Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
Quick FYI: tindeck’s creator decided to shut down the site, so all those links will be dead come August. All UX files have already been backed up, mind, and I’ll carry on posting them as usual via lpix, but the traditional tindeck tags will no longer be there. Lpix doesn’t provide tags, and making those from scratch would be effort better spent translating, so I’ll stick with url links, which I’ll try to make stand out through :siren:s .
I’ll slowly start poking through the past updates, replacing the old links with these new ones. Hopefully it’ll all be clear by the time August arrives, but keep this in mind in case you visit past missions and don’t find any BGM links.

Here we are again, following our party in Alcatraz. Now we’re heading for Tatsumiya, where I’m sure our fun times will only continue. Michio, Kazuki, Arnie and Saya are deploying as event units, so here’s how we’re going:
Joe/Athrun
Heroman/Domyoji
Kouichi/Kiki
Maya/Shangxiang
Mamoru/Hebi
Liu Bei/Rennie
Canon/Shouko
Kira/Graham
Burn/Marvel
Shou/Tsubasa
Cao Cao/Moritsugu
Mazinkaiser/Soubi
Allelujah/Dr. West
Kurou/Deceive
Shinn/Lunamaria
Sun Quan/Eida
Alto/Yajima
Aesap/Yulianne
Fei-Yen/Lockon
Tactician: Michio (If you’re on track for the #3 Fafner secret, and have also earned 100+ kills between Michio and Canon, then set him in as your tactician)

Also, keep in mind that this mission is the cutoff point for the #2 Fafner Secret kill tally, meaning Mamoru, Sakura and Kenji’s total must add to 150+ by the end. If you’re not quite there, then take the time to feed Mamoru enough kills. Of course, that’s assuming you’ve used Triple Dog 5+ times when it was available.

Off we go.

: Welcome, Director Hazard. I am Alex Glem of the Army of Mankind. (Aesap’s dad, if you’ve forgotten since his last appearance.)
: Alex…?
: Col. Alex used to be commander of a Union base in Japan. He’s a very capable person.
: He, and Dog Tack, will surely be very helpful.
: Hrm, that name – “Alex” – really grinds my gears… but fine. I look forward to working with you, Colonel.
: Likewise, Director Hazard…
: (Hazard had been exposed for having ties to the alien invaders, but now he’s been reinstated…?)
: (Just what is happening to the Army of Mankind… to the Federation Army…?)
: Apologies for interrupting your conversation, but would it be possible for me to head back to the Union’s research institute? The sooner, the better.
: It won’t be an issue, yes. And we’re already making arrangements for that, as per your request.
: We’ve high hopes that your research will be very useful for the mop-up following Operation Heaven’s Door.
: Yes, ma’am! I won’t disappoint you!

*Minami leaves.*

: You’ve already laid out plans even for the mop-up, hm? I see you’ve been busy with Operation Heaven’s Door.
: Of course I have. It won’t be long before the new Salvator Model is finished, and, with it, we’ll be able to wipe out the Festum dwelling in the North Pole.
: Ooh… Dr. Bartland’s new Fafner?!
: And if we can add ALVIS’ Nothung Models to our forces, victory’ll be all but assured.
: You want ALVIS’ Fafners…? But haven’t they refused to cooperate with us on multiple occasions?
: Heheheh. My, what a benevolent man you are, Colonel.
: … What do you mean?
: What she means is that we just need to have the Fafners. How we manage to make that happen doesn’t matter.
: …
: You can’t be suggesting…!
: Sit back and relax, why don’t you? You’ll see how Hazard Pasha does things…
: (I’ve nothing to worry about now that The Advancers have my back again. And for my next move… Heheheheheh…)

