Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE AT THE END OF THE WORLD: 09/16/2030, 16:09

Now, that was one way we could gently caress up on this decision, but there's another one. If we end up not favoring anybody, Natsuhiko has a bit of a problem making a decision.

(No way!? Is it even possible to repair those memories while exposed to that malice!?)

But Natsuhiko felt like the truth would slip further away from him if he did erase Watase's memories again. Watase kept drawing closer. No time to hesitate! Natsuhiko--

♪ BGM: Ominous Ambience ♫

--couldn't come to a conclusion. In that moment of hesitation, Watase stole the gun from Natsuhiko.

Ahh! (He's gonna shoot!)

Fresh blood danced in the air to the sound of a dry whistle.

But nothing happened to Natsuhiko's body. --For Yuuri had promptly dived in front of him.

Aah...

♪ BGM: Abyss

A gasp seeped from Natsuhiko's lips as Yuuri's body crumbled to the floor.

Y... Yuuri!

Natsuhiko lifted her in his arms. His hands them came into contact with something warm and sticky:

Hiko... rin...

Yuuri spoke with a fading voice.

Hikorin... I'm sorry...

Yuuri... Yuuri...!?

Natsuhiko shook her body. But there was no response. He could feel life slipping away from her body. --Yuuri was dead. Natsuhiko screamed once he realized that fact.

Natsuhiko gave into emotion and grabbed at Watase. But Watase's hand was still wrapped around his gun.

The gun spouted fire once more-- but this time, the bullet hit Natsuhiko.

Ghh...!

He felt an intense impact in his stomach. His legs lost strength and he nearly collapsed.

Wa... ta... se...!
...It hurts, doesn't it? That's Wataru's pain.

Natsuhiko focused his mind as he heard that cold voice.

(... I'll use Senses Sympathy once more... I'll blow all of his memories away...!)

Natsuhiko withstood the intense pain and tried to invoke that ability, but then--

Feel Wataru's pain in hell! You drat Communicators!

Watase shouted with rage as he pulled the trigger.

An intense shock ran through Natsuhiko's left chest. But he withstood the pain regardless.

But even so, Natsuhiko stood firm.

----!!

With a voiceless shout, Natsuhiko used the last of his ability.

(I'll destroy all of the memories that compose Watase's mind!)
Ghh!?

He heard Watase's pained voice. But Natsuhiko still did not let up.

(I'll destroy every last memory in your mind! I won't leave even the smallest one behind!)
Gah, ah, aah...!!

Watase's agonized voice continued. But Natsuhiko still did not let up.

(I'll burn your brain into dust! Burn in hell, Watase!)
Agghghghgh... gh-ghah! Ggggghhhh! Gh... hh... nn.

In one moment, Natsuhiko heard that feeble voice-- And the next, he heard Watase collapse.

(I... I did it...)

But at that moment, Natsuhiko's body reached its limit as well. He slowly collapsed on the spot.

(Is... is this as far as I go...?)

There was nothing more that Natsuhiko could do.

(I'm sorry, Yuuri... In the end, I couldn't protect you...)

Natsuhiko's mind was full of regret. But at that moment, he thought he felt Yuuri grasp his hand back.

(Yuuri...)

And hand in hand, their short lives came to a close.