Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

PARTING: 09/16/2030, 18:46

♪ BGM: Pose the Question to this World

Wh... what kind of joke is this, Watase!?

Natsuhiko opened his eyes wide and shouted. Watase had his gun pointed at them. Natsuhiko couldn't believe his eyes.

We finally all made it out alive! What do you think you're doing!?

...Sorry, Natsuhiko. It's my mission. To bring Yuuri back to Q.

N... no way...!

Yuuri's voice cracked. Natsuhiko shouted furiously.

Watase!! Why are you so fixated on Q!? Your true nature isn't a terrorist at all, right!? You dedicated your life to saving people, didn't you!? So how... how can you say that!?
...That's exactly why I have to. In these nine hours, I came in touch with everyone's pasts. And little by little, I came to understand everyone. But... the more I confronted everyone's feelings, the more I came to harbor a certain thought.
A thought...?
A thought about how this city's gone mad beyond control. You think so too, don't you?
...!

They'll just rebuild a similar facility, reconstruct its systems, and keep this mad world turning. And the only one who can stop them is probably Q...
What!? What about Prof. Tsubakiyama and the ESP Bureau, or--
The ESP Bureau's inaction up until this point has allowed these tragedies to continue, hasn't it?
But if Q gets a Communicator on their side, it'll turn the situation about on its head. I'm sure they'll be able to bring the Rokumei City government and LABO's top brass to judgment. So, Yuuri-- Please join us in our fight.
What...? You really think she can do that!? If Yuuri went along with the likes of you, that'll make her a terrorist... a wanted criminal, you know!? She'd face countless dangers and become unable to return to this town! Even if it means breaking a promise, that is the one thing I cannot approve of!

Watase laughed dejectedly at those words.

...I knew you'd say that. But just so you know, Natsuhiko. I really can't pull back this time. Something's gotta be done. And someone's gotta do it. Or nothing will ever change.

His face was full of conviction. Q may have been a terrorist organization, but it did conduct its actions with a just cause. Watase chose to stick to those intentions even if it meant making enemies with Natsuhiko. But that dedication saddened Natsuhiko severely. He thought he had finally become allies with Watase, but it seemed they had a fundamental, irreconcilable difference at their cores.

But Watase... I really can't back down this time either. Even if you threaten me with a gun...
...I see... Of course... Then you leave me with no choice... If nothing will convince you to accept this deal...!

A bitter smile formed on Watase's face. Then he'll shoot!? As soon as Natsuhiko considered that thought-- Watase said something completely unexpected.

Then erase my memories, Natsuhiko.

Natsuhiko doubted his ears.

Wh... what did you just say?
I said erase all of my memories. The same way you did to protect Mashiro from me.
No... Don't be stupid, Watase! I've already erased your memories so many times! Your brain's surely sustained enough damage as it is! If I erase all your memories again-- It could seriously spell death for you this time, you know!? So how can you even suggest that...!?
Don't you get it, Natsuhiko...? My will and yours are mutually incompatible. If I don't take Yuuri with me, I can't complete my mission. But my will shall never change as long as I am me. So if that conflicts with your will, then just erase my will with your own hands. And then you two will be free.
...!

Once he heard those words, Natsuhiko finally understood Watase's sentiment.

There was no turning back for Watase.

But--

Watase... is there really no other way...!?
Maybe for you, there is... but at the very least, this is the route I chose. It's something I must do to fulfill my mission, even if it means staining my hands in sin, or turning my back to those precious to me.

Natsuhiko's heart throbbed in pain to hear Watase's bitter voice. It almost seemed as if Watase were pointing the gun at himself.

...So you need to choose too, Natsuhiko. This is the final choice. Whose opinion takes precedence here-- yours, or mine?

VOTING

I don't think I need to say much here. We have one more choice to make.

Pick Natsuhiko, take the risk of killing Watase, and leave dealing with LABO to somebody like the ESP Bureau. Q is too dangerous to consider entrusting with Yuuri, even if they might have a better chance at taking LABO down.

Pick Watase and live with Yuuri having to sacrifice her liberty once more. Q, as somebody outside of the entire crooked system LABO and Rokumei City have set up, is the only one we can believe in to defeat them, even if they're an anti-Communicator organization at heart.

Choose wisely.