Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Phantom Goat
Oct 6, 2003

Where my moviez at?
Directed by: Joe Chappelle
Starring: Paul Rudd, Donald Pleasence, Marianne Hagan

Six years ago Michael Myers and his nieces, Jamie disappeared. Since then Haddonfield has banned Halloween and it's residents have started to moved on. A new family, has moved into the old Myers house. Tommy Doyle, a survivor from Michael's murder spree in the origonal Halloween, is convinced that Michael will return... that his "work is unfinished." His theory is confirmed when he finds baby Steven, the last of Michael's bloodline. This time, there's more to worry about... a mysterious man in black has come to town and for some reason has very close ties to Michael.

Ok, so most people hate this movie, but hey, I like it. The plot kinda sucks, but I applaude the film makers for trying to come up with something new and exciting. THe movie seemed kinda doomed from the start. I believe there was a lawsuit over who owned the rights to the Myers character. When that was settled, they went throught a LOT of different scripts. Even after shooting finished, the higher ups didn't like it and order massive reshoots. This lead to even more problems because actor Donald Pleasence had passed shortly after the film had initially wrapped. So film makers were forced to make an almost completely different film with one of it's stars missing.

also the alernate "Producer's Cut" of the film is the origonal cut that apparently wasn't acceptable is available in many bootleg forms. A lot of people consider it to be better than the thearetical release, but reguardless it's interesting to watch and compare.

3/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU