Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Update Forty Four: The End Of The World As We Know It

Welcome back, folks. Last time, we fought our way across the Floating Continent, defeating a living superweapon along the way. Today, we're going to confront Kefka and Gestahl. Let's roll.

This is it, folks.

Kefka and Gestahl have raised the Warring Triad, ripping free their very own floating landmass, and are preparing to achieve complete global satur domination.

Yeah, the three--Wait a second.

Well, this is true. They were megadicks to her.

: Behold! The Warring Triad!

That could just be magical cancer from being too close to a source of power.

If you're not sure what's happening here, Gestahl is gathering some of those energy twinkles above his head.

To pimp-smack Olivia with.

He then freezes our party in place. This is not looking good for us.

I know that sprites aren't always the best at conveying complex emotions, but this here just looks like Olivia was mildly inconvenienced, like she's thinking, "Well, he won't get away with that!"

Gestahl, just because you're standing next to unlimited power does not give you the power to hand out boning licenses.

Especially not to that guy.

This is a good idea. I had everyone not in the party cleared of their equipment before these three left for the Floating Continent.

Kefka has the perfect "gently caress you say?" face.

Ooh, take out Terra first; she's your main source of competition, Liv.

Perhaps, in regards to war, we should ask; what is it good for?

Holy poo poo, Olivia murdered Kefka.

Or just poked him with the tip.

If I was just stabbed, I'm not sure if I'd call my stabber a brat.

Or maybe I would. Hell, I've never been stabbed before.

I don't think I would ever have described Olivia as vicious...

None of those, either, really. Kefka, are you just using your angry words?

"I implores you, show me your power!"

: Kefka, stop! If you revive them, they'll destroy the very world we want to rule! There's no value in that!

What kind of psychopathic narcissist do you have to be--Oh, right, Kefka. Continue on.

So, these two are going to square off. Since they can't really do that with the field sprites, we're thrown into a "battle" to see it happen.

: Emperor Gestahl, what are you saying? This it the perfect chance to show them the power of the Warring Triad!

My daughter is teething and because of it, has a bit of a cold. I think I said these exact words to her.

I, uh, did not say that to her, though.

This, however, is something that has crossed my mind.

Yeah, she usually just smiles and laughs at me.

I suppose it's only fitting you go out laughing.

I once tried to throw a Hadoken at my daughter.

She responded by farting, then yawning at me.

Honestly, though, if Gestahl had any real sense to him, he would have punted Kefka off the Floating Continent when it was rising into the sky.

Meltdown isn't a spell we're remotely close to encountering, but Gestahl is busting out some serious poo poo.

: H-how...!? How are you doing this!?

: By standing at the center of the Warring Triad, of course! They absorb all magic sent their way. ...Or hadn't you noticed?

: Your first victim has stepped forward! Show this useless old man your true power!

: No! Kefka! Stop playing around!

: I said, SHOW HIM YOUR POWER!

Well, that was close.

Kefka, that seems like a good way to have a red lightning bolt sent straight to your nads.

But, who am I to question him?

That one didn't hit Gestahl. He's trying to flee before he's massacred.

Somewhere, Colin Farrell feels a pang of regret.

: Well, I guess I was a bit hasty in calling you a useless old man before...

"The first...Dictionary of the...Gestahlian Empire is about to be published..."

And, yeah, Kefka just whipped Gestahl off of the Floating Continent. He's, uh, pretty fuckin' dead now.

Which also means that poo poo has suddenly gotten much worse, if you thought that was even possible. The one real leash Kefka still had is now gone.

Kefka is now free to do as he pleases.

The first thing he does?

gently caress poo poo up.

I don't know, the camera hasn't panned over there.

Bowser!

It, uh, it looks like you hopped over here to club Olivia.

However, in reality, he saved Olivia and is now locking Kefka up.

gently caress that, I'll help. How much worse can we make things?

Oop, never mind, we're going.

We could try putting the statues back into their proper position.

Dawg, you're the one locked up. I don't think you're in a position to be making threats.

We've now got to escape the Floating Continent.

:ducksiren:To see the rest of this update in video format, click one of the ducks!:ducksiren:

As for us, we have six minutes to escape.

Olivia is now in our party, and I took some time to equip some gear onto her.

Since, in addition to parts of the continent falling off, there are encounters to deal with.

The Naude can only be encountered here; if we try to Imp it, it runs away.

It's got some strong attacks and some to just kind of waste time.

Such as Freezing a party member. Frozen is a fancy version of Stop, lasting twice as long, but can be broken by attacking the inflicted character with a Fire element spell or weapon.

Speaking of Fire, the 3,000 HP Naude is weak to it. As well as Holy and Lightning, absorbing Ice, and immune to Poison, Wind, Earth and Water.

If you hit him with magic and don't kill him, he has a chance to counter with Silence. He can also use Blizzara and Snowstorm.

There are absolutely no rewards for defeating the Naude, so we've just gotta crush 'em as quick as possibly and move along.

We're near the goal here; you would think we can run straight to that chest, but if we try, the ground falls away just in front of it.

The secret is to loop around to snag the treasure.

Which, hey, isn't too bad.

However, we have one final challenge before we can escape.

I do think so, yes.

He's got 2,800 HP, but is casting Doom on everyone at the beginning of the fight.

Which doesn't offer a ton of time to defeat him.

He's weak to Ice, Lightning and Holy, but comes with an auto-Reflect status.

Oh, so close!

Yeah, guess who forgot about the Reflect?

And had two spells queued up?

Thankfully, Remain had his Chainsaw at the ready, and I don't see how you're going to Reflect that.

Once again, no rewards, but that doesn't matter, we're outta here.

In a few minutes, at least. Bowser said he'd find his way, so let's make sure he does.

Yeah, give it some time, like you've just walked behind a waterfall and someone asked you for the password.

Oh, shut the gently caress up and get over here.

Thank goodness the Blackjack is down there.

In all fairness, we did not try kicking their asses.

Hey, what's--

Oh, poo poo.

At least get below decks!

Trade me Han for Remain, and I'm fine with my party being those on the left.

So, I'm sure you're wondering about the update title.

Stay tuned.