Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
:siren: SRW UX - The Gate of Neidhöhle Opens

: They’ve got the right idea – you can't just go "he's assimilated" and figure that's the end of that…!
: Come try your hand at me, Festum! I’m not letting you take any other step towards my undergrads!

:siren: SRW UX - Linebarrel

: They’re trying to save their friend… and if that’s the case, then I’m pulling all the stops to make it happen!

:siren: SRW UX - Love 14 ver. HD (Vocal)

: Kazuki and his friends have their work cut out for them… And I’ll help them any way I can!

:siren: SRW UX - Tales of Mirisha ~ The Brave Legend

: Kazuki and his fellows have left to rescue their friend! And so it falls on us, their comrades, to support them in their endeavor!

:siren: SRW UX - Envoy from Jupiter

: Kazuki and the others are trying to talk with Koyo Kasugai. But what outcome is waiting at the end of it all…?

:siren: SRW UX - The Eternal Soldiers

: You blobs never learn, do ya? We might be missing the Fafners but that’s no prob… I’ll cut you all to ribbons myself!
: Well, I’d wager even if they read the mind of a stupid monkey like you, the information wouldn’t do them any good… Get to it, then, and don’t hold back!

:siren: SRW UX - Life Goes On

: Kazuki and his friends only want to save Koyo… and I’ll make sure you can’t do anything to that powerful wish of theirs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIDxVQms2_4
Another new variation!

:siren: SRW UX - Future-Bound Fighting Spirit

: I’ve no doubt Kazuki’s group’ll manage to save Koyo…
: So, I’ll just focus on taking out the Festum! I’ve felt the pain of watching a friend die once and I’m not letting it happen again – not to me or to anyone!

:siren: SRW UX - Dunbine Flies

: Kazuki and his friends are calling his mind, his soul, back here… And if you’re looking to stop them, then…!

:siren: SRW UX - Deus Machina

: Though he is no longer human, they would still call him their friend…
: Then, Kurou, there is only one thing for us to do!
: Aye, aye! We’ll stomp the monsters trying to nab their friend right back where they came from!

:siren: SRW UX - Envoy from Jupiter

: That should be all the Festum that moved in on the island!
: But what about Koyo?!

: Come on, Koyo, remember! You saved everyone, didn’t you?!
: Come back to us, Koyo! You can’t let the Festum get the better of you!
: …
: Are you there…?

: It’s not working. His assimilation isn’t letting up!
: This might be the end…

: Hrm!
: I was, but not anymore!
: …?!
: Ca-Canon?!
: Canon, what the hell are you doing?! You trying to play bait?!
: Get away from him, Canon!
: I can’t do that. Take Kazuki and the others and run!

This obviously only plays if you saved Shouko. If you haven’t, check the bottom of the update for the other scene.

: Kasugai, stop!

:siren: Angela - Separation

: Shouko…?!
: Look, Koyo’s stopped…!
: Please, Kasugai, remember the kind boy you used to be…
: Wh…at… Shou…ko… How…?
: I’ve come back to our island…
: Shou…ko’s… back…?
: I am… so why don’t you do the same?
: We can take pictures with our friends, play cards together… do everything we did in those peaceful days…
: I want… to go back…
: I want… to be with Shouko… with our friends…!

: His presence’s changed…?!
: Hck… Uwaaaaaaaaaaaah!
: Koyo’s mind has resurfaced.
: Koyo…
: Kazuki… Shouko’s… Aa-aahh…
: Yes… I know… Shouko…
: Shouko… is right here.
: Kasugai… thank you for watching over the island and our friends while I was gone…
: Waaaah… Shoukooooo!

: Makabe, if you want, I got a clear shot on the target…
: Don’t. There’s no target for you to put down.
: No target? But he’s…
: Mizoguchi… Festum do not cry.
: ...?! I see your point...

