Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Honky Tonk Woman: 08/01/2030, 07:48

Jun finally fulfilled her dream of joining ''Sirius'' after half a year of waiting for her transfer. As such, she was moved from the Rokumei City Eastern Fire Department to the Central Fire Department...

♪ BGM: Quiet Days of Rokumei City

(This is where Sis works... the front line for rescue workers!)

She wasn't only happy about getting to wear the uniform she'd admired for years. She was also excited about the prospect of possibly meeting ''him'' too.

Her memory of her savior was faint since it'd been nine years, but she felt she'd recognize him as soon as she saw him.

(Wonder if he'll remember me... I'd like to thank him once, at least.)

She then entered the station with those thoughts in mind--

Ah, good morning!

Jun saluted and greeted him.

I'm Jun Moribe, Firefighter! I'll be working at Sirius starting today! I swear I'll work myself to the bone to save lives, so let's both do our best together!

It was supposed to have been the perfect greeting. ...But the worker didn't respond no matter how long Jun waited.

...?
...Um, hello~?
Tch, not a speck of lady in this one either...!
Huh?

Jun was taken aback by how suddenly he clicked his tongue.

Uh, what do you mean by 'this one either'?
Nothing. Just talking to myself.
Then what about the 'no speck of lady' part!?
...I meant now our squad has two nutcases for women who decided they actually wanted to work to save lives.
Wha-!?
Well, whatever. Once you enlist, there is no man nor woman. You say you'll work yourself to the bone? Well, you'd better mean that.

The man left with those words. Utterly stunned by what had just happened, all Jun could do was watch him walk off into the distance.

A... rear end in a top hat! The hell's his problem!?

A voice called out to Jun from behind right after she let that curse slip through.

Jun, what are you upset about?
Ah, Sis! Hey, what's that guy's problem!? Our first meeting, and what does he say? 'Not a speck of lady in this one'! I hate it so much when people tell me that!
Who do you mean, 'that guy'?
That worker with the creepy eyes! Seriously, they look like a freaking lizard's!
Lizard... Jun, I think the man you're talking about... is our squad's captain. Fire Lieutenant Watase Kasasagi.
Huh!?
The captain's been complaining about that for a while. I believe his words were 'Five members on Team A, and two of them are women? What the hell is HR thinking?'.
Misogynist prick! Why the hell does a son of bitch like that have to be my superior--
Jun, watch your tongue! You can't use that kind of language here!
But Sis~...

Jun started pouting like a kid from her dissatisfaction. Kazami's face stiffened up at that moment.

Jun, this is a good opportunity for me to lay down some ground rules for you here. First of all, you are not to refer to me as 'Sis' while we're on duty.
Huh?
I am your superior henceforth. As such, you are to treat me as such and will refer to me as either 'Fire Sergeant Tachibana' or 'Lieutenant'.
Whoa, hey now, you can't expect me to get rid of old habits so--
That's an order. Furthermore, you are to use proper language when you are on duty. That is how I speak to everyone here, and you are to be no exception, Ensign Moribe.
Oh poo poo, you're serious, ain't ya? Geez, you're such a stickler, Sis~
Do. You. Hear. Me. Loud. And. Clear?

♪ BGM: Psychological Warfare

Though Kazami was not often prone to anger, Jun knew that there was nothing scarier than an enraged Kazami. Thus Jun clicked her heels and gave a salute before that storm of indignation could burst free.

P... pardon my insubordination, Lieutenant!

And thus Jun's life as a rescue worker unfolded.

♪ BGM: Challenger / Theme of Jun

--Though he always sounded full of himself, Watase's skills were next to none on the field. Jun had passed both firefighting academy and the rescue worker exam at the top of her class and had been treated as a real up and comer by the Eastern Fire Department, but she was nowhere near Watase's league. Armed with his physical abilities, level-headed judgment, and vast wealth of experience-- all of which far exceeded Jun's-- he truly was an ideal rescue worker.

(H-hmph... not bad, I guess.)

She couldn't stand his utter indifference, but she quickly grew to have faith in his skills. With Watase, Kazami, and Hiyama's cool heads balanced out by Dojima and Jun's wild personalities, the five of them made a great team.

(It's almost like human resources had that in mind when they assigned me...)

--At first she wasn't sure about the whole deal, but her days at Sirius weren't so bad after all. But there was one thing that kept bugging her.

Jun had been looking around the fire department to see if the rescue worker who'd saved her was there. But no one knew who she was talking about. Even Kazami was the same. All she had to say on the subject was ''Who knows... Why don't you try asking the Captain?''. But after Jun finally mustered up her courage and asked him, Watase simply said ''Hell if I know'' and left it at that.

(Well, I guess I'm glad it's not the Captain, but still.)

At any rate, it'd already been over nine years since that day. It wouldn't be surprising if he'd transferred or something.

(... So I guess that means my hero's no longer here, huh?)

Jun was a little disappointed that she couldn't show that man just how much she'd grown.