: You’re going to help General Zhou Yu and Sheryl recover, then…?
: Of course. After all the dozens of times your crew has saved our islands, we’re more than happy to assist in every way we can.
: You have my deepest thanks. Please look after him.
: Also, we were wondering if you’d let us try and treat Setsuna as well.
: You can fix him up?!
: We can’t say for sure just yet…
: But if we adapt our research into Assimilation somewhat, there is a not-insignificant chance we may just find ways to treat his condition.
: Now that’s some great news, and I’m sure Feldt’ll be real happy to hear it.
: Now, Ms. Sheryl, I’d like to run some exams to see the current state of your infection. Could you come to the infirmary later?
: Of course.
: But, just to let you know, whatever results you get, asking me to stop singing is absolutely not an option, okay?
: Hahah, the rumors didn’t do justice to how determined you are.
: But, alright. We’ll do everything in our power to try and preserve your vocal chords.
: Prof. Toumi, can I also have a word with you later? I’ve something I need your help with.
: That’d be no problem, but… did anything happen?
: I’ll tell you later…
: (Michio…?)
: Cmdr. Makabe, if I may ask, did ALVIS also receive a message from the Federation Army?
: We did, yes. It was a request regarding their Operation Heaven’s Door…
: They were all but demanding that our Nothung Models take part in it.
: It’s not like the Federation to take that heavy-handed approach with us, but it makes sense when you see who’s in charge of said operation.
: Hazard Pasha, hm? That prick busting out of the slammer was about the last thing we needed to hear.
: And his return is also due to The Advancers’ support?
: Yes, and with those guys on the Army of Mankind’s side, they have pretty much free rein to do anything, no matter how appalling. It’ll all be validated or swept under the rug.
: They’re a much bigger pain-in-the-rear end than we expected…
: Regardless, will ALVIS take part in that operation?
: We haven’t given them an answer yet, but the writing on the wall’s very clear…
: This is Hazard. He’s bound to try some of his usual tricks…
: But isn’t that an operation to wipe out the Festum in the North Pole? That should be enough reason for you to agree to help, no?
: That’s not really the issue, though. The main question here is whether or not Hazard is still in bed with The Boom Army.
: If he isn’t, then I think we could find a way to work with the Army of Mankind…
: (We’d be working with them? Meaning we’d fight alongside Jin, too…)

Cut to the G-Excellent, where Hazard relates his escape from prison to Charme – he’d never make it as Director of the Martian Development Bureau if he weren’t a tough nut to crack. Now, what does he want? Surely he didn’t call just to say hi. Weeell, he would actually like to request The Boom Army’s help with a certain operation of theirs.
And what, pray tell, do they have to gain from doing that? Well, of course Hazard wouldn’t expect them to do it out of the goodness of their hearts and has prepared suitable compensation: how does a substitute for the Kylhasium sound? Charme asks how he knows of their fuel problems, and Hazard notes that Ylbora informed him of how when the Elshank warped here, their fuel stocks were, for reasons unknown, consumed almost entirely. The same happened to Charme and Annex’s ship, yes?

Annex can see why Grathan chose to work with Hazard, and the director confirms that his old contact spoke much of the emperor. Charme tries arguing that someone of the emperor’s status shouldn’t waste his breath on a worm like Hazard, but, no, Annex tells her to let it be and agrees to the request.
Hazard sings praises of Annex’s magnanimity and is very grateful – he’ll be sending them details of the operation soon enough. As the call ends, Charme asks if they really should be humoring his request. They could just steal that Kylhasium substitute and be done with it. True, but the emperor confesses that Hazard has piqued his interest a bit: “That is a man who was once swallowed whole by the treads of fate that tie around this world, yet he has managed a comeback that is nothing short of impressive. Was it all due to simple luck? Or perhaps…”

:siren: SRW UX - Separation

: Hey, Sakura…
: Mamoru and the others came back to the island today. Been a while since the whole gang’s been together, huh…?
: And, um…

*Door opens.*

: Kenji, everyone’s here to see you.
: Hey there, Kenji…
: You and Sakura doing alright…?
: Sakura… please get better soon… Then we can all hang out like we used to.
: Back when there was no fighting… It was just all of us, together… *Sniff*…
: Kenji…
: Those days aren’t coming back, though. It’s the present that we live in.
: So, you…
: I’m afraid…
: “Afraid”…?
: Of fighting… of dying, of never seeing Sakura again…
: But we have to fight. If we don’t, the world’ll never go back to being a place where Sakura can live in peace…
: But I’m not like you!
: ?!
: Your Altered Consciousness turns you into a big hero, so of course you don’t have anything to worry about!
: You just slap on that helmet and, boom, you’re the invincible GOUBINE, right?!
: Th-That’s…
: But it’s not like that for me! I tried and I tried, but I just…!
: Your Altered Consciousness isn’t Mamoru’s fault, though.
: So, what?! You still have no idea what I go through! None of you do!
: Kenji, I…
: Let’s go, Mamoru. We should leave him be for now…
: Okay…

