Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HONKER24
Dec 15, 2000

cubicle_whore
Hair Elf
I can help out but my availability will be spotty for the next 10 days.

PSN: HONKER24

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechanigma
Apr 17, 2007

ur already ded

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

This might be a long shot, but I've only got one trophy left in Borderlands to plat it, the one that requires an Arena duel. Is there anybody with a copy of borderlands that wouldn't mind helping me out? I'd be more than happy to return the favor, and if anyone needs the viral achievement from BL I can pass it along.

I believe you can do that in splitscreen mode if you have a second controller handy.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Mechanigma posted:

I believe you can do that in splitscreen mode if you have a second controller handy.

Sadly I don't, I had a second third-party controller but it crapped out and the PS3 stopped recognizing it. I'll probably pick one up in the near future, so it's good to know I can still get that even after the BL servers inevitably go down again.

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

This might be a long shot, but I've only got one trophy left in Borderlands to plat it, the one that requires an Arena duel. Is there anybody with a copy of borderlands that wouldn't mind helping me out? I'd be more than happy to return the favor, and if anyone needs the viral achievement from BL I can pass it along.

Add me (PSN: TheBlindNinja) and I'll help you. I think I have one trophy left, but its not that or the viral one I don't think.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Dear diary, today I got two of the easiest platinums but now I feel smug as gently caress.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

limaCAT posted:

Dear diary, today I got two of the easiest platinums but now I feel smug as gently caress.

Sam Bishop has the Hannah Montana plat. Can you beat that?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

limaCAT posted:

The only two plats I have are The Walking Dead and Infamous Second Son. :smug:

Being at level 9 already when I didn't have a Playstation console before November makes me feel pretty special, too.

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master

Reverse Centaur posted:

The only two plats I have are The Walking Dead and Infamous Second Son. :smug:

Being at level 9 already when I didn't have a Playstation console before November makes me feel pretty special, too.
Your level progress will slow down dramatically soon. It takes about 5 or 6 platinums per level for me (currently level 31).

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

...! posted:

Quoting from the Amazon :italy: page.

quote:

Aminet CD 12 - 6/96

Aminet is the worlds largest collection of freely distributable Amigasoftware. Up to 10,000 users access the vast archives daily, and countlessprogrammers publish initially via Aminet . Only three years after itsinception, Aminet now holds the equivalent of more than 7,500 floppydisks of software.

Aminet CD 12 - June 1996, contains more than 1 gigabyte (uncompressed) ofsoftware in thousands of archives. Since the release of Aminet CD 10 morethan 700 MB new software has appeared. The current edition has a specialfocus on fonts. More than 1,000 fascinating pictures were included.

Although you own this disc, you do not own all of the programs containedon it. Many of the included programs are shareware, and you are encouragedto pay and register for their use.

As a bonus over 1000 MODs are included, most of them with more than 4voices.

Contents
Size
Files Contents (subject tochange)
biz 30 MB 56 Business software
comm 53 MB 229 Communications
demo 111 MB 92 Graphics & sound demo
dev 35 MB 110 Development software
disk 4 MB 35 Disk & HD tools
docs 38 MB 79 Documents
game 87 MB 168 Games
gfx 41 MB 77 Graphics software
hard 4 MB 20 Hardware related
misc 11 MB 50 Miscellaneous
mus 77 MB 378 Music software
pix 128 MB 220 Pictures
text 11 MB 48 Text software
util 28 MB 270 Utilities

Oh hey, that's interesting, however it's higly improbable the 1996 software will still run on my CDTV, it's probably all or most of it Ecs 2.0+ if not even Aga.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Has anyone gotten the Trine 2 Complete Story Platinum on PS4?

I know it is one of the more grindy bullshitty plats, since it requires like 1100+ collectibles and beating each level on hard mode, with hardcore rules. I'm down to completing 3 levels for full xp, something like 57 total, and completing 8-20 for hardcore, as of right now.

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

...! posted:

Can't nobody beat that. There are times when I'm glad I don't have to review horrible games for a living anymore, but I definitely miss gushing about games I do really enjoy. Shadow of Mordor would have been one of those games I couldn't shut up about prior to release. At least now I can afford to buy the games I do want to play, even if I rarely have time to play them outside of weekends.

