Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

The Terminal Experiment: 09/14/2030, 15:48

Mashiro seemed helpless since nobody she talked to would believe her about the terrorist. And when she asked if Natsuhiko and Salyu believed her, Salyu answered thusly:

♪ BGM: Individualist / Theme of Louise

You can tell?
Actually, I've had Alice focus on your face for a while. She reacted to your anxiety and supplication, but she made no other reactions. So that's enough for me to believe you.
I see... So that thing's sort of like your own version of empathy, isn't it?

--It wasn't that great. Salyu answered to that effect. But even if it wasn't at the level where Alice could read minds-- It didn't change the fact that Alice was the sole mediator Salyu had between herself and other people.

A monitor so horribly blurry that she could not make out other people's facial expressions. A monitor whose speakers were broken in a way that caused all sounds to seem flat. Salyu was left alone in that world obscured by darkness-- and Alice was her precious light illuminating her route. For example, an analysis of Mashiro revealed she often harbored the feelings of ''fun'', ''joy'', ''confusion'', ''upliftment'', and ''fear''. An analysis of Natsuhiko revealed he harbored the feelings of ''peace'', ''apathy'', ''vigilance'', ''discomfort'', and ''affection''. She had no way of verifying the validity of those analyses, but it was probably meaningful for her to believe in them. For as long as she believed, she could feel relief even in the darkness.

(But... something bothers me a little. Unlike Natsuhiko, Mashiro appears to be simple and pure, but-- According to Alice's analysis, Mashiro should be harboring some fairly complex emotions as well. Is that true...?)

♪ BGM: Helper / Theme of Mashiro

Mashiro. How are you feeling right now?
Huh? Hmm... I guess I feel reassured since you two believe me? It's like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
Alice: Kyuu~

Alice reacted to Mashiro's words. That was a cry that signified ''relief''.

...I feel relieved too.
Huh? About what?
About how honest you really are.
???

Salyu thought to herself as she watched Mashiro look at her in confusion. If Alice was the light illuminating her route, then Mashiro was her guide. Perhaps thanks to Alice and Mashiro, Salyu was able to proceed in this world little by little...

...Mashiro. There's one more thing I want to ask you. If at all possible, I want you to be my friend forever.
Huh? Well, of course.

Salyu smiled back at Mashiro in response to those words.