Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Promenade: 04/01/2027, 16:45

Now, Watase's scenes are a bit different. While it is true that there is a fair share of scenes we've already seen (''Reverie'', ''Goin' Home'', ''Das Lied der Trennung'', ''Eroica'', ''Dies Irae'', ''Falsche Welt, dir trau ich nicht'', ''Kinderszenen'', ''Baba Yaga'' and ''Die Zauberflöte''), the scenes that unlock new scenes are actually all new material we've not seen yet, and we need to unlock most of those scenes that unlock things to boot! Also, Watase's scenes (and Kazami's, which will be coming after Watase's) go into greater detail on one thing that did not get expanded upon a lot during the regular game - the relationship between Watase and Kazami, which does have a lot of history in it. With that said, let's get going into the only scene we have available.

Watase was finishing up his typical independent training when someone called out to him suddenly.

♪ BGM: Languid Hours of Rokumei City

Hmm?
You are Fire Sergeant Watase Kasasagi, captain of Sirius' Team A, correct?

He turned around to find a woman dressed in casual clothes. He felt like he'd seen her somewhere before.

I am... and you are?
I am Kazami Tachibana, Firefighter. I'm scheduled to enlist in Sirius starting next week, sir.

So basically, here, we have the ''right'' choice and the ''wrong'' choice. If we make the wrong choice, the scene just pitter-patters out and we don't unlock anything. It doesn't seem like there's anything interesting, so I'll just skip those parts and just get the right answer right away.

So you're our department's lady rescue worker, huh? I've heard the rumors. The commander did say we had this incredible female firefighter in our midst.
Sir! I am honored to hear that, sir!

The woman known as Kazami gave him a courteous greeting. Her positive attitude gave Watase a good first impression.

(''Our squad's first female rescue worker'', huh...)

But there's no female rescue workers out there now, huh? If possible, I'd like to be one.

--This woman had reached the place Wataru had striven for. She probably had to put herself through hell to make it this far. Watase was honestly impressed.

Now now, no need to be so tense. We'll be squadmates starting next week, after all.
But you are my superior.
Well, that's true. Guess you've got a point. Anyway, I look forward to working with you. I'm expecting great things from you.
And I look forward to working under your command, sir.

Watase lightly patted the polite Kazami on the shoulder and headed back towards the station. But shortly after he entered the station--

(... Hmm? Wait, she said her name was ''Kazami Tachibana'', right... Wait, then she's--!?)

He finally realized why Kazami had seemed so familiar. It had been several years ago.

Watase and the rest of the squad were dispatched to the site, where they rescued two girls. But one of them, ''Nagisa Tachibana'', passed away after she'd been rescued.

Kazami, Nagisa's older sister and chief mourner, looked so utterly weak that it was almost awkward. But that very same woman was--

(The woman I just talked to...!?)

The difference between the impressions she left had been so great that at first, he hadn't made the connection. Watase went back to the front of the station to talk to her about it.

(... Guess she already went home?)

Watase stood still as he thought that. He had visited her several times-- first on the day of the funeral, then over the course of the next few weeks. He had been trying to give Kazami the item her little sister entrusted him to deliver back when he saved her. But back then, Kazami had been in a mentally unsound state unlike anything Watase had ever seen before, most likely due to the shock of losing her sister. She had been unable to maintain a proper conversation and would either reject Watase's visits or tell him off--

(But it's been years since then... Looks like she got back on her feet.)

Watase was happy about that. He didn't know if her underlying reason for becoming a rescue worker had to do with her sister's death. But now that she'd overcome her sorrow and had joined the same world as him, Watase wanted to watch over her.