Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Killer Queen: 09/16/2030, 12:15

And finally, what happens when we screw up Jun's memory repair?

and finally, when she watched them force open the gate to the cargo lift with a crane.

(Yes, this is it... this is where that memory is...!)

♪ BGM: LABO Security Lv. 2

Yeah, we're counting on you.
Yep, just leave it to me--

Jun went through the opening in high spirits. But on the other side of the gate--

...all they'd found there was the unidentified body of a girl.

♪ BGM: Ominous Ambience ♫

And then--

He suddenly realized he was standing in some unfamiliar place. He appeared to be in the crumbling corridor of an apartment complex.

Why am I suddenly in a place like this...?

Once he muttered that, he heard a voice in front of him.

???: Well, that's 'cause this here's a place of Jun's origin-- in a certain sense.
!!

♪ BGM: Evil and Nightmares

You... What... what the hell is this!? What do you mean 'a place of Jun's origin'!?
See, this is where Jun lost someone precious to her nine years back.

She failed to save the girl who was like a little sister to her...
It hurt Jun like a bitch after that. Like, can you even begin to imagine? She kept mulling over this same thought: 'I failed to save her 'cause I was so weak. So I gotta get stronger.' Jun's a cute little thing like that, ain't she...? That's why I learned her a thing or two. 'Today's dispatch is messed up.' 'Step up your game, or everyone's good as dead.' 'Gotta protect everyone even if it means killing anyone suspicious.' Y'know, basic stuff.
Wha...!? Are you saying that's what made Jun go mad like that!?
Could you please not say it like it's my fault, bro? I basically just gave Jun the fuel she wanted.
Shut up! Jun's not that kind of person!
Seriously? You really think so? 'The hell do you know about Jun?
The hell do I know...?
You've seen all of Jun's memories, yeah? Well, whaddya think? Was Jun exactly how you'd pictured her?
There ain't no telling what lies behind the masks people wear. Life or death situations really bring out the ugly side of people. Anything I'm saying here ringing any bells...?

--Her words caused Natsuhiko to realize something.

(I'm not one to talk either, am I...!?)

(And I was planning on erasing him once I got out of here too...!)

The recording for this scene came from the same playthrough where I made the ''wrong'' choice in ''Partner''. I assume this line just wouldn't be there if I hadn't made that choice.

I-it's not like I wanted to! I had no other choice--
No other choice... but to do what?
To try... to kill Watase...
To protect someone, right?
R-right. But that's only because there was no other way...
Nah, it's totally fine, bro. When you're left with no other option, you just gotta do what you gotta do, am I right? I mean, how else you gonna protect the people you gotta protect?

Natsuhiko gulped at those words.

(She's right... Once you lose the ones precious to you, it's too late to do anything about it...!)

Once that thought crossed Natsuhiko's mind, he heard Yuuri's voice.

!!? Wh-what is!?
{Can't you feel it!? She's gradually corroding your thoughts! It looks like N's malice is too strong! Our memory repairs weren't enough!}
...!
{I don't know if it'll work, but erase that girl immediately!}
G-got it!

I-I've had enough of your chatter! I'll erase you right now!
Oh? A little late to start rushing things, don't you think? Well, whatever. If you say so--

She said that to Natsuhiko with a glare.

Even the scenery around them seemed to warp.

Who'll be quicker to the draw-- me with my destruction of your mind, or you with your erasure of me? Only one way to find out!

(!!)

Malice descended upon Natsuhiko like a gale with that shout.

--It was full of the many negative feelings in Jun's mind. An ugly mind composed of indignation and jealousy. All of that had been amplified to the nth power and was worming its way into Natsuhiko's mind.

(Kgh, ugh, gh...!)

Natsuhiko could feel the malice seeping into his own mind.

The pitch black emotions began to rule his very spirit.

(Y-Yuuri! I can't make it! Help!)

Natsuhiko sought Yuuri's help, but--

{The malice is even infecting me too...!}
(Wh-what!?)
{H-Hikorin... we can't win... at this rate...! Let's return to reality for now before the malice consumes us!}
(Y-yeah!)

--But the moment they returned to reality--

Agh!

Natsuhiko had no time to stop her.

♪ BGM: Approaching Death

Jun switched on the engine cutter--

And slashed Natsuhiko diagonally from his shoulder down to his chest.

Natsuhiko screamed at the pain that came a second late.

(It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts!)

That was all he could manage to think. His thoughts were seeped in pain. His concentration failed. The intense pain drove away even his consciousness--...

???: Die!
???: Uwah! Gh-gyyahhhhh--!
???: Wha-- S-stop!
???: Ughh... wh-why you!
???: Kh... ah... gh...
???: Ugh... gh... That's right...! Sis... I gotta go... to where Sis is...

--Natsuhiko fainted as he heard those voices. ...An unknown amount of time passed. Eventually, Natsuhiko woke up.

♪ BGM: Ominous Ambience ♫

Y-Yuuri...?

Yuuri was absentmindedly treating the wound on Natsuhiko's chest. He sat himself up, and then-- --he became speechless at the sight around him.

♪ BGM: Abyss

Ukita and Ena were on the ground. Blood was oozing out of Ukita's chest and Ena's neck. The intense stench of blood spelled their deaths.

Yuuri, what happened...!?
Ms. Jun... she...

So it really was Jun's doing. Natsuhiko had guessed as much judging from the voices he had heard. But she wasn't in the room. The only other sign she'd been there was a trail of trickled blood on the floor that led outside the room...

D-did she... spare us...?
...Yeah, probably...

Natsuhiko was wounded, but Yuuri was uninjured. Mashiro was still asleep on the bed. Yuuri looked at the bodies and murmured.

Ms. Jun might have a little bit of reason left in her, but... But this is... just too much...!

Those words gouged Natsuhiko's heart.

(It's my fault... It's because I didn't erase Subject N properly...)

He happened to catch sight of a single gun lying on the floor. It was the gun Watase had left for Ukita. It appeared that at the last minute, Ukita hesitated to shoot Jun, and she killed him.

(So that's it... It's all just as she said... ''When you're left with no other option, you have to kill.'' ''Or else you can't protect those precious to you''... That's why Jun killed them... So this time, it's my turn...)

Huh... H-Hikorin!?

Yuuri panicked and peered into Natsuhiko's face.

Hikorin! Hikorin!

He tried to answer, but couldn't use his voice. His vision was quickly growing dark.

♪ BGM: Static ♫

(Dammit... I've lost too much blood... No... I can't die here... I can't die here and leave Yuuri and the others behind...!)

But eventually, even that emotion-- --was engulfed by the pressing darkness.