*Woooooom.*

: Incoming from Solomon. Koyo’s been IDed as a Slave Type.
: A Slave Type Festum…? Then that means…
: The Festum willingly erased its ability to assimilate…?
: A Festum that cannot assimilate others… This is nothing short of a miracle!
: Only this miracle happened because the kids never stopped believing in Koyo Kasugai…
: The Festum erased its ability to assimilate…? But that cannot be…
: Seems this path isn’t the wrong one at all…
: That light… that light is the first step towards a potential coexistence between Festum and humans…

: Doctor, how’s Koyo doing?
: He’s asleep again. His conversion into a Slave Type probably exhausted him.
: Do you think he’ll wake up again?
: Don’t worry… When the time comes, he’ll awaken again. Today was just a bit too soon.
: Tsubaki, you speak like you know everything there is to know about the Festum…
: Because I do. I’m the same as Koyo.
: The same? Then you’re…
: I’m a Core Type, a variant of the Coagula Type – an autonomous union of Festum and Human, of which there are only a handful across the world.
: Tsubaki’s a union of Human and Festum…?!
: Correct. This girl isn’t human either.
: Rather, she’s something raised to the status of the island’s guardian deity. And her powers give her full control of every system on the island.
: The island’s guardian deity…
: Whatever Tsubaki is doesn’t matter one bit.
: Seri…
: I was a bit surprised at first but, at the end of the day, you’re still the same Tsubaki I know – my good friend!
: Eheheh, and mine as well, of course.
: Seri, Rina…
: And I reckon it’s a bit too late for a team like ours to start caring about stuff like that.
: Yeah, what with Gundam-humans like Liu Bei and his crew around…
: Or straight-up robots like Fei, or grimoire spirits like Al.
: The denomination of one’s being is hardly cause for concern. Rather, you should stand proud of who you are.
: On the flip side, a little bit of modesty wouldn’t hurt you, I think…
: But the point is that you’re someone, and how you were born is just a footnote.
: The actually important thing is how you live your life. That’s what I believe.
: Thank you, everyone…
: Hmph, your philosophy is simply astonishing. But I suppose I shouldn’t have expected any better from this hodgepodge merc group of terrorists and aliens.
: You’ve got a real attitude problem, don’t you?
: So, anyone who doesn’t conform to your views shouldn’t be allowed to exist? Is that what you believe?
: Seriously, where’d you stash your time machine, guy? The 12th century must be missing you.
: Maya, the people of this island are fools. But I know you can see the bigger picture – leave this place and come with me.
: Dad… How did you feel when Mr. Hino died? Were you sad?
: Hino? He just showed that that was all he could amount to.
: Dad…!
: What…?
: Tell me, what difference is there between you and a heartless Festum?
: Toumi…

: SO Bartland, we’re ready to depart.
: Understood.
: You’re still going to keep waging that war with the Festum? Even after everything you saw today with Koyo Kasugai?
: There are signs that the Mir at the South Pole’s growing more active…
: Sooner or later the Festum’ll launch attacks across the entire planet. Once that happens, you will have to fight.
: The Festum’re going to attack the entire planet…?
: Mitsuhiro, say you wind up winning that battle, what will you have left?
: As long as we win, I don’t need anything else.
: How can you say such a thing?! Would that truly satisfy you?!
: Tell me, what point is there in a victory that you had to forsake your family and your comrades to earn?!
: You’re free to say whatever you want – all that matters to me is destroying the Festum.

*Off he goes.*

: That man’s hatred for the Festum is such that he’s lost sight of why this battle began in the first place.
: Meaning you could easily call him another victim of it all…
: (Goodbye, dad…)

: Shouko Hazama, may I have a word?
: Canon?
: Regardless of how things turned out, your intervention today was a very risky thing to do.
: If something happened to you again… Well, Youko would be very sad…
: I could say the same to you, Canon.
: …? Youko, what do you mean…?
: I meant exactly that: I’d be very sad if something happened to you…
: You and Shouko are both very dear to me – you’re family…
: …?! I’m… family?
: So how about we try to know each other a bit better, Canon? What do you say?
: Okay…

: (I’m so happy for you, Canon…)
: Maya…
: Sis… thank you so much for watching over me all this time…
: But I’ll be alright.
: Maya, you’re not seriously thinking…
: Yes, I am. I’m taking up a Fafner myself – not to hurt others, but to keep my friends safe…

