Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
The proper response if you are in favor of equality isn't to close yourself off and just ignore everything. No, telling people to go gently caress themselves isn't productive. But there are way too many "just asking questions" trolls to respond to and way too many resources out there for people that are serious about the issue to look into themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

PSXer posted:

"He changed out the potentiometer, which is essentially the pot inside"

Thanks for the explanation Mike. I'm sure the people who don't know what a potentiometer is do at least know what a pot is. Especially considering that "pot" is short for "potentiometer"
:goonsay:

Yeah that was funny, but now I'm curious on how easy that mod is to do yourself. Cleaning the pots in a 2600 paddle only does so much to help, and even my best paddle isn't as smooth as Mike's appeared to be.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Gammatron 64 posted:

You know, I'm not going to tell you to go gently caress yourself and die. It's a popular strategy, but it's one that doesn't seem to be working. I just want you to look inside and think about this for a while.

This, but for insulting Space Invaders and Combat.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

blackguy32 posted:

The proper response if you are in favor of equality isn't to close yourself off and just ignore everything. No, telling people to go gently caress themselves isn't productive. But there are way too many "just asking questions" trolls to respond to and way too many resources out there for people that are serious about the issue to look into themselves.

Yeah, I just think people's priorities are hosed up. My point is that people seem more concerned with loving movies and video games than real issues on the real planet earth. Like, I dunno, how it seems like a cop shoots an unarmed black guy every week now? Sometimes I wonder if one of my friends will end up dead because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong skin color.

Of course... that's also a problem I'm also completely powerless to do anything about. Quite frankly, I don't believe my opinions are worth all that much, nor is much of anyone else's unless they have enough money to bribe politicians. poo poo like institutionalized racism and rampart gun violence are difficult problems to fix with no easy solutions. I guess that's why people like to scream at each other on the Internet and obsess over representation in worthless nerd entertainment that is a consumer product out to get your money. It provides catharsis and might put a band-aid on our ugliest problems, but it doesn't actually do anything to help in any meaningful way.

elf help book posted:

This, but for insulting Space Invaders and Combat.

Also this

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

twistedmentat posted:

I love the :tinfoil: arguments about how Ghostbusters only got decent reviews because people were afraid of Femnazi's coming to their houses and taking away their copies of the original. People can't accept that the movie turned out not to be a complete shitshow with some very positive things about it, even though the consensus says that the 3rd act falls apart.

Actually, it's bad. Check the latest RLM review.

lick it or ticket
Apr 12, 2013

When you want to laugh cry as hard as you can, when you want to cry laugh all you can. When you see rain, just think of it as the world laughing with you, and laugh until you can't anymore.

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Actually, it's bad. Check the latest RLM review.

I like those guys, but people are allowed to have different opinions than them.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
it's thouroughly average. Check James friend Black Nerd review.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I remember the Rlm guys didn't like Alien:Isolation.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

WeeabooJudas posted:

I like those guys, but people are allowed to have different opinions than them.

On one hand, we have RLM. On the other hand, we have reviewers that spent half the review talking about man babies and wrote articles calling AVGN a sexist.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/05/18/the-soft-sexism-of-hating-on-the-new-ghostbusters
This guy is a RT reviewer.

some bust on that guy fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jul 22, 2016

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I mean, James reasons for not wanting to see the movie are dumb, I just have to assume he's not sexist. He might be an idiot. He might have a poop fetish. He might be able to tolerate the very worst youtubers. But I doubt he's a sexist.

V "gently caress those guys that I don't even watch because of other nerds," whined the huge nerd.

BobbyK fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jul 22, 2016

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
76% on RT and 60% on Metacritic seem to show consensus that it's not terrible, but not good. And gently caress RLM, I never thought they were any good or even insightful, but then I admittedly I never watched beyond the first 20 minutes of their pedantic, nitpicky TPM review that was talked to me at by every annoying nerd that I dealt with in my job at the time.

Don't attribute people liking the movie to fear from backlash as don't attribute people not liking it to sexism.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's cool that this has become the thread for discussing how much you hate what the SJWs are doing to feminism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Or how much ghostbusting the racist tweets have electioned and furthermore free peach.

• Locked thread