On a semi-unrelated note, after well over a year of attempts to get some very important API hooks from SCEI, we're slowly starting to consume some triggers from PSN accounts and we're going to be routing them through PlayStation.com to make it less assy as an experience for Trophy huntin' folks. We'll probably have to make it through Q4 before work can begin in earnest because we're splitting resources with our SCEE counterparts (long story), but for now, if you log into PlayStation.com, depending on what your last Platinum was, you'll get a fun little congratulatory message.

...Come to think of it, I should just make it so that EVERYONE gets congratulated for getting the Hanna Montana Plat. THEN YOU'LL ALL FEEL MY SHAME.

JavaJesus
Jul 4, 2007

I know you just finished saying it'll be a while before things can start happening, but at some point would it be possible to add some sort of option to show the name/requirements of secret trophies? I'm not expecting PlayStation.com to suddenly become a trophy walkthrough site or anything like that, but I feel like being able to see the text for all trophies and not just the non-secret ones would make the whole thing a lot more useful.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Managed to finish off Gravity Rush for Plat #35. The challenges were the worst part of the game, the campaign was alright worthy of a playthrough for a free game. I can't say I would recommend this game to platinum. Not a huge time investment, but rather frustrating with the controls and having to get good at aligning Kat correctly.

Next up I'm going to try and finish off Killzone Mercenaries with the 100 MP matches trophy and save an interrogated teammate. then I can get that plat.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
I finally got 100% completion on Spelunky trophies. :vince: No platinum, unfortunately.

Granted, there are less PSN trophies than XBL achievements, but just doing the hell clear and under 8-minute clear were enough for me.

This was one of the few games where I said "No way I'll get these" to the trophy list after buying it, and I ended up getting them all around a year later.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Yechezkel posted:

I finally got 100% completion on Spelunky trophies. :vince: No platinum, unfortunately.

Granted, there are less PSN trophies than XBL achievements, but just doing the hell clear and under 8-minute clear were enough for me.

This was one of the few games where I said "No way I'll get these" to the trophy list after buying it, and I ended up getting them all around a year later.

I'll believe it when I see it on the Playstation Goon Trophy Leaderboard. :colbert:

Oh, wait... :(

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
I saw it mentioned in the PS4 thread, but psnprofiles.com is a pretty good trophy tracking site if that's your thing. I drunkenly signed up for the $10 lifetime thing and it's pretty neat. I haven't really played with the site options, but maybe there's a way to start a group or something on there?

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Ehh, It's not the same as the Goon trophy leaderboard. We could see how many trophies each user got in a month. It was a fun race each month trying to be number 1.
But it is a pretty good site

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

JavaJesus posted:

I know you just finished saying it'll be a while before things can start happening, but at some point would it be possible to add some sort of option to show the name/requirements of secret trophies? I'm not expecting PlayStation.com to suddenly become a trophy walkthrough site or anything like that, but I feel like being able to see the text for all trophies and not just the non-secret ones would make the whole thing a lot more useful.

Sorry for the super-later response, but this is something that's already in the works. I have no idea how long it'll take, but it (along with a ton of other poo poo) has been on the back burner while we sorted out or combined web dev work with SCEE. Now that we've got our own semi-dedicated resources and people taking a look at the logged-in section (of which Trophies is pretty much the only compelling part), I'm hoping this and many other suggestions will start getting implemented more readily.

If you guys have more suggestions, keep 'em coming. If we can't even be as good as a third-party scraping site, that's a serious problem, but it's one people are at least aware of (mostly because I won't shut up about it). It's also now become my mission to have the highest Trophy level of anyone at Sony. That won't go horribly wrong or anything, I'm sure.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Sony confirms next PS4 system software update will allow you to remove games with 0% trophies from your online trophy list. :woop:

quote:

Trophy Improvements: We have received a ton of feedback to improve Trophies. In Yukimura, a screenshot will automatically be captured at the moment a Trophy is earned, making it easier than ever for you to share your greatest gaming moments with your friends. Were also adding more sorting options along with the new ability to remove games from the Trophy list that have 0% completion.

