Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

IN A SHATTERED WORLD: 09/16/2030, 18:00

♪ BGM: Abyss

About why they couldn't disarm it, and why the lockdown timer was off. And how at this rate, everyone would die in the explosion--!

You can't be serious...!

The news shook up Natsuhiko's group. They all began to speak with quivering voices.

So you're saying we'll all die if we stay here!?
Th-then we've gotta think of a way to get out of here right now!
D-don't be ridiculous... We searched the place for six hours and found nothing...!

Salyu fell silent at the questioning. Ena was quite right. There was no plausible way they could conveniently find a new exit route this late in the game.

(... But still, we need to do something...)

The time was ''6:02 PM''. Only 15 minutes left until the bomb went off. Yuuri spoke fearfully to Natsuhiko.

H-Hikorin... What do we do...
...At any rate, we'll all die if we stay here. Let's at least evacuate to a slightly safer place.
A safer place?
The bomb's been planted in Area Zero. I can't predict how the explosion's blast will spread-- But if we go as far as we can from the blast radius-- in other words, right outside the emergency staircase bulkhead in Area 2-- we should be able to increase our chances of survival just a little.
Do you think we'll survive if we go there...?
I don't know... but it's the best bet we've got.

He couldn't think of any other options. Ena spoke to Jun in a pained voice.

Ms. Moribe... Staying here means certain death. Let's go.

Jun still hadn't moved away from Watase's and Kazami's corpses. She didn't answer Ena's call.

Ms. Moribe! Help out! I can't move two injured people by myself!
...No.
...!

Ena walked briskly towards Jun, and grabbed her by the neck.

What do you mean 'no'!? You're a rescue worker, aren't you!? Are you abandoning your duty!?
What...? I just lost two precious people. I'm the only one left on the squad now... And you're still fussing over my 'duty'...? What the hell are you talking about? Rescue workers are people too, you know...? Are you saying we don't deserve to mourn?
Cut the chatter! I've lost two of my coworkers here too! But I never let that stop me, and I've gotten this far!
So just shut up and help! Or if you want, I can kill you right here, right now!

Ena's voice was steeped in sadness. After hearing all that, Jun finally nodded reluctantly...

The time was ''6:08 PM''. Only nine minutes left until the explosion. They endured their fear and waited for that moment. The mind-crushing silence was eventually shattered when Jun broke the ice.

...Natsuhiko.
Huh...?
You should've been able to erase Sis' malice with BC, right...?
Y... y-yes.
...Why didn't you...?

Jun slowly sidled up to him. Her eyes were filled with rage.

You just let Sis and the Captain and Mr. Ukita... all die... when you could've stopped it...?
N-no...
That's not it! It was a difficult task in that situation!
That's right, Jun! Above all else, what Natsuhiko wanted was--
I understand that... I just wanted to know... What Natsuhiko was intending to do... Why he held off on using BC...

Jun got right up into Natsuhiko's face. Right as Natsuhiko's heart froze from the piercing stare--

A thunderous roar suddenly rose up from beneath him.

!! (H-here it comes!)

For a second, Natsuhiko's body shook. But then, something covered him. It was Jun. Jun embraced Natsuhiko and Yuuri to cover them. In the corner of his vision, he saw Ena covering Mashiro and Salyu. The moment the six of them became a single lump-- A scorching explosive blast rushed into the emergency stairwell.

Natsuhiko desperately embraced Yuuri. An intense heat and shock enveloped his back--

--
----
--He could hear a sound echoing from somewhere.

Ugh... ughh...

Natsuhiko's consciousness was in a shattered world. Sight, hearing, smell, taste, touch... all of his senses had been ravaged. He couldn't see anything even if he opened his eyes. But his nose filled with a burning stench-- And the stench of blood.

Ah... ugh, ah...!

Natsuhiko tried calling everyone's names. But his voice wouldn't come out. Only an unintelligible groan. He reluctantly mustered his strength to send telepathy.

{... G-guys... Are... you... a...live...?}

He heard groans here and there as if in reply.

A...gh...
...Ghh...
...ye...ah...

There were no other responses. He didn't hear Ena or Jun.

...ugh... ah...

Natsuhiko tried using his voice once again, but something else came out of his throat.

Something was piercing his chest. He tried to take it out, but his body wouldn't move. He could no longer move even a finger.

{P... Profess...sor... ...J-Jun...}

He could no longer even maintain the concentration to use telepathy. And at the same time-- He heard the sound of people rushing towards them.

???: Stay on your guard, men! We don't know what happened in there! Report in as soon as you've confirmed the situation!

In his fading consciousness, Natsuhiko thought to himself.

(Security... Sector... 6...)

Ominous voices echoed in his ears.

???: Survivors! There's-- a few survivors here!
???: Take them into custody for now!

--That was the last thing Natsuhiko heard.

...we'll do better next time.

...yeah, we actually will - as you can see from the game over, the correct choice here is to favor neither - or rather, to favor *both*. So that still leaves favoring Kazami with another bad end... and yeah, it seems like it's that way. Having Kazami's Sense high and Watase's low is supposed to lead to Root D Bad Ending #5, ''The Vanquished Loyalist'', which I assume revolves around wiping Kazami's memory... but I can't loving get it to work. It just throws me into ''-3'', then ''IN A SHATTERED WORLD'', and leaves me with Rood D Bad Ending #6, ''The Wavering Enthusiast'', which is the bad ending for favoring Watase. I feel like I'm missing something, but all walkthroughs I read just make it seem like there's no prerequisites for this bad ending, you just need to have Kazami's Sense high and Watase's low at that one decision point, which I've done. I just don't get it.

So for now, we're going to move on with the correct decision. I'll work something out.