Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Well, okay. iastudent backed out, so if you're still okay with 13.33, Son Ryo, we can do that tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?
Do you mind if we wait another day to see if someone else shows up? I don't mind paying 13 but I'd much rather pay 10.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah sure, I don't mind.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.
You guys understand that PSN sharing only works between two consoles now right?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Kaleidoscope posted:

You guys understand that PSN sharing only works between two consoles now right?

S-Alpha posted:

No, you can have it on up to four PS3s, but you need to go through the remote deactivation thing on Sony's account management site. Have the guy who's doing the payment log in and buy it, have the second 'odd man out' log in and download it, then do the remote deactivation and those two guys never log into that one account again, but so long as they don't, they can play it all they want with no problems. Then the other two guys who want to keep it just log in and download it as usual, and if they want they can log back into the account and redownload it if they delete it or whatever.

I don't mind being locked out, since there are very few games I replay. I won't be ready until late myself, so that's fine with me.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
I guess nobody else is gonna join in. I can pay whenever, just give me a Paypal address.

Do we wanna leave this open for the possibility of grabbing the DLC? I can't do it this month but I should be able to scrounge up enough next month.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah sure, just mail me the money at junasuka05 AT hotmail DOT com. The DLC thing I'd like to do too, but that'll still be there in a month so it's no rush.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

Beef Waifu posted:

Yeah sure, just mail me the money at removed. The DLC thing I'd like to do too, but that'll still be there in a month so it's no rush.

Sent.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.
Would anyone be interested in splitting the Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - Ultimate Evil Edition for PS3? It'd be $20 each.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Kaleidoscope posted:

Would anyone be interested in splitting the Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - Ultimate Evil Edition for PS3? It'd be $20 each.

I'd be up for this. Sent you a PM.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
Anyone want to share Tales of Xillia 2? Comes out... tomorrow? Day after?

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Would it not be pertinent to get this link into the OP in some way

E: If you're too lazy to click, this is a link to a support page on Sony's website that says a single PS3 cannot ever be associated with more than 64 SEN accounts. Once an online SEN account is associated with a local account on your PS3, that counts towards those 64, and no amount of deleting, de-activating, or banning, can undo that.

Instant Grat fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Aug 29, 2014

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Aww crap. I've had a lot of novelty accounts on my PS3. Hopefully not close to 64, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Instant Grat posted:

Would it not be pertinent to get this link into the OP in some way

E: If you're too lazy to click, this is a link to a support page on Sony's website that says a single PS3 cannot ever be associated with more than 64 SEN accounts. Once an online SEN account is associated with a local account on your PS3, that counts towards those 64, and no amount of deleting, de-activating, or banning, can undo that.

I think you can only keep 16-20 accounts active on the PS3 at the same time.

This is an extremely rare case scenario, only if someone made a lot of novelty accounts for usernames in online games, or has gameshared so much that they swap accounts for games.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Anyone up for sharing Destiny?

It's $60 so $30 each.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I just bought a PS3 from a pawn shop and someone left their account on there with a bunch of good games. How can I prevent them from being deactivated remotely? Is it good enough that I just don't log into their account or do I have to never log into the internet entirely?

Skeematic
Jan 18, 2003

Yikes.
If its connected to the internet, it will probably be able to be deactivated remotely.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah, all you have to do is never log into that person's profile ever again. Even if you're connected to the internet, you'll be able to play them as much as you want. It's the same principle as the four-way gameshare.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

S-Alpha posted:

Yeah, all you have to do is never log into that person's profile ever again. Even if you're connected to the internet, you'll be able to play them as much as you want. It's the same principle as the four-way gameshare.

Awesome thanks! This makes things a lot easier.

Skeematic
Jan 18, 2003

Yikes.

S-Alpha posted:

If its connected to the internet the original owner will be able to remote deactivate the game content whether the account is logged in to or not.

http://faq.en.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6805/~/device-deactivation#How

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Yes, that FAQ obviously invalidates the fact that I've done that exploit on over a dozen occasions in order to get a gameshare going with four people, and nobody has lost any access. I congratulate you on your research, and your swift deduction skills, you have summarily defeated me in internet combat goon sir.

Seriously though, that just deactivates the systems assigned to an account, which means somewhere between jack and poo poo until you log into that account and the system actually performs the rights management check. If you never log into that account again and just leave the games on your harddrive, they're yours until you delete them or log back into that account.

Honestly, the deactivation exploit should be in the OP at this point.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
I've had my PS3 ask me to log into the account to ensure the games are still valid

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I know my last post was pretty rude, but honestly, since the inception of this exploit, I haven't seen or heard of one incident of something needing re-authorization aside from the 'known issue' games with some sort of DRM scheme. The only time I've had to log in to access a game besides that are for PS+ games, and that's kind of a given.

