Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
Anna Tsuchiya - My Fate
:siren: :siren:

: Get a hold of your emotions! Power gained by going Hyper is just your Aura running out of control!
: A negative Aura Power is incapable of changing anything! It can only destroy!
: No! This power is also fruit of the Wings of Rean’s guidance! And it can change things… I’ll start by changing you into scrap!
: Then, the best we can do for you is slay the delusion in your soul!

Shou attacking: “I will not kill another man! What I’ll kill is that delusion!”

: I can hear the tunes of your heart… It’s hurting! It’s in tears!
: And you’ll hurt not just yourself but everyone around you if you never let go of that sorrow and pain!
: I do not need mental advice from an animatronic! And so long as I can be true to my ideals, I shall fear no pain!

: Is power such as this the future you envisioned for yourself, King Sakomizu?!
: A man who is bound by his past, who would harm his own people, is wholly incapable of leading the way to any future whatsoever!
: What the people pray for is not a raging flame, but a guiding light!
: Then muster your justice, your ideals, your courage, and try to stop my march, ye idealists of the Three Kingdoms!

Cao Cao attacking: “Your ideals could never soothe the people, Sakomizu!”

: Our sacrifices brought about this despicable society! It falls on me to tear it all down and restore it to how it should be!
: If you really want to transform society for the better, then you need to let go of your hate!
: Hate and anger bring about only destruction. There’ll be nothing left after you’re finished…!

: Hah, all those times we fought this guy, I never figured he had a trick like this up his sleeve!
: Looks like it was just as much of a surprise for him, too. I don’t know how this power came about… but I hope it’ll make for a good match!
: You bite off more than you can chew! If you seek to enjoy yourselves fighting my Oukaou, then you’d best attack with all that you have – or else death is what you’ll find!

: You’ve felt the will of the Wings of Rean – the light of life – haven’t you?! Then why do you refuse to believe in the possibilities that life has?!
: Life and death are two sides of the same coin. For all the life I felt, I’ve felt just as much despair…! The world is nowhere as kind as you believe!
: Maybe not… but this is the world we live in, so we want to believe it can be so much more!

: King Sakomizu, that power is too much for anyone to control… all it’ll do is narrow your vision!
: That matters not, for my eyes are set on but a single thing! My vision may narrow as much as it wants, that will not make me err on the path I follow!

Burn attacking: “I’ll show you that going Hyper does not make you the mightiest!”

: We fought for what we believed was a righteous war, and it cost us everything… How could anyone not turn to hate after that?!
: But there’s absolutely no point in carrying on with a war purely out of hatred!
: You, of all people, should know that by now!

: You still don’t get it, King Sakomizu?! Stop this insanity already!
: I doubt you would still be calling it “insanity” if you tasted despair and hate strong enough to turn your heart to ash!
: Is that your way of saying “just shut up, and let me do my thing”? Because I’m not taking that!

: If you called yourself King of a whole nation for even a second, then you really should act the part! This is not doing that!
: It’s the grief I feel for my motherland that brought me to this point!
: I do not expect you to understand, but this is as per the guidance of the Wings of Rean!

: Pointless fighting is not the way to heal anyone’s pain and sorrow!
: Come on, Heroman! We’ll stop him together!
: Hmmm!
: Age has not made me senile enough that I’d be won over by a child wielding a weapon of my enemies! I’ll tear those stars and stripes that adorn your body apart!

: You’re so obsessed with your hate that you’d debase yourself so?!
: Why, father?! The King who built Hojo should be strong enough not to be enslaved by self-serving aspirations!
: That may be so for King Sakomizu, but you know nothing of how the man called Shinjiro Sakomizu ought to be!

: His machine’s turned giant… I guess that goes to show how strong the emotions in him really are…
: But the problem is there’s only anger and sadness at their root… It’s complicated, that’s for sure…!
: If you ask me, he’s just desperate to fill the gaping wound inside his heart!
: What he’s trying to do won’t fill it at all, though!
: And you’re going to see that the easy way or the hard way, Shinjiro Sakomizu!
: Well spoken! Let your savage roar ring throughout me…!

: As King, I grieve for the folly that has taken hold of my motherland! It must be restored, and the only way for that to happen is for the slate to be wiped clean, for all the missteps to be erased!
: No one here ever asked you to do any of that garbage! And if you’re a real king, then you oughta be fighting so that everyone can be happy – and not just folks from your country, but those of the whole planet and even beyond!

