Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Today Brisket got some in home training which he did pretty well with. Marking and treating so that he knows good things happen when he sees the scary things, like this tiny woman who came to the house.
Or the six month infant who can crawl.

Everything was going good until she turned to leave and he started lounging at her. I guess Brisket thinks he's in prison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Puppy has Pneumonia..:(

She's had vomiting issues since we got her and we've repeatedly taken her to the vet about it and it's been shrugged off so many times. This time I had a video of her literally wheezing as she was having a really rough time a few days ago.

Turns out they think she has the dog version of IBS due to a food allergy and that's caused the vomiting, which has in turn meant she's been aspirating while vomiting and it's turned in Pneumonia over the last 2 days or so.

Luckily we took her straight to the vets and she's on antibiotics now and doing a hell of a lot better right away. She has a bit of a temp and is now on some boring, bland, white prescription food while we have to try and make a plan to work out what the main trigger was.

Gonna be a long process I think, just glad she's happy and ok.

Took her out for a very short walk yesterday as she's been on antibiotics for 3 days now and was having crazy zoomies and shes hurt her bloody leg now and was limping last night.

Christ knows what she's done cause she wasn't jumping off anything high etc.

*Sigh*

This is meant to be easier than kids, right?..

Food allergy poo poo is literally the worst, just rolled fuckin snake eyes on that one :(

Sorry about the pup, at least you (most likely) know the issue now.

As far as the leg, she probably just pulled a muscle if she was running around like a maniac, is she still limping today?

My dog had a similar incident a few days ago but I gave him a quick leg massage and it must have just been a cramp or something becuase he was totally fine afterwards, as soon as I saw him lifting his leg up I was like "God not another loving vet visit" because we just spent like 2 grand on some teeth pulling.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Apr 10, 2024

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
She's not limping at all today. She's been fine luckily so was just a pulled muscle by the looks of it, will be keeping an eye on her.

My Partner did her phone snatched today while we was out though so we're having a great time right now. :laffo:

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
Hoping that Freya is back to 100% soon.

Newton continues to be a good boy. He had hookworm but got treated for it and they’ll check again at his next vet appointment.

He came to Easter, everybody loved him except my cousins ornery ancient pitbull who decided he was too close to the kids when all the kids walked up to him and ripped out some of his neck fur. Newton was unfazed and still wanted to try to be buddies with the pitbull. I was very much fazed.

He has a favorite toy which is a big knotted rope, his very favorite game was to attack and chew on the leash when it was time to go inside (partly because it was fun, partly because he didn’t want to go inside), so I got him to redirect his violence to the rope. It’s the first thing he really loves to tug, grab, and thrash around like a mace and club me in the shins with.

Neeeeeyow zoom snap chomp

https://i.imgur.com/4W6dAV5.mp4

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
I'm proud of Newton for you tbh, if he had a pitbull take some hair out and it didn't bother him at all that's kinda huge. Shows how good of a job you're doing with him.

Freja is every much on the mend. She's finished her antibiotics now but I think it may not be enough. Im going to see how she is for the next couple of days and maybe call the vets again but she is much better than she was. No more coughing, wheezing and her temp is almost back to normal now too

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Does anyone have experience with Hypoallergenic dog foods? We just switched Freja as per the Vet and trying to narrow down what was going on with her...

However, her poops are giving me concern. They went from regular and healthy looking to yellow/green and very wet, to half as often, maybe once a day and very, very hard.

She's not constipated, but I think she may be getting there and I'm wondering if it's something that's somewhat normal with these types of food?..

I'm gonna give it a few more days as it's only been a week so far and it's still not leveled out yet but if it gets worth it I'm gonna be calling the vet again on Monday.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Did you switch cold turkey? That can cause problems till the dog gets adjusted to the new food.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

MarcusSA posted:

Did you switch cold turkey? That can cause problems till the dog gets adjusted to the new food.

Under the vets instructions, yes. He wanted her on that asap due to a likely allergy causing her pneumonia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Solid poops are good, as long as your dog doesn't have any trouble passing them and you're making sure she has plenty of water. Regular cheap/consumer foods are fluffed with a lot of semi-digestible trash that makes for big soft poops, probably what you're seeing is normal healthy dookie.