Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Kind of funny that Jon Hamm didn't get the movie he and Jessica Alba were both in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Another comic I recently heard complaining that podcast exposure has not helped was Graham Elwood talking about all his appearances on Doug Loves Movies whilst on Bert Kreischer's podcast. I think over-exposure was a big problem in that department.

The Ape of Naples posted:

I dunno I think Graham being annoying on DLM is his biggest downfall not overexposure.
I mean I'd go see Geoff Tate and he's been on a lot too. Heck, I'd go see Doug and he's been on way more than Graham. Doesn't Graham have or had a Podcast himself? (E:yeah since about 2010). I think Graham is just looking for a scapegoat.

Moving this over from the CBB thread.

I was phone posting, so couldn't be bothered to get into it, but I didn't find Graham so annoying. Or at least as annoying as others do. The whistling and repeated bits were annoying, sure. Graham brought this up as kind of being the dynamic that he and Doug went for, and playing up the rivalry with Samm Levine, etc. It was interesting how he was saying that he would get genuinely pissed off at Doug, and didn't like Doug mocking him for wanting to plug his stuff, etc. I guess there had been some real friction. They also talk about the 100 cheeseburgers event as well.

Anyway, the episode is here: http://bertcast.com/?p=529

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've pretty much given up on DLM but today's ep with Jimmy Pardo, Wayne Federman, and Henry Philips is a fun one.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
I think part of the problem is that he doesn't have a weekly show in LA anymore. All of the episodes now that come out that are good are in LA. The guests that Doug can get on the road has always not been great, but now those are all the episodes that come out. Obviously that's not the whole problem, but I think that's a big part of the decline.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Lol Doug plays Bane in the new Batman Lego movie.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Which is terrible because it shows that there is merit to driving a joke into the ground.

Edit: I didn't realize it was him until the credits tho.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Feb 12, 2017

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
LMAO at Graham Elwood not getting it.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Lol, cool. Also the latest Doug With High has Andy Kindler and Proops. Those should be good guests.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I'm 15 minutes into the latest DLM and it's become very clear why Doug starts the episode with a disclaimer. Remember the director who got kicked off for being too drunk? He's back and he brought a drunk Anne Heche.

edit: 20 minutes in, it gets really hosed.

WerthersWay fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Feb 23, 2017

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I'm 15 minutes into the latest DLM and it's become very clear why Doug starts the episode with a disclaimer. Remember the director who got kicked off for being too drunk? He's back and he brought a drunk Anne Heche.

edit: 20 minutes in, it gets really hosed.

I mean...this sounds awesome, but based on your comments I assume it's just annoying?

edit: Holy poo poo.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Feb 23, 2017

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

That being said, Sandra Oh is great, and held the show together after the insanity.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's weird this ep isn't in my iTunes Feed. I wonder if he pulled it.

VVV Yeah, it's not showing up for me. I'll check it out on the DLM site. It doesn't sound like an ep that I'd want to keep anyway.

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Feb 23, 2017

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

The Ape of Naples posted:

It's weird this ep isn't in my iTunes Feed. I wonder if he pulled it.

It's labeled as "Sandra Oh, Nick and Donny guest". You'll see why.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
This is amazing. I'm a fan of Doug Benson when he's righteously angry, and holy poo poo.

"applaud if you hate these people" :lol:

If you're on the fence, this isn't Doug overreacting. Onur Tukel and Anne Heche are loving awful.

i am the bird fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Feb 23, 2017

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Onur seemed almost like he was just playing up being an rear end in a top hat once Anne got going. But Anne Heche was so.... nasty? Horrid? What the hell was her deal? If she acts like this on a 50 minute live comedy show, just imagine her on set.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Onur seemed almost like he was just playing up being an rear end in a top hat once Anne got going. But Anne Heche was so.... nasty? Horrid? What the hell was her deal? If she acts like this on a 50 minute live comedy show, just imagine her on set.

She crazy.

CygnusTM
Oct 11, 2002

I bailed on DLM weeks ago, but I knew I could count on this thread to let me know when to dip my feet back in. Looking forward to the trainwreck.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

I'm not kidding when I say I gained a lot of respect for Sandra Oh. She stayed quiet when poo poo went crazy, and then stuck it out for the rest to promote the god drat movie they all went there for in the first place, was game for whatever happened, and seemed to have a good time (even if she was trying very hard to not join Doug in bashing the other two).

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Out of all the podcasts I listen to, this is the one I think is most likely to end first. Doug seems so over it and has been phoning it in for years, punctuated by angry freakouts, justified or otherwise. Can't wait to hear this trainwreck.

Edit: Holy poo poo Heche is IMMEDIATELY unpleasant

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Mar 1, 2017

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Edit: Holy poo poo Heche is IMMEDIATELY unpleasant

I'm quite a bit behind on my podcasts and just listened to this trainwreck and Jesus Christ. She comes off as a condescending bitch just dripping with disdain at having to promote her movie. And the more Doug got mad at her the shittier Onur got, I'm assuming he felt like he had to protect his actress. That escalated quickly.

Sandra Oh though was really nice and I gained a ton of respect for her.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Heche and Oner are claiming it was staged and Doug was supposed to kick off Sandra as well. When I was listening to it, I was kind of leaning that way because Anne is immediately nasty without cause. But I don't know. Doug, as far as I know, has never gone in for the scripted bit poo poo. I think it's more likely they're just trying to save face after being such awful dicks.

Thoughts?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I'm pretty sure Heche was lovely right off the bat because she is mentally ill.

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.
If it was staged, it really sounded like they didn't bother to tell Doug about it beforehand

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Dear Prudence posted:

Heche and Oner are claiming it was staged and Doug was supposed to kick off Sandra as well. When I was listening to it, I was kind of leaning that way because Anne is immediately nasty without cause. But I don't know. Doug, as far as I know, has never gone in for the scripted bit poo poo. I think it's more likely they're just trying to save face after being such awful dicks.

Thoughts?

Yeah that totally checks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Holy poo poo that was glorious. If it was staged, Doug is a much better actor than I would have thought. And it's funny because I remember hearing the last Onur episode and thinking he really wasn't that out of line. This time, wow.

I could easily believe Onur was doing it as a stunt, he was way over the top. But Doug did not seem to be in on it.

• Locked thread