Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

ERASE: 09/16/2030, 17:53

Alright, so I kind of figured out what the problem was. Basically, I ran through Route Double again, making all the ''wrong'' decisions (deciding to erase Watase's memory when he tries to take Yuuri away, not going in for the deep mind probes), and now things are working out correctly. From what I understand, some decision we made (probably the part about erasing Watase's memory) locked us out from accessing this bad end and instead just put us on the other bad end, the one where we favor Kazami. So this is the bad end you voted for.

Also, my Enneagram totally looks like a mushroom.

Natsuhiko steeled his resolve. He gripped Yuuri's hand and dove into Kazami's mind.

♪ BGM: Ominous Ambience ♫

Countless memories flickered through the void. Memories of hatred, teeming with malice.

(This is all I can do...! Please let this put a stop to it!)

Natsuhiko focused his BC one last time, in an attempt to erase Kazami's malice. And that moment--

{Gah... agh...!}

Natsuhiko could feel Kazami's pain. ...As he endured her suffering, he thought to himself.

(... I had no other choice...!)

♪ BGM: Evil and Nightmares

Kazami slowly collapsed to the floor. Like a marionette whose strings had been cut.

!? Kazami!?
Sis!

Watase and Jun gasped and ran over to Kazami. It appeared she was unconscious. Watase shook her awake.

Kazami! Kazami!

Shortly afterwards, as if in response to his voice--

... Ugh...

Kazami groaned and opened her eyes.

Kazami!
Are you okay, Sis!?

Watase held Kazami in his arms. But a befuddled look crossed her face when she saw Watase.

Huh... what...? Who... are you two...?
...Huh?

Watase and Jun's faces froze over when they heard that.

...Don't tell me...

Watase glared at Natsuhiko, then shouted.

Natsuhiko! You erased Kazami's memories--!?
...Yes. I took out Ms. Tachibana's memories. I don't know how many of them are gone... But I'd say she's probably in the exact same state you were in right after you got amnesia.
What!? Do you even realize what you've just done!?
Failure was not an option! Both your life and Ms. Tachibana's were at stake, you know!? It was the only way I could defuse the situation!

Watase fell quiet. Kazami nervously looked at everyone around her.

Wh-what's going on...? What's happening? Who are you people? Please tell me! Who... Who am I!?

Kazami shouted on the verge of tears. There was no sign of her previous composed, firm-hearted nature. Jun bitterly embraced Kazami.

...You have amnesia.
Amnesia...!?
But it's okay. There's nothing to be scared of... 'cause I'm here for you...
...?

Jun continued to embrace Kazami as the confused woman kept staring blankly. A small sense of guilt filled Natsuhiko's heart.

(... Was this really the only way?)

But he couldn't think of a way that would have resolved everything cleanly. Watase then finally stood up in what seemed to be resignation and walked up to Natsuhiko.

...You did what you had to do. There was nothing wrong with the way that you did it.
But this doesn't mean we're out of the woods just yet.
Huh?

Natsuhiko, Yuuri, Mashiro, and Ena frowned in confusion.

There's something you need to know about the bomb in Area Zero. We can't disarm it. And to make matters worse-- It'll go off before the lockdown ends.
!?

Natsuhiko, Yuuri, Mashiro, and Ena's eyes widened in shock.