Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Peter coming back isn't in and of itself a bad thing, if it had been done well and as part of some big storyline it could have been really cool. Him coming back for like 2 issues then fading off into the sunset only to die like 2 weeks later in the incursion is what really undercuts it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Opopanax posted:

Peter coming back isn't in and of itself a bad thing, if it had been done well and as part of some big storyline it could have been really cool. Him coming back for like 2 issues then fading off into the sunset only to die like 2 weeks later in the incursion is what really undercuts it

I think when Bendis began this arc the destruction of the UU wasn't set in stone so he probably had other plans for Peter's return.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Miles has been spinning his wheels before Peter came back, pretty much since the time skip honestly. The switch re-ignited Bendis's spark for a bit but it has faded.

I'm not brokenhearted about him showing up in the nu616 or whatever because Bendis seems to have lost his give a poo poo across the board and maybe somebody can pick up the character.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I don't think it really gutted his reason to exist.

He is a super hero, that is all he needs to exist, the fact Bendis doesn't really have anything for him to do doesn't change because Peter is dead.

Plus since he is going to the 616 is doesn't matter anyway.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

There's a world of difference between being one of many superheroes and being the heir to the legacy of (a version of) the most iconic marvel hero of all time.

Miles is no longer "the new Spider-man", he's "a guy with spider-powers", and we got plenty of those running around.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
When two issues of Silk (who should be total poo poo considering her portrayal to date in ASM) are better than the last 12 of USM it's time to give it up.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Oh, no argument that the book has gotten stale and bad. Peter coming back is just an extra shot to the kneecap.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Lurdiak posted:

There's a world of difference between being one of many superheroes and being the heir to the legacy of (a version of) the most iconic marvel hero of all time.

Miles is no longer "the new Spider-man", he's "a guy with spider-powers", and we got plenty of those running around.

I don't see a difference. Hell its more annoying, maybe they won't constantly bring it up and actually give the dude a character.

I mean they won't but meh.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Rhyno posted:

Having already read the All New Avengers FCBD issue I am kind of dreading how they will integrate Miles.

drat your advanced comics knowledge! :argh:

Rhyno posted:

When two issues of Silk (who should be total poo poo considering her portrayal to date in ASM) are better than the last 12 of USM it's time to give it up.

Silk is genuine proof of the theory that there are no bad characters, only bad writers.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Rhyno posted:

Having already read the All New Avengers FCBD issue I am kind of dreading how they will integrate Miles.

You mean, like, setting-wise or how he's being written? Because right now Mark Waid is my sole hope on Miles getting some good stories in :smith: He's the perfect choice to make Miles truly matter again.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mark Waid writing Miles has to be good.

It just has to be.

Miles needs to continue being Spider-Man for decades.

I need this :smith:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Marvel's going pretty full steam ahead with diversity these days so I imagine Miles will be around for the foreseeable future

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

sooooo when does Ultimate End launch? Or did it already and I need to hit my local store

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010

Aces High posted:

sooooo when does Ultimate End launch? Or did it already and I need to hit my local store

issue one came out last week.

• Locked thread