Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Prologue & Epilogue: 09/16/2030, 16:09

So, time to find out all the different ways we could have hosed up in Route Double. The first part where we avoided some bad ends was here, during ONCE AGAIN. Watase's got his malice-filled memories back, and he's not happy. Natsuhiko thinks he's got the solution to the problem - deleting Watase's memories once more. Back when we went through this, cooler heads prevailed and Natsuhiko went for fixing Watase's memories instead of erasing them. But what if he did decide to go with his original plan?

(No way!? Is it even possible to repair those memories while exposed to that malice!?)

But Natsuhiko felt like the truth would slip further away from him if he did erase Watase's memories again. Watase kept drawing closer. No time to hesitate! Natsuhiko--

♪ BGM: Ominous Ambience ♫

To destroy them.

(He'll kill both me and Yuuri if I try to be picky about which memories to destroy! I'll have to destroy all of them again! It's the only way!)

(Please! Just-- shatter!)

And with that wish--

Gah... agh...!

--all of those scenes burst apart and vanished into darkness.

----
------

His consciousness was in an endless darkness. A world where everything was closed off. Sight, hearing, touch, smell, taste... he'd been disconnected from all his senses. It didn't feel like there was a world around for him to experience at all.

???: (Where am I...?)

He didn't know. His head was a total blank.

???: (What is this...?)

All he could sense was a feeling of loss.

???: (What's... going on...?)

It felt like he was lacking anything definitive.

???: (How did this happen?)

Once he desperately searched for the cause-- He thought he heard someone calling for him.

----------

The man opened his eyes as if that voice were compelling him to.

♪ BGM: Psychological Warfare

Right in front of him-- --were an unfamiliar boy and girl, both looking at his face with concern.

...Who... Who... are you guys...?
!?

The girl gasped at that question. It was like he'd said something completely unbelievable.

Hikorin! Captain Kasasagi's memories... Don't tell me you...!?
...I didn't have a choice. I did it to protect you...
No way... That's too cruel, Hikorin...
But what was I supposed to do!? Sure, I feel bad for him, but there was really no other way...!

The man looked at the two in confusion. The girl was hanging her head with a sad look on her face, while a bitter expression adorned the boy's. He couldn't tell what they were arguing about. This ''Captain Kasasagi'' they were talking about probably referred to him.

(Wait, huh...? I'm... huh? Who...) Who am I!?

When the man realized he couldn't remember anything, he instinctively raised his voice at the children. But they did not answer.

...Anyway, Watase's memories were being manipulated by that Subject N girl... It seems she amplified the malice in his heart to an extreme degree. Perhaps everyone else has succumbed to the same malice as Watase...
You mean like Ms. Jun and Ms. Tachibana?
Yeah, probably. It'll be dangerous... but we have to do something about everyone's malice.

The children continued their incomprehensible conversation without paying any heed to the man. The only thing he could vaguely understand was that something strange was going on... The man repeated his questions as many others ran through his brain.

H-hey, tell me! Who are you guys? Who am I!?
Well...
Where are we!? What the hell is going on!? Please! Tell me!

Those questions rendered them silent. The boy then seemed to resolve himself and spoke to the man.

...Wait here.
Huh? Wh-what do you mean...?
It's dangerous outside! Don't leave this place!
...!

The man was overwhelmed by the boy's intensity and nodded on instinct. When he did, the boy turned to the girl and spoke.

Let's go, Yuuri.
R-right...

After that exchange, the two of them walked up to a metal door that appeared to be the exit. The girl then pressed a panel next to that door several times-- And they tottered out of the room.

♪ BGM: Close to the Truth

...The man waited quietly in the room for a while afterwards. But neither of them came back.

(What's going on...? Where did they go?)

With anxiety taking hold of him, the man tried to leave the room. --But for some reason, there was a wall right outside the door blocking his path.

Wha... what the hell is this?

He banged on the wall, but it didn't budge at all.

(What's going on...? How did those kids get past this?)

He reluctantly returned to the room.

(First things first, I gotta do something about that wall...)

He looked around the room to see if there were any tools to break the wall down--

(Wait, that's right. That girl was fiddling around with this panel before she left the room. Is that the key to opening that door?)

The man tried tapping the panel. But the random combination of numbers he put in was only met by the sound of a buzzer. The wall showed no signs of opening. --After many failed attempts, the man finally gave up.

Dammit, so just typing blindly isn't gonna work... Then I guess I don't have a choice but to do what they said.

The man decided to quietly wait for the kids' return. All the while struggling against the anxiety of not knowing who he was. ...However... No matter how long he waited, they never returned. He'd already been locked in the room for quite a while. Something must have happened. Or maybe it was still happening.

They're taking way too long... I wonder if they're okay...

The man checked his watch. The time was ''6:17 PM''.

(Huh? Something about this time rings a...)

At that moment--

A thunderous roar suddenly rose up from beneath him.

(!? Wh-what's happening!?)

The sound and shockwaves rapidly grew in intensity. Just as he was preparing to flee, the door in front of him burst inward.

The flames of an explosion surged into the room.

(Why are there fla--...)

The man was completely incinerated before he could even finish that thought.