Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

The Dark Side of the Moon: B: 09/16/2030, 09:54 - N-ified

Yet someone disrupted that teamwork.

And that someone was none other than Ena. Jun had called the search to a halt when she'd spotted smoke filling the outer ring, only to get another earful from Ena.

♪ BGM: Psychological Warfare

You're a civilian! What right do you have to get so high-and-mighty!?
I may be a civilian, but you're just a rookie, right? That's not much better.
Not much better? Don't give me that bullshit! Do you know how hard I had to work just to join Sirius!? A woman like you would never understand just how drat difficult it is to pass the rescue worker exam!
Of course I wouldn't. Or rather, I don't want to. After all, I could never understand the feelings of a woman trying to do a man's job.
Huh...?
If you were a man, then at least I wouldn't be bumping heads with you so much, you know. But you're telling me I have to entrust my life to a woman, and a rookie rescue worker at that, in this kind of situation...? Things sure aren't looking up. Why's a woman like you even trying to be a rescue worker?
...!

Jun heard her heart pound violently at those words. Ever since Nagisa's death, Jun had dedicated herself solely to being a rescue worker, not once looking back on her decision. And she had finally achieved that dream after impressing her peers with all the hard training and work she had endured.

(Now that she mentions it... maybe it wasn't exactly what you'd call a healthy way of living... But still...)

Unpleasant emotions welled up in her chest. But right as she was about to say all of what was on her mind--

Moribe, what's all this commotion about!?

Watase, Kazami, and Yuuri came running over. --Thanks to that, she avoided getting into a rather decisive quarrel with Ena-- But a silent resentment for Ena began to wrap its way around Jun's mind.

♪ BGM: Ominous Ambience ♫

(It feels like Jun's confidence took a bit of a blow there... I have to adjust her feelings to put things back to the way they were!)