: Stand down, Amalgan! Any who stands in my way now is but a minnow I’ll slay with a single stroke of my blade!
: I will not yield, Sakomizu! You may burn this old man to ashes, but I’ll be sure to at least free you from the bondage of this hate!

Amalgan attacking: “Have you truly degenerated into a Garow Ran, Sakomizu?!”

: They razed everything to the ground with nary a warning! And when you're faced with something you cannot coexist with, you destroy them before they destroy you!
: What happened was horrible, but we must keep trying to understand one another – as many times as it takes for it to happen! That’s the real battle humanity should be having!
: And as difficult as doing that might be, I know we’ll succeed in time!

: We were shown our tragic history so we could find a way forward that wouldn’t have us repeating those tragedies!
: Don’t you think that’s why the Wings of Rean whisked us away?!
: Come what may, I need to see my cause through! Even if I must bear my blade against my family, I shall not falter!
: Do you think Lux actually wants to be fighting against you?!
: She just wants you to go back to being her father!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=845sZtioZ4w
He drops another Takashimada Origami Doll.

: Gwaaaaargh!
: Enough of this, father! Please!
: Power… GRANT ME POWER!

: Aaaaiieeee!
: Father, why…
: Lux…
: My father is lost…
: His mind is gone… my voice cannot even reach him…
: …
: Lux, there’s no way King Sakomizu has forgotten about you…
: Aesap…
: Ever since I met him, he’s never taken his eyes off you. And that hasn’t changed now.
: Even as you took opposing sides, neither pushed the other away. You always faced each other head-on.
: My father and I…?
: I know… because I was always too afraid to do the same with my dad.
: “He’s not even Japanese; my mother shouldn’t be married to this guy”… I spent so much time fixated on unimportant details, even when I knew that, deep down, I wanted to accept him!
: But I thought if I just convinced myself that I didn’t care about him, then there’d be no way for me to get hurt…
: But you’re different from me. So, don’t stop having faith in King Sakomizu!

: Alright, that’s enough of that!
: Rouri and Kanamoto?!
: Hey, King, check this out! We just gotta fire up this bad boy and these goons’ll be off our hair!
: Ooh, you have a nuclear weapon?!
: A-A nuke?!
: Don’t be stupid, Rouri!

*Aesap tries going after but Kanamoto intercepts.*

: Back off, Aesap! Leave him alone!
: Outta my way, Kanamoto! That’s a nuke, you understand that?!
: Why are you stopping us…?!
: Weren’t you discriminated against yourself?!

: Aargh!
: Aesap!
: (Is the Overworld life’s playground…?)
: Lady Jacoba…?!
: (Erebos, I need you to act as a medium for my power.)
: (Concentrate, Erebos! And pray! Show them the shape of life!)
: Y-Yes…!
: The nuke…!

*Sakomizu blasts after Rouri!*

: Whoa! Wh-What’re you doing?!
: Hand it over… Give me the power of that bomb!
: DON’T DO IT!

: U-Urgh…! A-Aesap, you son of a…!
: B-But… you’re too late! I’ve already… pressed the detonator…!

:siren: SRW UX - My Fate

: ROURI!
: A Tokyo stained by American colonization is better off gone!
: Father!!

*Lux goes after him.*

: Please, you have to listen! Listen to my… listen to all our voices!
: You stopped the atomic bomb meant for Kokura after Hiroshima and Nagasaki, didn’t you?!
: How can you even consider doing something like this…?!
: None of you know anything of war! What would you know about what it means to possess power?!
: We don’t, I’ll admit it!
: But even if the quagmire at the end of that war could make anyone lose sight of their humanity, you can’t let your militaristic ideology deafen you to your own daughter’s cries!

: What’s that flying out of the Nanajin…?!
: Light… no, it’s a bunch of feathers…? There’re so many…!
: Lady Jacoba?!
: (Send the letters of our lives… to King Sakomizu!)

: Th-These… these origami dolls are…!
: The same Takashimada doll that I left in my Ohka…!

