Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

ASTERISK: 09/19/2030, 12:43

So this officially brings us into the real epilogue, which I guess the game classifies as different enough to the rest to require another bible quote.

Three days after the incident. At the ''White Tiger Gate'', one of the gates that surrounded Rokumei City,

There were circles beneath her eyes, and her expression also revealed the slightest hints of exhaustion. But a fierce will shone in her eyes. --It wasn't long before she heard the sound of a car engine driving towards her from the other side. The car passed through the gate, then drove up next to the woman and stopped. It was a red French sedan. The driver's door opened, revealing a woman in a suit.

♪ BGM: The Brave Decision

The woman quickly replied to Ena's greeting.

Thank you for taking the trouble to come here, Commissioner Tsubakiyama.

The woman-- Miyoko Tenkawa-- had received a call from Ena and waited for her to arrive at the city gate. Not to be outdone by Miyoko, Ena's face looked just as exhausted. But anyone could see that her eyes matched Miyoko's in intensity.

It's been a long time since we've met in person, hasn't it? How are things on your end?
Dealing with the whole aftermath without sleep or rest is starting to catch up to me.
I thought so... You look quite worn out.
Oh no, this is nothing... It's a trivial matter compared to the suffering those children have been through.
Incidentally, if you don't mind me asking, how are they doing...?
Please rest assured. Your son and everyone else are in the custody of the ESP Bureau-- Their injuries are currently being treated at a safe place.
Thank goodness... and thank you.
No, it's only a matter of course. Though the situation has gotten much worse as a result of how slow we at the ESP Bureau were to act.
Don't be ridiculous... When you get down to it, this incident was entirely our responsibility, and by extension, my own. You see, I had considered trying to save the test subjects, but in the end, I could just never bring myself to act.

Miyoko looked down in shame when she said that.

...And in the end... one of them never made it out alive...
...You mean Ms. Nagisa, don't you?
Yes... I may not have been in charge of her, but even so-- I had hoped that I could someday let her go free into the outside world along with Yuuri and Yui.

Miyoko gritted her teeth. Ena took her hand and spoke.

Professor... I know how you feel. But the time for regrets will have to wait for later. Now's not the time. There is much we have to do, after all.
...You're right.

Miyoko gripped Ena's hand back and spoke.

To avenge Nagisa and the others.
And to ensure closure for everyone whose lives were trampled on or snuffed out along the way--

Suddenly, Miyoko heard more cars approaching from beyond the city gate. There wasn't just one or two of them. Over ten cars filled with members of the ESP Bureau passed through the gates and invaded Rokumei City.

--Let's begin. It's time to clean up this city.
Yes.

The women then looked to the city. Spread out before them was the townscape of the government designated top-secret city swirling with deceit and malice.

had sparked a worldwide phenomenon. And with that, the many incidents that had occurred and been covered-up over the last sixteen years had all been brought to light one after another, starting with the truth behind LABO. Now that they couldn't return to Rokumei City, Natsuhiko and the others were spread out all over the country after the incident to elude their pursuers' eyes. They all then set out on all sorts of new ventures.

Chaos reigned through society for a while, but it gradually calmed down-- And peace began to return to the world...

--These are fragments of the memories... that took place over that year.