Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Bohemian Rhapsody: 09/16/2030, 12:15

Now, what happens when we confront Subject N with only a partial knowledge of Jun's memories?

♪ BGM: Ominous Ambience ♫

and finally, when she watched them force open the gate to the cargo lift with a crane.

(Yes, this is it... this is where that memory is...!)

♪ BGM: LABO Security Lv. 2

Yeah, we're counting on you.
Yep, just leave it to me--

Jun went through the opening in high spirits. But on the other side of the gate--

...all they'd found there was the unidentified body of a girl.

♪ BGM: Ominous Ambience ♫

(This is when Jun was infected with malice...! Then shouldn't that girl be showing up any second now!? A remnant of Subject N's spirit must be here!)

Natsuhiko spoke to the corpse.

Now come on out... I'll erase your malice from Jun!

When Natsuhiko shouted that--

???: --You come to kill me?

Subject N answered.

(...!)

♪ BGM: Evil and Nightmares

Natsuhiko looked back at her, then replied.

...No, not to kill. I'm just repairing these memories back to their original state.
Wrong. What you're doing sure as hell ain't repairing, bro. And what the hell do you mean by their 'original state' anyway? Aren't you just deluding yourself to believe that? You're just distorting these memories and rebuilding them as you see fit... If that's your idea of repairing, then that's hilarious.
...Well, maybe it's exactly as you say. But if I leave you alone, people will really die. I'm not talking about this mental world here. I mean the real world. I can't just let that slide. Not a chance.
But my body is long dead. And you erased the traces of myself that I left in Jun's memories. You're annihilating me. No matter how you try to sugarcoat it, in the end, it's still murder.
Jun just can't be herself as long as you're still in her mind.
Oh? You talk as if I'm some sort of evil spirit. Are you saying I'm possessing Jun?
It's not exactly what you'd call possession... But you used BC on Jun. BC isn't just the power to convey words and memories to others-- but 'feelings' too. Things that can't be expressed in words, memories that can't be imagined-- and your vast malice. All of those feelings are now in Jun's brain as information energy... And once she took them in, Jun ceased to be her normal self.
'Jun's normal self? The hell is that? What do you know about Jun?
I know her. I grew connected to Jun through her and Watase's memories. Jun is normally cheerful, strong, and full of a sense of justice... I have to bring her back to normal.

Natsuhiko stared at Subject N and spoke.

If erasing you is the same thing as killing you... Then I'll stain my hands with that sin as many times as needed.

I see... so this is a battle to the death between you and me, huh? Who'll be quicker to the draw-- me with my destruction of your mind, or you with your erasure of me? Only one way to find out!

Malice descended upon Natsuhiko like a gale with that shout.

It was full of the many negative feelings in Jun's mind.

An ugly mind composed of indignation and jealousy.

All of that had been amplified to the nth power and was worming its way into Natsuhiko's mind.

(Khh...!)

Natsuhiko faltered for a moment. However-- Yuuri's voice soon echoed in his head.

{Your mind will never break as long as I'm here with you! You should be able to beat the malice!}
(Y-yeah!)

Those words gave Natsuhiko's mind the strength it needed. Natsuhiko focused with all his spirit-- And desired for Subject N's erasure from the bottom of his heart.

He felt like he heard Subject N scream at that moment.

(D... did I do it?)

He realized how clear it felt, now that the vast malice controlling Jun's heart had vanished.