammed into the ground and bounced. Then, in what seemed like the blink of an eye, Kazami picked up Ena's gun. She then gazed at the others as they groaned in pain from their headaches.

(Th-this is terrible...! Ms. Tachibana awoke to BC while infected with malice! It's highly possible that connecting my mind to hers will just end with her infecting me with the malice instead...!)

Natsuhiko came to the realization of just how absurdly dangerous Kazami was. Extraordinary BC ability. A thoroughly tempered rescue worker physique. And a gun. There was no way for them to win. But Kazami spoke to them.

I won't kill any of you.
Huh...?
My goal lies elsewhere. And it has nothing to do with any of you. I won't harm you so long as you don't get in my way. Please, protect those girls who are precious to you.
...!?

Kazami slipped by Natsuhiko in his confusion-- --and left the surveillance room.

♪ BGM: Ominous Ambience ♫

Just then, Mashiro spoke up to break them all away from their numb state.

Wh... what was that!? What was that just now!? What does she mean, 'my goal lies elsewhere'!?

Natsuhiko wracked his numbed brain to think. She said she wouldn't kill them, which meant--

She's really going to try and kill Watase!?
B-but remember what Lieutenant Tachibana just said? 'The cause behind the entire incident... was Watase after all. And Mr. Ukita as well! She said that like she was putting the blame on Mr. Ukita too, didn't she!?
Now that you mention it...!

But it seemed like her objective had changed. However, it didn't seem likely that she'd go out of her way to kill Ukita to protect the honor of his name, too.

(The main thing Watase and Mr. Ukita have in common is that they're both members of Q! Does Ms. Tachibana have a reason to hate Q!?) No, wait... she also said... That Watase and Mr. Ukita were behind the cause of that girl's death.
R-right...
If you connect the dots-- that means Ms. Tachibana's trying to avenge Subject N!?
B-but why!? How is she related to that Subject N girl!?

When asked that question, Natsuhiko--

Ah...

--finally realized something.

A quivering voice leaked from Natsuhiko's lips.

S-so that's what it was...!?
Huh?
...I get it now... I've figured out Subject N's true identity. She wasn't a child born in LABO at all...!

--Natsuhiko fell into despair at the sheer cruelty of the truth.