*Tzeeeeeeep.*

: I hear it… It’s the voices of all those women who loved the soldiers headed to war…
: Even now, the song of their souls are wandering…
: Yes… all these unforgettable, unfading emotions are gathering here!
: Memories of their lives… of days spend on their beautiful towns…
: These are Sakomizu’s… No, these are the memories of all those souls, passed down among the Japanese people…
: Open your ears, Sakomizu! Listen to the wishes imbued into these dolls – voices directed to you and all your fellow men!
: The wishes imbued into the dolls…

*Tzeeeeeep.*

: …?!
: These dolls were given to soldiers as symbols of the sorrow and gratitude felt by the women who had no choice but to let you go on your kamikaze missions, weren’t they?!
: Aah… Aaaaaaah!
: Father!
: I-I remember…
: “You were as a living saint…”
: Sh-She said…
: She said, with pity in her voice!
: King Sakomizu…!
: The ominous aura around the Oukaou’s vanished…
: (We did it, Tsubaki…)

*Alarm!*

: …! Guys, the nuke is starting to activate…!
: D-drat it! Call all troops back to the Elshank!
: Are you nuts?! If we don’t do something, Tokyo’s gonna turn into a ghost town!
: Kouichi, can you use a compressed warp field to contain the explosion?!
: E-Even if I did that, the radiation would still…!
: Darling, isn’t there anything you can do-robo?!
: Tsk, if I just had Al with me, I could…!
: I’ll handle it!

: Aesap…!
: I’ll take the bomb with me up to the stratosphere!
: Stop! If you do that, the three of you’ll…!
: Lux, Erebos! We’re going back to Wahlerkahrain!
: Back to Lady Jacoba’s side…
: Aesap… I’ll be with you every step of the way, wherever it might lead us…!
: STOP!!

: Aesap, the Wings of Rean are not with the Nanajin.
: ?!

: Aah! The Wings of Rean…!
: Sakomizu, are you…?!
: Father!
: Lux, forgive me…
: F-Father…!
: If the Wings of Rean are that of a Holy Warrior… then protect my wishes!

Using webms here since what happens next is really psychedelic and pictures wouldn’t quite do it justice.

https://gfycat.com/SnivelingFreeHochstettersfrog

https://gfycat.com/JointDifficultBass

https://gfycat.com/PaleRichCricket

”If one should ask you concerning the heart of a true Japanese…

…point to the wild cherry blossom glowing in the sun.”

: Th-The Holy Warrior’s feathers… they’re crumbling away…

*Swooooosh!*

: Hrrm..?! Wh-What is happening?!
: The Aura Road is opening…?!

: Radiation levels over the ocean are all within normal parameters. The won’t be any fallout from the explosion.
: I can’t believe he’d go and sacrifice himself like that…
: I suppose that, in his final moments, he recovered his heart as a Holy Warrior.
: And the Wings of Rean are a manifestation of a Holy Warrior’s power…
: (Sakomizu… Your soul has also ascended to the heavens…)
: Plus, the Aura Road opened, dragging all of the Hojo Army away. I guess that’s that matter taken care of.
: Oh, and speaking of, where are Aesap and the others?
: It appears our Aura Battler squadrons suffered a temporary loss of Aura Power. They were forced to make an emergency landing.
: Is that also due to the Wings of Rean?
: Perhaps. Not only did they block the nuclear explosion, they even caused the Aura Road to open, so it’s likely the Wings of Rean had to draw upon everyone’s Aura Power.

: Nothing’s working. I guess it’ll take a bit before the Nanajin can move again.
: It’ll be fine. So long as you’re alive, it’ll be up and about eventually.
: Right. Aura Power is the energy of life, after all!
: Yeah…
: Look! The sky’s covered with feathers!
: Those are… the colors of my father’s life…
: Lux…

: Aesap…!
: You’re safe!
: Mom… dad?!
: Look at you…
: *sob* Thank goodness, you’re all right…
: Mom…
: But… what are you two even doing here?
: We were saved by this man.
: It’s been a while, hasn’t it?
: Mr. Hughes!
: The President had sent me into the area to investigate the Army of Mankind’s activities.
: Hazard’s group slipped away, but I’m satisfied that I could at least save Col. Alex.
: You saved me in more ways than one. Without your testimony, I would already be in chains and sent to court martial.
: You’re Aesap’s…
: His father, yes. My name’s Alex Suzuki.
: “Suzuki”…?
: Does that mean you’ll be living with my mom, dad…?
: Yeah… And once things have calmed down around here, I’ll be applying for naturalization.
: I don’t want to spend any more time away from Toshiko.
: Dear…!
: I see…
: Thanks. I’ll let you off with just a single punch, after this is over.
: That’ll be fine…
: (Yes… However this might go, I can’t push him away…)

: (I suppose I, Amalgan and the others will also have to return to Byston Well sooner or later.)
: (But until the time arrives… I want to stay with him, this budding Holy Warrior…)

