Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I rolled a game last weekend where every single frame was 9 - open.

This is Hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Is there a term for the pins you get when you have a strike or spare pending?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Poque posted:

Is there a term for the pins you get when you have a strike or spare pending?

"Count" ? I dunno. Usually that's what people say. "Get a good count" so you don't waste your free pins when you have a spare pending.

I never really think about bowling terms this much, haha.

buffto
Feb 11, 2005
ass assassin
I just refer to it as filling the frame. Maybe bonus pins would also be acceptable.

Anyway, which story. I was supposed to go to Syracuse for nationals a couple of weeks ago. The day I was supposed to leave I cut my Achilles tendon in a workplace accident and couldn't go. Now I have to wear this boot for another three weeks. Good times.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Syracuse is a poo poo hole imo. You didn't miss much (and I bowled well!). Sorry if that offends anyone there, we just had horrible weather and overall it just seemed like a very run down old industrial city. Meh. I'm sure there are nice parts I missed somewhere!

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Syracuse is a poo poo hole imo. You didn't miss much (and I bowled well!). Sorry if that offends anyone there, we just had horrible weather and overall it just seemed like a very run down old industrial city. Meh. I'm sure there are nice parts I missed somewhere!

I'm bowling in Syracuse this Saturday and Sunday and making a family vacation out of it. The entire trip is planned around spending as little time as possible in Syracuse. Two nights in Cleveland, only Saturday night in Syracuse because we bowl 7 AM on Sunday, and then two nights outside Cooperstown. I have heard nothing good about Syracuse.

buffto
Feb 11, 2005
ass assassin
Yeah, I'm from Missouri, so I was planning on taking a few extra days to see Niagara/Cooperstown/etc.

Edit: plus I was planning on making some god drat money.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I spent most of the free time that I did have at our hotel which had a free happy hour with food for two hours from 5-7. Serving us Canadian beers and whiskey. I think I was only there for 1 day that wasn't a day occupied with bowling. The place sucks.

I wish Nationals would be: Vegas, Cool City, Vegas, Cool City, Vegas. Instead it's Vegas/Reno mixed in with poo poo holes. Although I did have an amazing time in El Paso because we rented out an enormous old condominium complex that had its own pool and basketball courts and stuff. Also drove out into the desert onto a cattle ranch for dinner one night.

These are my current ranks out there right now. I had 29/30 clean in singles...and the open came in the form of a crushed pocket 7-10 in the 8th frame of the 3rd game. A $350 pocket 7-10 :(

Also the horrible middle games in each set was still enough to help me profit around a grand in brackets. Hooray!

Thom P. Tiers fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jun 19, 2018

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

That's an awesome all events score. I'll be jazzed if I get with 150 of that this weekend. Also hoping to luckbox my way into a 30 clean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Well I managed to bowl one terrible game each series this weekend so that I could ruin each series.

Bowled a 133 the second game of team and barely broke 500
Bowled a 132 the second game of doubles and barely broke 500
Bowled a 120 the last game of singles and barely broke 500

At least I’m consistently terrible. My single pin shooting was atrocious all weekend which is the part that pisses me off the most. That poo poo’s all in my head; conditions have barely anything to do with it. All in all, a normal 9 game set for me at the Open!,

• Locked thread