*Everyone leaves.*

: Kenji…
: Mom… Are you going to tell me to fight, too?
: … No. To tell you the truth, I’m actually a bit relieved right now.
: Huh…?
: Because you wouldn’t have to fight if you stayed like this. And the thought of that does make me feel so much relief…
: But there’s one thing you should always keep in mind: who it is that will be forced to fight in your place…
: ?!
: If, despite that, you still don’t wish to fight…
: Then, it’s all right. I’ll take care of you.

*She leaves.*

: I… what am I doing? What am I supposed to do?!
: Please tell me, Sakura…

: Thanks for coming, Soushi.
: Why did you call me here…?
: This is where our island’s Siegfried System’s located. And where you chose your fate.
: So, I called you because I want to ask you to choose it one more time…
: My fate…?
: I exist solely to protect you and the island. That’s what I always thought…
: But that changed when you met everyone, when you and Kazuki got through to one another… right? What do you think now?
: I want to fight alongside them all.
: Which is why I’d like to ask that the Siegfried System be set to its full configuration in preparation for the Federation’s counteroffensive.
: All these battles you’ve fought outside the island have been with a simplified version of the System.
: Use it in its full configuration and what happened to Koyo and Sakura will also happen to you…
: I heard a voice at Alcatraz…
: A voice…?
: It came from the Yùxǐ… And Kongming believed that what we heard was the voice of our own fates.
: Present, past, future… what we heard might have been our own inner cries, crossing through time and space.
: And?
: And what I heard…
: Was a Festum’s voice.
: And you’d still fight, even knowing that?
: I will, yes…
: Okay. If that’s the path you chose, then so be it.
: But remember that while your only option at the moment is to fight, there may come a time when a different one may be possible…
: I’m sorry. And thank you, Tsubaki…
: You know you don’t have to stand on formality with me.
: I suppose not…
: We… We never could just be regular brother and sister, huh? Not even in the end.
: The end…? Tsubaki, are you…
: I don’t think I have… much time left, no.
: Please don’t forget that I was here.
: I would never. You…
: You’re my only sister, after all.
: Hm…
: Hey, would it be okay if I called you like a regular sister would?
: Yes…
: Thank you, my…

: Activion…?!
: Yeah, I want you to inject me with it.
: You can’t, Michio! If you do that, you’ll…!
: Please… My Synergetic Code values have dropped too much over the years.
: This has to be done or I won’t be able to pilot a Nothung Model!
: But…!
: What’s this “Activion”?
: A chemical that stimulates the Festum genes in their bodies.
: But it’s only a temporary measure. Once the effect wears off, there’s risk of the person undergoing acute Assimilation.
: Assimilation… Then he’d end up just like Sakura?!
: Michio, please, think this through! You’ve already fought all the way into the age limit of Fafner pilots! No one would ever criticize you if you stepped down!
: I want… I want to make sure the future of this island, and your dream, will be safe…
: Michio…
: Every person has something that they have to see through, even if it means risking their lives.
: And that strong will gives birth to new possibilities… which allow the people to choose between them.
: We’re all here because we’ve faced our destinies and made a choice…
: But… If he gets Assimilated, what will happen to us…
: (“Us”…?)
: Listen to me, Yumiko. I promise you I’ll make it through all the way. And when the Activion’s effect wears off…
: Then we’ll get married.
: Michio…!
: Prof. Toumi, do I have your blessing?
: Of course. I wish you all the happiness in the world.
: Thank you very much.
: U-Um… Michio, I...

*ALARM!*

: Wh-What...?!

*Beep.*

: We’re detecting multiple mobile units approaching the island! They’ve already made it through the first and second Welle Shields!
: Someone’s attacking… Could it be the Army of Mankind?!
: Let’s go, guys! We have to protect our island!

*Everyone leaves.*

: Are you going, Michio…?
: Yeah…
: Hit me with the Activion.
: Please… don’t die!