Skeematic
Jan 18, 2003

Yikes.

S-Alpha posted:

I know my last post was pretty rude, but honestly, since the inception of this exploit, I haven't seen or heard of one incident of something needing re-authorization aside from the 'known issue' games with some sort of DRM scheme. The only time I've had to log in to access a game besides that are for PS+ games, and that's kind of a given.

I didnt mean to question you to be honest, and I had never heard of the exploit you talk about, so I was just trying to help a goon out of maybe not losing some games that he wants to play. But you've taught me I guess.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

S-Alpha posted:

Yes, that FAQ obviously invalidates the fact that I've done that exploit on over a dozen occasions in order to get a gameshare going with four people, and nobody has lost any access. I congratulate you on your research, and your swift deduction skills, you have summarily defeated me in internet combat goon sir.

Seriously though, that just deactivates the systems assigned to an account, which means somewhere between jack and poo poo until you log into that account and the system actually performs the rights management check. If you never log into that account again and just leave the games on your harddrive, they're yours until you delete them or log back into that account.

Honestly, the deactivation exploit should be in the OP at this point.

You're right though. The FAQ is unclear. But it's when that specific account connects to the internet. Never let it auto sign in, and you'll keep everything. Only thing it means is, you cannot redownload it, so never delete games belonging to it.It also means you can never swap your hard drive or switch to another PS3 since you obviously won't have the log in details.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Skeematic posted:

I didnt mean to question you to be honest, and I had never heard of the exploit you talk about, so I was just trying to help a goon out of maybe not losing some games that he wants to play. But you've taught me I guess.

Don't worry about it, sorry for the rude effortpost, it was out of line for a dumb videogame discount discussion. :respek:

And yeah, Ineffiable is right, those are the only real downsides to it. But if you've got a big enough HDD and don't delete anything like I do, you can be the locked out party on three/four-man shares all you like and not have to worry about space. Unless I get a YLOD down the line I guess.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

S-Alpha posted:

Don't worry about it, sorry for the rude effortpost, it was out of line for a dumb videogame discount discussion. :respek:

And yeah, Ineffiable is right, those are the only real downsides to it. But if you've got a big enough HDD and don't delete anything like I do, you can be the locked out party on three/four-man shares all you like and not have to worry about space. Unless I get a YLOD down the line I guess.

Ok good it would have been really annoying to never use the internet at all.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Does anyone want to share Destiny? I haven't done it before, but I assume it's relatively simple? PM me.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Bardeh posted:

Does anyone want to share Destiny? I haven't done it before, but I assume it's relatively simple? PM me.

Wouldn't gamesharing this and having to deactivate the associated account kind of be dumb for Destiny being it's an online game and will be subject to updates to continue to play online?

Once you have the account deactivated for gamesharing wouldn't that stop you from being able to update hence being a pretty bad idea?

I'm curious about this seeing as the last few posts have been about disabling account access after a download is completed.

Also is anyone interested in doing a share on NHL 14? (no not the $60 one the $30 one 14, not 15)

ModeSix fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Sep 19, 2014

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
You could still just split is between two accounts.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
If I were to share my PS4 account with someone, would they also get access to my PS+ games? And if both accounts have PS+, can I play the multiplayer of a shared game with the other person?

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
It's my understanding that for PS4s, the way it works is every account can have one (and only one) console marked as the "primary" PS4. The primary PS4 works a lot like PS3s do: any other users on the console will get access to whatever downloaded/PS+ games are on the account and it's all good.

Any PS4 you have tied to your account that isn't marked as your primary will only be able to play your games if you're the one currently signed in.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
It does indeed work that way, but I have a warning to anybody planning on sharing with a family member or roommate or something similar. I bought my wife her own PS4 so I could reclaim my own, and having already purchased the Destiny Digital Guardian Edition, did this share to her new console. The catch is that she can't play it (or any of my other games, but this is the one we got it for) on my console. I can play on either system, but since she doesn't own the content, she is limited to playing on her own console.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You also only get automatic updates on your primary console, which means if you do a primary swap to share with someone you need to download patches manually each time.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Is it kosher to talk about straight trading in this thread? like, I have x game on my account, anyone want that in exchange for y or z?

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Anyone wanna split Samurai Warriors 4? I think it's fifty bucks. I can buy. Please respond in this thread and also PM me if possible.

EDIT: Still interested as of 4/7

Orb Crabmelt fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Apr 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EMZ998
Dec 11, 2007
x+x+
Anyone up for a split on Child of Light for the PS3? I can set it up or you can and I can send payment. Feel free to send a PM

• Locked thread