Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It always weirds me out when manga like that have a male protagonist with no eyes. It's like they're making it as explicitly clear as possible that he's an empty void of a person, which in turn makes any relationship he's in feel kind of strange. I get that it's supposed to be a self-insert thing, but I'd much rather both characters have distinct personalities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
The best part of that manga is when the guy randomly does have eyes every once in a while just for emphasis.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

CommieGIR posted:

So, 'Ri-Chan' just wrapped up, its a cute little single page/chapter along the line of 'rescuing my childhood friend' or 'When I Returned Home, My Childhood Friend Was Broken' sort of romcom/romance

https://mangadex.org/title/0f19ed5a-e496-4416-8d4d-86d338655156/ri-chan

another great recommendation, thank you

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Binged Hope you're Happy Lemon. Protagonist meets his ex girlfriend who dumped him in middle school years later in college. They end up Freaky Fridaying every other day. It's dumb and basically a misunderstanding factory, but the art is nice, it's quite funny, and it's a rare college aged romance.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The Girl I Like Forgot Her Glasses Only Has One More Chapter After This And Honestly That Sucks For Me Because I Love This Series

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Beat me to it!

Also: Father-In-Law conscience, where are you?!

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

CommieGIR posted:

Beat me to it!

Also: Father-In-Law conscience, where are you?!

Redundant now, after the what's basically a proposal.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Whatcha mean redundant, imaginary dad's gotta approve or disapprove right?!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Kvantum posted:

Redundant now, after the what's basically a proposal.

I mean he basically already proposed like 5 chapters ago during their Christmas study session when she asked about his future goals from elementary school, and he straight says he wants to marry her, so to that end he wants to have a good job for their future

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Mar 22, 2024

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

Thank you, folks who mentioned Ikoku Nikki... this is really good. Just wrapped up chapter 7 and am really enjoying this (though feeling bad for Asa at the moment).

edit: I've been just tearing through this... so good. Can anyone recommend some other stuff of this style/quality of character writing?

(Skip and Loafer is the other thing I've been reading recently that I feel is on a similar level of very authentic feeling characters)

Quinton fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Mar 23, 2024

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

You might enjoy Butter!! https://mangadex.org/title/20051751-9096-4302-bd7e-76e1de8367fb/butter. It’s Ikoku Nikki’s author’s previous work that’s very similar to Skip and Loafer

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
New chapter of "Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro!": https://mangadex.org/chapter/ebfc8c97-9fcb-4168-a456-a91fb30ac651

New chapter of "Hokkaido Gals are Super Adorable" as well!: https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1020360

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Mar 26, 2024

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Quinton posted:

Thank you, folks who mentioned Ikoku Nikki... this is really good. Just wrapped up chapter 7 and am really enjoying this (though feeling bad for Asa at the moment).

edit: I've been just tearing through this... so good. Can anyone recommend some other stuff of this style/quality of character writing?

(Skip and Loafer is the other thing I've been reading recently that I feel is on a similar level of very authentic feeling characters)

Ikoku Nikki and Skip and Loafer are hard to match for very grounded character writing, but maybe check out March Comes in like a Lion if you haven't yet? I also get some of those vibes from the characters in NANA, but that's a doubly depressing series; it's a super tragic drama, and also it abruptly went on hiatus in 2009 (author had a serious illness) and will almost certainly never have an ending.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

dejavu lmao

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
More 'Dangers in my Heart': https://mangadex.org/chapter/8a5a674d-20a1-4413-8009-1317c9ffd89f

Also - reminder final episode for season 2 of Dangers is this weekend! Its confessing time

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
The Dangers in my Heart Season 2 has wrapped!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

polar opposites continues to be excellent imo

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

I love that Taira's massive existential crisis is infectious.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

kidcoelacanth posted:

polar opposites continues to be excellent imo

“At least deny it :[“

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Now that a few of the thread’s favorites are wrapping up, i’d appreciate if any interesting, new series get posted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Nagatoro Update: https://mangadex.org/chapter/a70b431b-3b67-4047-aba3-94d76ae803b6

Kiss achieved