Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Is the game solid or is it still a bug filled mess? I'd prefer to wait a few weeks for the initial patches to go around rather than force a bugged RPG. I've been mostly avoiding any sort of news for this game along with PoE and Torment so that I come to the game fresh. I have no idea how the beta has progressed...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

YouTuber posted:

Is the game solid or is it still a bug filled mess? I'd prefer to wait a few weeks for the initial patches to go around rather than force a bugged RPG. I've been mostly avoiding any sort of news for this game along with PoE and Torment so that I come to the game fresh. I have no idea how the beta has progressed...

If you had a lever of sufficient length you could stand upon it and move the world.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Dibujante posted:

The apocalypse can probably only improve healthcare.

I'll say, kill a few people or return some pigs and you can have enough skills to become a surgeon!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

AxeManiac posted:

I'll say, kill a few people or return some pigs and you can have enough skills to become a surgeon!

My surgeon did blow up a couple of people in the AG center mind you.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

YouTuber posted:

It comes out in two days you should probably see for yourself?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

For dudes who get bugs up their asses about preorders, grogs can be really bullish about buying some games sight unseen

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

Party Plane Jones posted:

Conelrad's albums are pretty close to what you're looking for and they're all free. There's also the Existence 2.0 radio station from one of New Vegas' mods that's chock full of that sorta music.

Conelrad is loving awesome.

Also not really the same thing but X-Minus One has a ton of great old sci-fi radio serials and they kick rear end. Tons of stuff on there from the golden age of 50s sci-fi.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Basic Chunnel posted:

For dudes who get bugs up their asses about preorders, grogs can be really bullish about buying some games sight unseen

Not gonna deny that, but those same grogs have probably erally enjoyed the 20 hours of unfinished game they HAVE played.

Sight unseen is a bit different than what we have here.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Hi

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3665651

Bye for now!

Edit: No I am not closing this thread, though maybe the moderators will do it anyway. WE WILL SEE!

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013
EDIT: ^ Oh ok.

So I had a crack at this yesterday after last playing six hours into the beta around December last year.

My word.

Loving it so far, my only issue is that I’m fairly certain the release will break my saves so I had to stop myself short last night.

Have got a good party worked out, with my own little back stories for each of the members based on their stats :3:

John of Scotland – Degenerate gambler seriously down on his luck – this silver tongued bastard would have died a long time ago had it not been for his ability to talk himself out of almost any situation. Joined the Rangers to escape from some rather nasty fellow’s intent on removing said tongue via his arsehole. Turns out he’s pretty good at leading people and fairly competent with computers as well. John isn’t actually his real name nor is he from Scotland.

She Who Walks – “Native American” medicine woman who talks to Animals ‘cause racial profiling, her Tribe only survived the apocalypse because they were engaged in a legal battle to prove their heritage and were living on the land. Prefers to go by Sue, and is far better versed in the works of Henry Gray than traditional medicine, although her bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired. Crack shot with a rifle.

Katie Kaboom – Proof that intelligence is not genetic, Katie was born to drug addled hillbilly raiders who only had enough functioning grey matter between them to fill a thimble. She was four, maybe five when the Rangers found her in a Yurt happily making IEDs and ad hoc repairs to household electronics. Some children can bribed with candy, the Rangers lured her away with the promise of plastic explosives – Vargas makes sure she gets a pound every year for Christmas.

Yevgeny the Red – An alcoholic Russian fist fighter who hasn’t had a drop of alcohol since he wound up in Arizona 30 years ago. Knows his way around weapons, but is partially blind due to an altercation with a stop sign. Yevgeny's still not entirely sure how he got to the USA, but it involved a lot of Alcohol, the Chinese, a Goat and an Ocean of some description. He’s still not sure which Ocean, hence the sobriety.

Rougey fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Sep 18, 2014

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Drifter posted:

Not gonna deny that, but those same grogs have probably erally enjoyed the 20 hours of unfinished game they HAVE played.

Sight unseen is a bit different than what we have here.
Wouldn't that just make the "buy it and see" response to someone asking about the state of the game more suspect

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Basic Chunnel posted:

Wouldn't that just make the "buy it and see" response to someone asking about the state of the game more suspect

Oh, of course that was a dickish response to the question. But the question itself was kinda poor. How is anyone supposed to know whether the gold copy is significantly devoid of most bugs? You literally have to wait and see when it comes out.

In conclusion, silly question, answer related.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

AxeManiac posted:

If The Colony taught me anything besides how to make your own tesla coil it was that rotting pics smell really really really bad.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Brother None you guys are a bunch of jerks for putting out a gameplay trailer for Torment and making me want to throw more money at games when I can't do so currently. :mad:

YouTuber posted:

You're not talking about Path of Exile are you? Because that game's been out for awhile, just had an expansion, gets updates regularly, and kicks rear end.

e: vvvvv oh right, the thing from Obsidian. Makes sense then.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Sep 18, 2014

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Evil Fluffy posted:

Brother None you guys are a bunch of jerks for putting out a gameplay trailer for Torment and making me want to throw more money at games when I can't do so currently. :mad:

You're not talking about Path of Exile are you? Because that game's been out for awhile, just had an expansion, gets updates regularly, and kicks rear end.

Pillars Of Eternity

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

yo.
the wasteland 2 ranger center site updated with game license keys for the digital copies.
steam or gog are the choices

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
Huh. Looked at my Steam stats last night - I've played 65.5 hours of the beta. And none of it was after the last big update...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
Guys, the new topic is here. Somebody find a drunk Quarex at the launch party and ask him to close this thread.

• Locked thread