Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Prison Legend: 09/16/2030, 06:50

So here's something interesting. There should be a Senses input here that decides whether we go deep into Salyu's memories or not. However, since we previously made the decision not to go deep into the others, the choice is made for us.

{I do. But what's scary about that malice is that you aren't aware of it yourself, right?}

Natsuhiko's thought was that they should just do it to make sure nothing was wrong, considering everything that could go wrong.

{Hmm... then let's just check to see if there are any ''floral-scented memories'' or not. That's all we need to do to know if she's infected with malice or not.}
{Yeah, you're right.}

That was Natsuhiko's intention all along.

{Then let's begin.}
{Yes...}

Hand in hand with Yuuri, he tried using Senses Sympathy.

He saw scenes comprising Salyu's day today appear and disappear.

♪ BGM: Psychological Warfare

Natsuhiko! Mashiro! Run!
Salyu!?
I'll get rid of him! The other one's fainted, so I can manage one-on-one combat!
Then let me help--!
No, Natsuhiko, you guys will only drag me down! I can't deal with a hostage situation if they get you!

Salyu made the most logical judgment. But after Natsuhiko and Mashiro had fled and Salyu had knocked down the two terrorists, a new terrorist appeared. Salyu immediately dropkicked him, but the force of the impact merely shattered the enemy's faceplate. The third terrorist threw off his protection suit and spoke.

...So we meet again.

He was the man who had knocked Salyu out last night in the ruined factory.

...Just a word of warning. Get out. Or the bulkheads will shut and trap your rear end in here. The fires will get worse and you could even burn to death. Seems to me like you're trying to thwart our plan out of some childish sense of justice, but-- What good is fighting me if it means putting your body in such extreme danger?
...!

Now he mentioned it, what -would- be the purpose of fighting this man? That was already well beyond the scope of Salyu's role.

(Why am I going so far to--)

Her thoughts were interrupted by a gunshot.

!!

♪ BGM: Approaching Death

(Crap...!)

When Salyu turned around in shock, she spotted one of the terrorists that she had flung away pointing his gun at her.

Dumbass! The hell are you doing!? Shooting at a child--!?
Dojima: The hell are YOU doing!? There's no time to be standing around, is there!?

The terrorists started quarreling. Salyu took that opportunity to get out of there.

(My brachial vein's damaged... I need to treat it immediately.)

(I can do temporary first aid with this...)

Luckily, the bullet had pierced all the way through. Salyu took the stapler to the gunshot wound in her arm-- and stitched it up.

--!!

She stifled her voice and treated the exit wound as well--

Gghh--... Haah, haah...

She sank to the floor, breathing roughly. For now, she had averted a medical emergency.

(... Now, what do I do from here...?)

The terrorist's words echoed in her head.

What good is fighting me if it means putting your body in such extreme danger?

--She very well could do what he said and run away. But if the terrorists' goal was to destroy the town in its entirety with a nuclear meltdown, then running away was pretty much pointless.

(... I can't just run away. If we don't stop the meltdown...!)

With that thought in mind, Salyu decided to stay in LABO alone and fight the terrorists. To protect the town where she had made so many memories. To protect her precious friends, Natsuhiko and Mashiro--

♪ BGM: Ominous Ambience ♫

...There was nothing suspicious about that part of Salyu's memories. Natsuhiko didn't suspect any of her other memories to be falsified, either.

(Salyu really held us in high regard, didn't she...)

Natsuhiko felt his heart wrench at the thought of her feelings.

(In any case, I'm really glad that Salyu's not infected with malice.)

With that thought in consideration, Natsuhiko ended his check of Salyu's memories.

And so, as you might have guessed, not going in deep with Salyu means that you completely miss her entire past being a lie, and the plot just moves along without mentioning anything being up.