Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
Hey, how about that DTEK fifteeeeee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I would be totally happy with a DTEK50 if the price was less. When you can get a Moto G Play for about half the cost, it's really hard to justify.

gently caress, I'd buy a BB flip phone if it was budget priced. At least I'd know I was getting good reception, good voice quality, and long battery life. A device in the <$300 CAD range would probably sell swimmingly despite the competition, but based on the rumoured DTEK60 specs, we'll probably never see one for that price. At least the DTEK50 will likely get cheaper in six months.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I'm getting a vtek whatever it's called from Rogers to demo at work next week. I'll report back to this thread with my findings.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
After a few months with an iPhone 6S I went back to the priv. I got over the magnet car mount incompatibility (it shuts off the screen because it thinks I put a magnet wallet cover on the phone) and got some nice clip style car mounts instead. It really is a great phone. I don't see them updating the priv anytime soon but I'll stick with it until it becomes unbearable to do so.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

The DTEK 50 might actually be the worst phone I've ever used.

there is nothing redeemable about this pile of hot trash.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

A co-worker of mine recently got a Priv, she loves it and is a bit sad it's being discontinued. She did mention something about a lack of spell check when using Hub, I don't think I quite got that right but anyone know anything about that?

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

CLAM DOWN posted:

The DTEK 50 might actually be the worst phone I've ever used.
What didn't you like? Two people I know that have it, actually like it. Is it worse than the passport?

edit: haha I was curious and searched your post history for the word "worst" (userid:110481 worst), and you need to CLAM DOWN! :lol:

CLAM DOWN posted:

That's a little weird and creepy that you're digging through my post history like that.
Not really. I was just trying to figure out if you were one of those people whom claim everything is "the worst". You're not, but sorry if me looking makes you uncomfortable.

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Sep 23, 2016

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

That's a little weird and creepy that you're digging through my post history like that. Maybe don't do that to people.

The phone is slow, has a bad display, physically ugly, very weak/bad vibration motor, bad speaker, poor battery life, no fingerprint scanner, poor camera. The only way someone could possibly like it, is if they haven't tried any other current gen smartphone. If someone wants a cheap Android device, try a Moto E? Or a OnePlus? Or a Nexus 5X? Or those new Blu ones actually, those are supposed to be good. There are no security benefits on the DTEK you cannot get elsewhere on other platforms, it's all marketing (good job BBRY).

The only thing I like, and I mean the only thing, is the side convenience button. It's useful and I would use it on other phones.

I would say it's far worse than the passport, provided you can tolerate the passport's weird-rear end design. I personally couldn't use it, the keyboard was awkward and the physical size was just plain bad.

Evis
Feb 28, 2007
Flying Spaghetti Monster

If you want a "secure" android phone I'd say the best option is a Nexus/Pixel. Anyone else is going to be slower to send out updates, though I guess as long as vendors are doing security patches monthly that's less of an issue. (I know Motorola already dropped out of that program)

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

BlackBerry to exit hardware business, posting $372M loss in quarter

"Outsourcing" their manufacturing

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

When do they loving kill BES so I can move us to Airwatch?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Finally, this is like 5? years too late.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Have any priv owners noticed a faster battery drain as the device gets older?

I've had no significant changes in my usage, and now I have to plug in when I get home from work.

3 months ago, I'd still be at 20-30% when I go to bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

No more handsets, just an app :unsmith:

• Locked thread