Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Quiet and Peaceful Time: 10/05/2020, 15:26

A certain day exactly a year after Natsuhiko's father had passed away. After the anniversary of his father's death, Natsuhiko and his mother headed home... Once they had finished visiting his father's grave, Natsuhiko walked through the park with his mother hand in hand. His mother whispered to him in a gentle voice.

♪ BGM: Anxious Times of Rokumei City

I made up my mind not to cry. You were good too, Mom. You didn't cry either.
Hee hee... I made up my mind not to cry either. I did cry in front of you a year ago, though...

That had been the only time Natsuhiko had seen his mother cry in his life at that point. He wanted to become stronger so he could stop those tears. In place of his strong and gentle father.

...But still, Dad was always smiling. That's what I loved the most about him. Even when he got sick and thin... he never stopped smiling.
You're right... He never lost his cheerfulness. He was like the sun.

She looked to the sky as she said that. And she smiled nostalgically.

...Did you know, Natsuhiko? That smile's saved your mother time and time again. Even back when your father and I first met.
When you first met...?

Now that he thought about it, he had yet to hear his mother talk about how she'd met his father. Ever since he was born, his parents had always been ''Mom and Dad'' to him, so he never even imagined they had a past he didn't know. He became a little curious and decided to ask her about it.

Mom, when did you and Dad first meet?
It's already been about eight years now, hasn't it...? It was back when l was still at home.
At home?
At the home I was born and raised in. You haven't met them, but I have parents too. I was still living with them.
I see... So they're grandma and grandpa?
Yes. But... I had a sort of a problem with that family. They were big on formalities, but familial bonds and love... were a little lost on that household. So I was forced to live a horribly uncomfortable lifestyle. The only memories I have from childhood are about studying. They didn't acknowledge the free will of children... It was like a prison.
Huh... Is that so...?

His mother's words were difficult to understand, but he somehow understood that she once had it rough.

...You must've had it tough, Mom...
I loved academics, so I'm grateful to some extent for them sending me to get special education for gifted children, but still... However, your father saved me from that household.
Dad did?
I had already published several papers at that time, and he came to meet me after taking interest in them. When we first met, well... to be honest, he was a little creepy.
Huh, really!?
Well, it kind of felt like he was trying to flirt with me. He acted overly familiar, and he'd always joke around... Plus, he'd shower me with absurd amounts of praise over how I was such a beauty of a genius physicist. At first, I thought 'What is he trying to do? Didn't he come here out of interest for my papers?'.
Haah... But I guess that's just like Dad, huh?
Indeed. Begrudgingly enough, that's just how he was.

She chuckled as she said that.

Anyway, that's why I didn't like him at first... but as we talked, I understood how he seriously was interested in my theses. Because he was a Level 4 Communicator, which was a rarity at the time, you see. He wanted to solve the mysteries of the ability he was born with somehow or another. Including from a physics standpoint. I was interested in his ability as well, so we decided to work for a solution together.
Um... so you mean you wanted to solve the mystery of Dad's BC?
Yes. Because it was a very interesting research topic. And as we advanced our research together, we came to talk about various things. I still hadn't completely relaxed my guard around him at that time... but I did gradually begin to talk about my family situation. So what do you think he did? He suddenly cried.
Huh? Dad cried?
He was somehow empathetic... He had no relatives, so my story actually really left an impression on him, apparently. But there I was, just talking indifferently, and he suddenly started crying. That's just confusing, isn't it? ...My confusion continued for a little while after that. For him to cry at a story like mine was a little... well...
What?
...It's nothing. In any case, our relationship slightly changed after that. Enough for me to let him read my mind with empathy. And once he learned my innermost thoughts that I hadn't told anybody else, he smiled at me and said 'Don't worry, I'll do something about it'.
Ah, that was Dad's favorite phrase, wasn't it?
It was. Because he was basically a reckless man. But when I saw that smile of his, I oddly felt like I could leave it all up to him.
Yeah, yeah, I can understand.
So, skipping all of that confusion... in the end, he took me away from that household by force and made me his bride. I was only 18 when we were married... I was young, in a lot of ways.
I see... Dad was kinda cool, wasn't he?
He really was... Looking back, I feel like the day I met your father was the day my life truly began.

Miyoko looked at Natsuhiko as she said that.

♪ BGM: Words of Healing

...You know, Natsuhiko... You're the gift that Shun gave me. My most precious treasure. I'm not good with words, so I don't know if I can convey this well, but... I love you as much as I loved Shun, but in a different way.
Hmm, that wasn't hard to understand at all. I love you too, Mom. Just like I loved Dad.
You're right... I love both of you too.

Natsuhiko's mother embraced him gently. Then she grasped his hand and spoke.

Now how about we head back home? Our home.
Yeah!

Natsuhiko answered cheerfully and walked with his mother.

Tips posted:

TIP: Natsuhiko Tenkawa
Category: Fiction

A boy enrolled in Rokumei Academy as a first year high school student. A Rank S Aptitude, Ability Level 6 Communicator, an extreme rarity even in Japan.

He was once a cheerful, mischievous young boy, but nine years ago, he got himself and Yuuri caught in the ''Subject N escape incident'' and his personality turned completely around. He then distanced himself from others and lived a calm, quiet life, but as he joined forced with Mashiro to prevent a terrorist attack on Rokumei City, he returned to his former self so as to not repeat the same mistakes of the past.

After surviving the series of events that happened once again in LABO, he worked alongside Yuuri, Mashiro, and Salyu as living witnesses testifying against the dark side of Rokumei City and LABO while migrating all around Japan to avoid Q's pursuers.

The higher a Communicator's level, the more susceptible they are to brain diseases and premature death. Knowing this truth, Natsuhiko realizes his future prospects are anything but promising, and yet he still looks to the future with a hopeful smile. As if to tell his deceased father Shun just who exactly Natsuhiko is.

Tips posted:

TIP: BCAD
Category: Fiction

There is a book entitled ''Beyond Communication is the Advent of the Dawn''... Simply put, the book is hogwash. Allow us to skim through a few passages.

--There is an expression called ''locked away in your own world''. That which we call the world is, in essence, thoughts. Consciousness. A ''spirit'' if you are so inclined to call it such. Qualia aren't the only things we see that others can't. We as humans each see an entire world that others can't. Or perhaps we couldn't, until now that is. Because now, it's all made possible by the existence of BC.

Miyoko Tenkawa, the physicist who first proposed the informational field hypothesis, stated that the true form of the human consciousness is the M particles that have copied the information on the brain. In that case, everything inside the skull is another world. While all people live in the same world, each person has their own different world that nobody else can understand. BC therefore allows for communication between parallel worlds, which means BC still has much potential left to uncover.

The worlds in other people's heads aren't the only worlds that we can't perceive. Take Hugh Everett's many-worlds interpretation. The omnipresent, human-intervening Third Man factor... These could all possibly be explained by BC. If we put empathy to practical use, we could perceive unknown parallel worlds and paranormal existences... no, perhaps we could even communicate with those things. I know this might sound crazy. But think about it. Just 20 years ago, even BC was laughed off as crazy talk--

Observing parallel worlds and communicating with unknown existences... Perhaps BC does indeed have that sort of power. In any case, if those things were to hypothetically exist, then perhaps only the most exceptionally powerful of Rank S Aptitude Communicators could reach the level necessary to contact them. It would require the emission of tremendous amounts of information energy to even transcend the ''boundaries'' of the world. If only there were a Communicator who could pull off such a feat. A Communicator, or perhaps even something else entirely...

These were the last tips we get to see. The only thing left for 100% completion is scene titles.