: I see… Then, after routing the Hojo Army, the UX have moved to Tatsumiya?
: Right; it’s apparently so the Fafner pilots can focus on treating their progressing Assimilation.
: Very well. And may I ask why you’ve been sent to work with me?
: I petitioned The Advancers to set this up. I need your strength if I’m to uncover the underlying truth of this world.
: Oh, I’m afraid I am not powerful enough for that.
: All I am is someone trying to observe the beginning of life.
: “Beginning of life”…?
: You’re the top researcher of Aura Power, so I’d expect you at least have a faint idea of what I mean, no?
: I’m aware that there’s a major, unseen, force surrounding this world and the two Byston Wells, yes.
: But the more I discover, the more I find myself haunted by questions. What is the origin of that force? Where is that force headed…?
: I need answers for those questions, and I simply couldn’t contain that curiosity. Thus, our goals align.
: You do understand that once you cross this line, there will be no going back, yes?
: I’m fine with that.
: I’ll see this through, even if it means misplacing myself from the flow of natural order…
: Very well. Then, let me introduce you to my partners. These are Cpt. Jin Spencer and my daughter, Ayul.
: It’s a pleasure to meet you, Prof. Shot.
: We were told that you could enhance our machines?
: Hm. I believe I could increase their generated output by applying the technology used in Aura Converters.
: That said, your Aura Power’ll be essential for that to work…
: You’ll need to imbue your machines with your lives.
: Our lives…
: (It really is the energy of life…)
: (And, if I’m right, what we’ll find beyond this is…)

: Do you hear that…? It’s the sound of the sea, of the wind…
: Isn’t it pretty? This is what everyone… what your daddy left us.
: There’s so much for you to learn, but don’t worry. I’ll tell you everything, bit by bit…
: Yeah, there’s a lot to tell… But nothing we can’t handle together, right…?
: …?!
: Am… Am I hallucinating…?
: I’ve kept my promise, Yumiko…
: Mi-Michio…!
: Michiooooo!

: I’m so happy for you, sis…

: Understood. The Fafner team members will all start undergoing treatment now.
: I suppose this means goodbye for a while…
: We promise we’ll come back as soon as our Assimilation is under control.
: We look forward to seeing you all back at 100%.
: You can count on it…!
: You two did wonderfully, Shouko, Canon.
: We’re home… m-mom…
: Yes, you are. Welcome back.
: Come on, Canon. Our home is waiting for us.
: Right!
: Do take good care of my master, please.
: Don’t worry. With all the data we found, I’m pretty confident he’ll make a full recovery.
: Are you really going to stay with the UX, Sheryl?
: Why, of course. If I ever need a refill of my medicine, I can just make a quick stop here.
: Frankly, I’d rather you stayed with ALVIS until you were fully healed…
: Oh, dear, but wasn’t it you who said you wouldn’t leave me alone?
: Aah?! Did you really say that, Alto?!
: U-Um… No, I...
: Psh... what a shameless man, I tell you.
: Hmhmm. While not quite on the same level as that degenerate, Kurou Daijuuji, he’s a very close second.
: Hey, why do you need to bring me into everything?!

: Then, Tsubaki’s…
: Yes… And she was magnificent. The island and every one of you were in her thoughts all the way through.
: I’ve little doubt that I heard her voice during the battle.
: I know she’s still here… as part our lives.
: Part of our lives, huh…?
: Back there, the Wings of Rean relayed all those thoughts and emotions to us…
: If the Yùxǐ and the Wings of Rean are manifestations of the will of the heavens, then…
: No… I believe that those are also fruit of the will of man.
: Of man…?
: Were that not the case, I don’t think they would unleash that much power in accordance to the wielder’s will.
: That’s true… Looking at it from another angle, it could be said that God, the heavens, are all manifestations of the prayers born from every one of us…
: Our prayers… Yeah, you might have a point.

: (The wishes of the fallen… and we, those who remained, have taken those wishes onto ourselves.)
: (There may yet come a day when we’ll join their souls in singing that wandering song.)
: (But, if anything, I pray that their souls are at peace…)
: (I pray for that with all my heart…)

Act 2 – Vagabond Blues – End

And we’ve got three new tactician bonuses, so here they are:
  • Amalgan: spec debuff immunity
  • Moritsugu: +30% crit rate
  • Scarlet: starting morale +5

Next time we begin Act 3, the final 14 missions of the game! Are you hyped? I sure am! :black101:

:toxx: Hazard Counter: 9 :toxx:

Hazard’s such a jerk, he erased Alex’ evil superior officer just so he could play his part!

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Dec 7, 2018