:fuckoff: SingStar trophy lists.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
More good news: you don't have to own a PS4 to delete 0% trophy lists. You can now do this with the official PlayStation app for iOS and Android, with the new update that just came out tonight. :hellyeah:

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Congratulations to Policenaut for earning over 10,000 trophies. :stare:

Trekkie
Aug 6, 2013

Yechezkel posted:

More good news: you don't have to own a PS4 to delete 0% trophy lists. You can now do this with the official PlayStation app for iOS and Android, with the new update that just came out tonight. :hellyeah:

My long OCD nightmare is finally coming to an end.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

How has the 0% deletion gone for some of the major SA resident trophy hunters?

Mechanigma
Apr 17, 2007

ur already ded
Once I get a new phone or console I am deleting the hell out of Trash Panic. Just wish I hadn't earned single trophies on certain other games.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Ether One (the new PS4 PS+ game for this month) trophy list: 1 platinum, 10 gold, 2 silver :eyepop: Hopefully, they are as easy as they look.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

So I bet, Ether One will be the next hanna montana or something for every trophy hunting goon, eh?

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

Scyron posted:

So I bet, Ether One will be the next hanna montana or something for every trophy hunting goon, eh?

Hanna Montana had a Platinum. No game before or since will replace it (see also: Avatar on 360).

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I meant more in way of a fast easy platinum, though probably not creepy. I can proudly say I don't have that poo poo on my record and I am like a super trophy nerd.

I'll still get this Ether One plat through, haha.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Ether One doesn't look to be an easy one after all

Don't forget that The Walking Dead Season 1 and The Wolf Among Us are also easy platinums. Just complete the game to get them.

Cross-post from PS Store thread, since some of you probably want to be rewarded for getting trophies. It's only for Japan region though :japan:

Japan region:

Yet another lottery contest, but one that most of you can participate in.

If I'm reading this page right, you have a chance to earn free PSN bucks from earning trophies in free-to-play games.

400 random people that earn a bronze trophy in a F2P game will get 500 yen.
500 random people that earn a silver trophy in a F2P game will get 800 yen.
800 random people that earn a gold trophy in a F2P game will get 1000 yen.

The catch is that the trophies have to be earned between today, May 21, through Sunday, June 7. Trophies earned before today will not count.

Unlike other PSN lotteries, there is no ticket to claim on PSN to qualify.

The page linked above has every F2P game linked to the Japan store.

Moskau
Feb 17, 2011

HEY GUYS DON'T YOU LOVE ANIME?! I LOVE ANIME SO MUCH ESPECIALLY ALL THE PANTY SHOTS AND FAN SERVICE AND MOE MOE MOE! I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH!

Ether One was a really glitchy turd when it launched, not only were you able to get your game in a state where you couldn't continue without crashing (in addition to all the random crashes), saves were getting corrupted, collectible progress was getting reset, and some collectibles were just completely unobtainable. It only recently got a patch which made the plat possible. Haven't tried it out though.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

That sounds terrible? When I was in QA for even a budget game we had so many restrictions or standards we had to have 100% clear before sony would even allow to take a loomk at that, not only that, if it failed that 50k down the hole. This honestly astonishes me, since I love QA as lovely as it is but gently caress, that is just bad.

I still would like to get a plat in ether one, regardless if it is easy or a puzzle game, but thankfully I held off downloading it for now.

Moskau
Feb 17, 2011

HEY GUYS DON'T YOU LOVE ANIME?! I LOVE ANIME SO MUCH ESPECIALLY ALL THE PANTY SHOTS AND FAN SERVICE AND MOE MOE MOE! I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH!

Scyron posted:

That sounds terrible? When I was in QA for even a budget game we had so many restrictions or standards we had to have 100% clear before sony would even allow to take a loomk at that, not only that, if it failed that 50k down the hole. This honestly astonishes me, since I love QA as lovely as it is but gently caress, that is just bad.

I still would like to get a plat in ether one, regardless if it is easy or a puzzle game, but thankfully I held off downloading it for now.

You might want to wait some more; the patch that was supposed to fix things broke things and corrupted saves, and even the patch released after that sounds a bit broken.

Each patch is also 3 GB (the whole game) because making diff patches is hard ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Moskau posted:

You might want to wait some more; the patch that was supposed to fix things broke things and corrupted saves, and even the patch released after that sounds a bit broken.

Each patch is also 3 GB (the whole game) because making diff patches is hard ok

I never installed the game and have just been trying to 100% hohokum without a guide. I feel like that was a much smarter choice.

• Locked thread