*Inject!*

Mission 37 – The Living

: The Boom Army?! It’s not the Army of Mankind…?
: I bet Hazard’s behind this! He really is still working with 'em!
: Maybe his plan is to have us fight these first and then steal the Fafners after we’ve been weakened!
: (Hmph… Do you belittle me so that you’d use me as bait, Hazard?)
: (But I’m afraid I won’t be dancing to your tunes. I still have my own mission to accomplish!

: Huh?! The enemy flagship’s just vanished from our radar!
: Their flagship…? What do you think they’re up to?
: We can worry about it later. Our priority right now is pushing them off the island!
: A-All mobile squadrons, p-please deploy right away…!
: You are far too tense, General Lu Xun.
: G-“General”?! Me…?
: You are General Zhou Yu’s successor, no? However, there is a difference between shouldering a responsibility and letting it overwhelm you.
: Please do not forget that…
: Yes, you’re right. Thank you, Master Kongming…
: (Look on, master. I’ll take up your spirit onto myself!)

: So, this is what a Nothung Model feels like…
: Alright, let’s get to it! Come what may, none of them are taking anything from us! Not our island… and not our hope!
: (Michio can’t handle this alone. We’ve to help him out in any way we— Rgh?!)
: What’s wrong, Kazuki?!
: N-No, it’s nothing.
: More importantly, where are you, Soushi? Our connection feels different today…
: The enemy attack forced me to establish a link not from the external models, but from within ALVIS. There should still be no issues with the system’s operation proper, though.
: From ALVIS…?
: (Hmhmhm… Let’s see what makes you so powerful, UX!)
: It’s pretty dang clear that the Army of Mankind’s gonna jump us after we’re worn out a little.
: Make sure you try and conserve as much juice as you can, folks! Remember that we’re the only ones who can protect this island!

Destroy everything, don’t lose a ship, Kazuki, Michio, Arnie or Saya. The Boom Army doesn’t bring anything new to the table, but they’re obviously not the main problem here. As everyone’s been saying, conservation of resources is the name of the game, because there’ll be a decent bunch of stuff headed your way soon.
The entire western edge of the map is covered in water, and the new enemies’ll be coming in from the SW corner, so a good plan would be to angle your guys west and to camp out at the beach. Let the mooks come to your land-bound units and they’ll go down in short order – spread out command auras so you don’t have to spend SP casting Focus and whatnot.

Fafner Mark Ein (Michio Hino)
Mech Features:
Sword
Gun
Norn System
Siegfried System

And now for something completely different, the Mark Ein is the polar opposite of the Megatherion Model in that it’s very much a close-range attacker. It’s decent enough, and certainly an upgrade to Michio’s previous ride, but it’s by far the worst Fafner we’ve had to this point not only in terms of raw firepower and/or utility, but due to Michio’s less-than-stellar evasion (or the fact that his Melee stat is worse than his Ranged).
Still, he can make for a good-ish squaddie if you pair him with someone that boosts what he needs.

:siren: SRW UX - The Gate of Neidhöhle Opens

: (The Nothung Model…)
: (I’ll protect not only Yumiko and our island with it…)
: But, also, all the hope our future holds!

:siren: SRW UX - Lion

And when you down 6 enemy squads…

*Beep, beep.*

: Radar’s detecting new units entering our airspace!
: They’re giving out… Accelerated Particle readings!
: Ensign…!
: Here you are, Jin…!

:siren: SRW UX - The Proud Challengers

: Targets confirmed up ahead!
: Knack, Colbie, are we clear on the operation?
(Knack): Hold the UX at bay and capture the Fafners, roger!
(Colbie): Proton Generator is stable! Ready to engage on your order!
: The Riots Archer and Battler?!
: Jin… Are those units—!
: Hmhmm. They’re furnished with the unrestrained Proton Generators, meaning they can unleash their maximum output…
: These are the very same machines that marked the turning points of our fates!
: You’d take things that far, Jin…?!
: I’ll do as I must to overcome both my past and you, my greatest obstacle!
: All so Ayul and I can grasp the beginning of life!
: Jin…!
: (“The turning points of our fates”? That man also…)
: We can’t let them get their hands on any of the Fafners!
: Cover every single one of them and focus your attacks on the enemy commanders!

Now we need to take out either Jin or Ayul to progress, though, as usual, the other’ll retreat once one is destroyed. They’re in separate squads, so draw them in and see if you can set up a nice MAPW with either Kira, Jeffrey or Rennie in the Kuuma to get both.

