Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

https://twitter.com/AlienPrivileged/status/1541920796997627904
Joe (kinda sorta) endorses Ron DeSantis for president, saying DeSantis did a great job on Covid and "freedom."

Other dumb poo poo Joe has said recently:

Made fun of people for being worried about SCOTUS overturning Roe v Wade when the original leak happened.
Stimulus checks created inflation.
UBI will make people lazy. Poverty is a good motivator.
Paternity leave is stupid.
Thought Australia outlawed people from growing their own food and got mad at Jamie when he couldn't pull it up (because it was fake).
Praised the Florida Don't Say Gay bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Not just praised, but continuously misrepresents the bill's written language, intent, and actual effect.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
He’s not right-wing though, guys

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Zugzwang posted:

He’s not right-wing though, guys

In a way I'm kind of glad for the increasingly mask-off conservative rhetoric from self-proclaimed 'centrists' and 'liberals'. It's a shot in the dark but I think it's helping people wake up to the idea that liberalism isn't really a leftist ideology... in Canada our answer to 'Democrats and Republicans' are 'Liberals and Conservatives', and when I grew up the narrative was that they did accurately represent the left and the right. IDK if Civics classes in high school have updated that but you don't need to look far, from neanderthals like Joe who call themselves liberal to see something fishy is happening. My former best friend used to call himself a liberal and trot out his disdain for Ayn Rand any time someone would call out some reprehensible conservative thing that he said. He's into Jesse Lee Peterson and Ben Shapiro and Jordan Peterson poo poo now, and he joined the army. So yeah, I guess he's a liberal.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Mister Speaker posted:

In a way I'm kind of glad for the increasingly mask-off conservative rhetoric from self-proclaimed 'centrists' and 'liberals'. It's a shot in the dark but I think it's helping people wake up to the idea that liberalism isn't really a leftist ideology... in Canada our answer to 'Democrats and Republicans' are 'Liberals and Conservatives', and when I grew up the narrative was that they did accurately represent the left and the right. IDK if Civics classes in high school have updated that but you don't need to look far, from neanderthals like Joe who call themselves liberal to see something fishy is happening. My former best friend used to call himself a liberal and trot out his disdain for Ayn Rand any time someone would call out some reprehensible conservative thing that he said. He's into Jesse Lee Peterson and Ben Shapiro and Jordan Peterson poo poo now, and he joined the army. So yeah, I guess he's a liberal.
I broadly agree, though I worry that whenever someone who claims to be a "liberal" or "centrist" or "disaffected Democrat" like Rogan/Bret & Eric Weinstein/etc. turns out to be a right-winger, a lot of their fans still go along with them because of the weird trusting parasocial relationships that podcasters have with their audiences.

Speaking of those folks though, it is endlessly hilarious to me how many of Sam Harris's friends have turned out to be complete lunatics. He has the worst judgment of all time when it comes to picking friends.

Zugzwang fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jul 3, 2022

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Zugzwang posted:

Speaking of those folks though, it is endlessly hilarious to me how many of Sam Harris's friends have turned out to be complete lunatics. He has the worst judgment of all time when it comes to picking friends.

I don't know if he still does but he used to defend Douglas Murray whose "press" tour for his most recent book is him going on Stormfront screeds.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Groovelord Neato posted:

I don't know if he still does but he used to defend Douglas Murray whose "press" tour for his most recent book is him going on Stormfront screeds.
I initially misread your post as being about Charles Murray, but I don’t think it makes much difference wrt Sam aside from (as far as I know) Charles not having a new book out.

Zugzwang fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jul 3, 2022

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Wait what did he have to say about this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

Joe chugged beers with Shane gillis for 6 hours puked then went on kill Tony