Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

LIFE

----
--

...How much time passed since then...?

(...) ...Ugh...

...Wh... where am I...?

His entire body ached terribly. He could tell his limbs were wrapped in bandages.

(Wh... where are the other two...?)

He saw Yuuri lying in the bed next to him. Her body was wrapped in bandages too. Judging by the faint trace of redness in her cheeks, she seemed to be alive. Natsuhiko felt relieved, but then-- He noticed something. Kazami wasn't there.

♪ BGM: Ominous Ambience ♫

M... Ms. Tachibana...?

No response.

Ms. Tachibana...!

No response. Instead, the door opened, and Dr. Tenkawa entered the room.

M... Mom...
You were in critical condition...! Thanks to that female rescue worker, you two barely survived that--

Natsuhiko interrupted.

Wh... what happened to Ms. Tachibana...?

The professor gulped at that question--

♪ BGM: Memento Mori

And quietly shook her head.

We found you two... still in her arms... But by then, she was already...
...!

--The moment he heard those words, tears flowed from Natsuhiko's eyes.

Ah... aaah... AHHHHHHHHH...!

Sobs leaked from the back of his throat. The professor looked at Natsuhiko sadly. --He recalled Kazami's words.

Once you get out of here, live happily, enough for Nagisa too--

Natsuhiko nodded to himself in tears.

But they would never let themselves be broken. They would survive through it all. To live the lives Kazami gave them to their fullest--

And so, that's the third normal ending. For reference, this was the ending I first got when playing through this game - my judgement being that 1) the Rank S Communicators were going to die in like ten years or so anyway and 2) they would spend that time being chased down by LABO and/or Q. Everybody else had longer to live and probably more to live for (Ukita and Watase are edge cases, though they might get off easy due to extenuating circumstances - being maliced when they committed all their murders and attempted murders - and being important witnesses in catching larger fish - that being LABO). And it turns out that I picked the best ending, at least as far as body count is concerned. Kazami had the best plan out of the three endings, as she managed to make eight people survive with only one death.

However, as some of you already worked out, I have been keeping the correct answer away from you for now, primarily because I didn't want to do voting between three obviously bad options and one obviously correct option. Would be kind of pointless. I think it's a lot more interesting which of the wrong answers you pick as opposed to just picking the obviously correct answer. I guess you didn't need empathy to see through me, though... so next time, we'll make the right choice.