Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

cebrail posted:

At some point all Billy Corgan records that are on Warner disappeared from Spotify, that's Zeitgeist and the Zwan album and one of his solo albums. I don't know why though. Maybe Billy punched a Warner Brothers guy in the face.

Win Butler got punched in the face while dj'ing a spotify party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Shark Sandwich posted:

Win Butler got punched in the face while dj'ing a spotify party

Spotify is good now.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

The entire Drag City catalog is now on Spotify, for those that care.

This includes more/all(?) Ty Segall albums, Wand, Six Organs of Admittance, Purling Hiss, OM...

http://m.lbl.fm/drag-city#results

me your dad fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Apr 2, 2018

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

For Spotify Family, you can just all enter the same address even if you aren't actually all living at that address right?

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

appropriatemetaphor posted:

For Spotify Family, you can just all enter the same address even if you aren't actually all living at that address right?

I mean what's going to stop you

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

whomupclicklike posted:

I mean what's going to stop you

The Spotify Boys kicking down my door demanding to see my "family".

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

It might depend on your region, but it seems they've got another 3-for-1 deal. Applies to people who haven't had a Premium account since 15 April 2018: https://www.spotify.com/comeback/

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

ManSedan posted:

Does anybody use Spotify for podcasts? Are there any advantages to using it over any other app?
Not really? It's very basic and it doesn't have a lot of podcasts that aren't from big networks. I mainly use it 'cause I like to keep my app use to the minimum and I like that it's just streaming and it doesn't download the episode.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I just signed up for premium for the first time. I plan on using it for offline listening while I'm driving. Is there any way I can send albums to my phone to download while I'm using Spotify on my PC? It'd be easier to quickly queue up a bunch of albums at the computer rather than searching for each one manually on my phone.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Lester Shy posted:

I just signed up for premium for the first time. I plan on using it for offline listening while I'm driving. Is there any way I can send albums to my phone to download while I'm using Spotify on my PC? It'd be easier to quickly queue up a bunch of albums at the computer rather than searching for each one manually on my phone.

A way to do this would be to make a playlist where all the albums you want are saved at, then tell your phone to download the playlist. If you choose to have a playlist downloaded on one of your devices, it will download new additions automagically.

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

I go to Spotify for podcasts on my phone when the built in podcast app won’t load what I want to listen to properly. This seems to happen a lot with Freakonomics and Outside Online. Otherwise it’s too easy to accidentally click out of the podcast you were listening to, and it doesn’t know which ones I have / have not listened to in the other app so I’m not going to switch altogether.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

IMO RadioPublic is the best podcast app right now because it'll let you add outside casts easily enough and has good speed controls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
Can I bug people to please upvote this feature request?

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Search-Play-song-radio-after-playing-search-result/idi-p/3299891

I frequently search for a specific song when I'm driving somewhere because I spontaneously want to hear it and then Spotify goes into auto-play other search results which is the dumbest logic I've seen from an otherwise very polished app. Expected behavior should be it starts a station from that song if you don't change off of it so you hear other songs that are from the same genre rather than other songs with whatever search term in the title.

• Locked thread