:siren: SRW UX - Tales of Mirisha ~ The Brave Legend

:siren: SRW UX - You Are Similar to Me

:siren: SRW UX - The Will of Man Awakens

(Knack): Tsk…! I’ll get you for this, UX!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88d2LKaPcgw
And Cao Cao’s the only of the SD Gundams that gets two Celestial Armor attacks, so here’s the other one plus the DK. And I felt the need to ask MajinZenki do make me a little something for this:

The Riots A and B don’t have a lot more HP than the Cs, and the pilots, despite being named, are still generics, so they get trounced quite handily.

(Colbie): There’re abnormalities with the Proton Generator?!
(Colbie): Hrm… I didn’t expect an unrestrained engine to be as finicky as this!

: I’ve no idea what it is that you’re trying to “grasp”, but if you’re going around hurting innocents for it, then I’ll put a stop to you as many times as I have to!
: You’re welcome to try! Ultimate victory’ll belong to Ayul and I!

: Come on, Darling-robo! We’ll show them the power of the love between husband and wife-robo!
: Heeey! Don’t go telling people that we’re married!
: (She’s also a manmade being, but… something about her is different.)

: Youko and so many others call this island their home, and I’m not letting anyone take that away from them! Fly back where you came from, Army of Mankind!
: This woman’s will… it’s nothing like how it was before…!

: (Follow your heart, Alto, and fly as it tells you…!)
: (And we’ll keep singing for you! Our song’ll empower your wings…!)
: Their song, their emotions… I’ll keep them and everything safe from you!
: Emotion and willpower are flowing all around him…! That light is…!

: (A pair of units capable of performing synchro-overdrive via Accelerated Particle Engines… This girl must be…)
: We cannot be beaten! Not until we reach our destination!

: I almost didn’t recognize you, Ensign Spencer.
: Maj. Graham… The ensign you knew is long gone.
: And the new me will not step aside… no matter who I have to fight!
: The paths our lives took may not be the same, but you were once a comrade. So, I won’t disrespect you by giving this any less than my very best…!
: Now come, Jin Spencer!

: You’re always yelling about how you fight for the future, right?! Shouldn’t we be on the same side, then?!
: All roads lead only to one future…
: And where they converge is not where you’ll be.

:siren: SRW UX - You Are Similar to Me

Bam. And they drop some Nyan-Nyan Ramen and a 1/1 Cham Doll (Evasion and Melee +10, Accuracy +5).

If you shot Jin down first:

: Hrgh... drat you, UX!

*Jin flies inland.*

: Get back here!

*Arnie catches up.*

: Kch… Arnie!
: Captain…!

And if you shot Ayul down first:

: G-Grrgh…!
: drat it… Pull back, Ayul!
: Kch…!

*Ayul flies inland.*

: Get back here!

*Arnie catches up.*

: I’m the one you’ve to worry about, Arnie!

*Jin goes after.*

: You’re slipping, Jin!
: What?!
: ?! Captain…!

The rest is the same.

: A-Aaah!
: Ayul…! Why would you do something like that?!

: Th-The Draupa’s controls aren’t responding… Captain!

: A-Ayul…?!
: We’ve confirmation that the enemy craft’s been downed! Pilot status, unknown!
: AYUL!!

: They have moved into the island—…!

: Gah, there’re even more of ‘em!
: Ms. Saya, is there any risk of the downed unit’s antiparticles going out of control?!
: The readings off the Accelerated Particle Engine are stable, so I wouldn’t think so… What are we doing?
: We’re going after! I need to speak to him face-to-face…!
: Understood. Lead the way, Ensign!

: Let them handle the Army of Mankind soldiers within the island!
: OK! And we’ll get rid of whatever’s left out here!

New batch of mooks, but they’re just GN-XIIIs and Jinrais, so they’ll go down rather quickly. Mind you, don’t go TOO crazy because there’s still more to come: what you’ll want to do is drop all but one of the mooks, and then send all your guys back to around the center-ish area of the island.
Once you’re there, you can down the last enemy. It’ll make things simpler for you, trust me.

:siren: SRW UX - Tobikage Appears!

Fast forward a couple of turns, and the last Jinrai goes down, with everyone in position.

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Sep 20, 2018