: That’s the last of the lanterns we had to send out, I think.
: Look at how all their lights mesh together. It’s so pretty…
: Pretty, but also ephemeral – just the same as the light of human life.
: That might just be what the past Japanese had in mind when they started doing this festival.
: (Mayu, Stella, Rey…)
: (Rest in peace…)
: Do you think dad’s laughing at me for protecting someone who’d turned into a Festum…?
: If he’s laughing, I’m sure it’s out of joy…
: I hope so…
: Leica, that’s…
: Everyone has a past, no…? This felt like a good opportunity, so I made a lantern myself.
: I see…
: (“Humans can’t die in the sky”…)
: (It’s not much, but this is the best I can give you. May you find peace beneath this blue sky, Ryuuga…)
: “Jones Family”…? Is that for…
: For my mom and dad. I don’t really have the time to visit their graves right now, so I made a lantern…
: Joey’s father is known all over Center City too… how he laid down his life to save his friends…
: He must’ve been a great man…
: He was… and my dream is to be a hero just like him someday…
: You guys made one too, hm…?
: No one gets a proper burial when staging an armed intervention against the world. But at least the soul still passes on after death…
: We swear to you that we’ll change this world, Neil Dylandy.
: Hayase, is that lantern…?
: Yeah, I made one for Yajima. He’s the reason why I am who I am today.
: We made one for our father and Sun Ce too.
: Their graves are all the way back in Mirisha, but we could at least do this to honor them.
: Is that one for Kaoru, Soubi…?
: It is. Some of this island looks very similar to Kamata when we first met, so I think she’d be happy with this.
: Liu Bei, your lantern’s for...?
: For Lu Zhi, my mentor and the one who first opened my eyes to justice, and Gongsun Zan, a man who I looked to as my elder brother and whom I’m forever indebted to…
: Both were magnificent men, entirely dedicated towards creating a brighter tomorrow for Mirisha…
: This may be a different world, but at the very least I pray their souls be well… Of course, I do not know if it’ll reach their ears.
: I think it will… your prayer’s bursting with very strong emotions.
: Indeed…? I thank you, Fei.

(In case you’re curious, GM Cannon played Lu Zhi and EZ-8 played Gongsun Zan). And this next one is only if you didn’t save Karen:

: Damian…
: I made this lantern for Karen.
: You can laugh if you want. Here I am, having been on Earth for just a few months and knowing precisely zilch about Japanese culture, making a lantern for a The Boom Army soldier…
: No one here’s laughing, Damian. We all saw how you and Karen felt for each other.
: I’m sure your prayer’ll find its way to her…
: Thanks, guys…

Common ground:

: The islanders and the UX people still remember those who’ve passed, hm…?
: We could never bring ourselves to forget them.
: Todd, Garalia, Nie, Keen, Rimul, Elle…
: So many people, gone…
: Shou…
: If those who died return to the earth, then it could be said that we live our lives standing on the backs of the dead. (A switch on lyrics of Azure, the main Fafner Heaven and Earth theme.)
: We’d do well to remember that…
: We live our lives standing on the backs of the dead…
: You might be right…

: There something you need?
: Koyo Kasugai’s chosen where he truly is. Shouldn’t you do the same?
: … Oh, but how can I? I don’t know much of anything. I lost my memories, see.
: Really? Well, I hope they’ll come back someday.

: Human or not, a friend is still a friend…
: Not much time remains, but they’re all learning.
: So I’m sure they’ll accept everything. It’ll be fine…
: Tsubaki Minashiro…
: (But you’re right – it’s almost time…)

Finally, if you didn’t get Shouko, the final scene with Koyo plays out as it did in the series:

: Hrm!
: I was, but not anymore!
: Ca-Canon?!
: Canon, what the hell are you doing?! You trying to play bait?!

*:tfrxmas:*

: Michio, wait! Something’s wrong with him!
: What…?!
: Your clothes… Shou… ko…?
: No… I’m not Shouko Hazama…
: Y-You’re… right… Shouko’s… not here… anymore… She’s…!

*Crack!*

: His presence’s changed…?!
: Hck… Uwaaaaaaaaaaaah!
: Koyo’s mind has resurfaced.
: Koyo…
: Kazuki… Shouko’s… Aa-aahh…
: I-I know… Shouko… Shouko’s…gone…
: Aaaaah… Shoukooooo!

And then the rest plays out the same.
Also, tallying the votes over both threads and Youtube comments, our current five frontrunners for getting maxed out are Kurou (10), Fei-Yen (8), Heroman (7), Shouko (6) and Cao Cao (4). Curiously, Arnie, Kouichi and the SKL duo are all tied at 6th place with 3 votes each.
There’s still 24hrs left on the vote, so we could see some changes – if you haven’t voted yet and your favorite’s almost there, here’s your chance.

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jul 27, 2018