Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Love Is the Plan the Plan Is Death: 09/16/2030, 17:04

Salyu chased after Watase into a connecting passageway.

♪ BGM: Looming Crisis

What're you doing!?

Watase shouted to Salyu on the other side of the closing gate.

I know you can't trust me, but this isn't the time to be fighting! Go to Natsuhiko and the others! They're looking for you!
!?

In the split second she stopped in surprise, the gate shut, separating Salyu from Watase. She stood still in front of the closed gate.

(They're searching for me...? So they're safe? But why would that man tell me that? What's his goal?)

She could find no answers. She tried to keep pursuing Watase for the time being, but-- Her feet began to stagger. At the end of this nearly 10-hour battle, her fatigue finally caught up to her.

(... But there's no way I can stop here... If that man's words were a trap, and Natsuhiko's in danger... then I need to go save him.)

With that thought in mind, Salyu retraced her steps.

♪ BGM: Individualist / Theme of Louise

At first, he was terribly unkind and they failed at introducing themselves to each other.

And when Natsuhiko looked at Salyu, Alice made a sound she had never heard from her before.

Alice: Kyukyuuu~...!
Huh...?

Salyu looked at Alice in disbelief.

...Natsuhiko, what were you thinking just now?
Huh... n-nothing really...
...Honest?
...Honest.

--Salyu didn't press him any further. According to Alice, the emotion Natsuhiko displayed at that time-- Was ''romantic feelings, otherwise, a proportionate fondness''.

(Natsuhiko has romantic feelings...? ...for... me...? Preposterous. There's no reason he would... But what if he really does...?)

--The more she thought about it, the more frightened she became. Though it was a happy moment, it was also a moment that pained her heart-- So Salyu decided not to think about it any more.

Was she really fighting for Natsuhiko's sake just because he was an important friend to her? Was she really only fighting to fulfill her duty?

(... No.)

That wasn't how she felt. --It was a very tough realization for Salyu to make. She couldn't understand other people's feelings. So if she were to start harboring such emotions, it was all too easy to imagine a sad ending awaiting her.

(But regardless... that doesn't mean I'll change my actions in the slightest.)

After all, Natsuhiko had once told Salyu this:

Then I'm sure things will turn out for the best. Both for you and for those you interact with...

That was why Salyu didn't mind struggling for his sake.

(... There's only one thing I'm sure of. And it's that Natsuhiko definitely doesn't want to die. So I'm fighting for his sake because...)

--It was the only thing Salyu could think of that was certainly ''right'' throughout her life of fumbling her way forward in the darkness.

(My feelings don't matter right now. I just have to work hard for Natsuhiko and Mashiro.)

So that they could all survive together--