Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturæ et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan
Had a short but fun time today. I even won once! Unfortunately I'm horrible at SvT, so I left when the game mode changed. Looking forward to next time! (hopefully with less bad-dragon.com product reviews and dolphin/sonic-hybrid fanfiction reading, like last time :magical: )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natrox
Dec 2, 2013
Here's some important news about the natroxbox.com server (server 2) used by Jaykin Bacon: Episode 3.

My provider is migrating it's Chicago servers to New York (mine included). It should boost server performance quite a bit.

However, this means that, next Sunday from 10 AM GMT, the server will be down for an unspecified time. I'll post here in case something comes up.

By the way, it would be appreciated (you would not be banned from the server) if you'd vote for JBEP3 in the ModDB MOTY;
http://www.moddb.com/events/2013-mod-of-the-year-awards/top100#vote20307

Thanks.

Natrox fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Dec 13, 2013

Dr. Derek
Jan 1, 2010

Faster than a dead horse falling through orbit

So we got into the top 100 for mod of the year on ModDB, which is awesome.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
e: nevermind think I got it

Triggs fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jan 27, 2014

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

This game looks cool. I am a broke fool (without CS: source) so I will root for it from afar.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I got a new pc and want to play some Jaykin' Bacon. I have counter strike and half life installed as well as source sdk. When I try and launch the game though it errors and says "unable to load surface prop file 'scripts/surfaceproperties_cs.txt"

What gives?

Jeesis
Mar 4, 2010

I am the second illegitimate son of gawd who resides in hoaven.

Harminoff posted:

I got a new pc and want to play some Jaykin' Bacon. I have counter strike and half life installed as well as source sdk. When I try and launch the game though it errors and says "unable to load surface prop file 'scripts/surfaceproperties_cs.txt"

What gives?

Did you load all those games plus the SDK?

ShadeofDante
Feb 17, 2007

speaking of minds! know what's on mine? murders.

Harminoff posted:

What gives?

It has something to do with installing games to different drives other than the main one if I remember. I tried to fix it, never worked. Haven't been able to play any JB in a year.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
By the looks of it it all has to be on the c drive? That kind of sucks considering I'm using a small ssd and don't really want to put it on there.

Hopefully it gets resolved otherwise a lot of people won't be able to play once it leaves beta.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
I can play and I have all those games on my D drive. :shrug:

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Harminoff posted:

By the looks of it it all has to be on the c drive? That kind of sucks considering I'm using a small ssd and don't really want to put it on there.

Hopefully it gets resolved otherwise a lot of people won't be able to play once it leaves beta.

No, it doesn't have to be on C:, I think ShadeofDante means other than the drive Steam is installed on. I've never had Steam on my C: drive and it's worked fine. I have no experience installing stuff elsewhere relative to Steam though. Assuming you are doing this (keeping Steam on C: and installing games elsewhere), I guess try reinstalling in the same place and keeping the Source games and the mod all in the standard dirs? Otherwise try verifying all game files in steam.

Dav0r.
Apr 7, 2007
NOT FROM FACEPUNCH

Harminoff posted:

shut up.. it got fixed already.

also

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Isn't that the shotgun from UT?

Toastline
Dec 7, 2005
Chain Chomp
I'm one of those who hasn't been able to play in a while. I've tried putting the files in both of the locations that Steam looks for games on my machine, but it hasn't shown up in my library. : (
I'm not sure when this started, but I was definitely able to play it a few versions ago.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
So when does this come out for us poor, unwashed masses?

jimbomcb
Oct 4, 2011

Toastline posted:

I'm one of those who hasn't been able to play in a while. I've tried putting the files in both of the locations that Steam looks for games on my machine, but it hasn't shown up in my library. : (
I'm not sure when this started, but I was definitely able to play it a few versions ago.

This is different from the issues everyone else is having. Where is your steam installed and where are you placing it?

Toastline
Dec 7, 2005
Chain Chomp

jimbomcb posted:

This is different from the issues everyone else is having. Where is your steam installed and where are you placing it?

My Steam executable is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\, and it uses some other locations. One is in C:\Program Files\Steam (it made that on its own) and there is another on an external drive, which I had put there deliberately. I've tried putting it in all three (although I forgot there were three when I made the last post. I hadn't tried to make it work in a while).

Just for fun I tried each location again and now it's working in the "Program Files (x86)" one! Computers!

Toastline fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jul 14, 2014

Redwinters
Jan 2, 2012

ask me about non-consensual batsex

Evilreaver posted:

So when does this come out for us poor, unwashed masses?

Not soon enough :(

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
I just assumed the project was completely dead.

Dr. Derek
Jan 1, 2010

We're not dead. There isn't much to show right now but we are working and hope have some more to show soon.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
when's soon though

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

HebrewMagic posted:

when's soon though

never :smith:

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

a moment of silence, if you will...

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Here lies Postal.

He never scored.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

How am I loving up here?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Are you playing on the new dev branch? I had that on the old one it was an issue with not having the game in a specific directory but the new dev branch fixes it.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

How am I loving up here?
Jaykin Bacon really hates not being on the same drive as your Steam installation. It also really hates it when you put the games it relies on for assets anywhere else.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Great Joe posted:

Jaykin Bacon really hates not being on the same drive as your Steam installation. It also really hates it when you put the games it relies on for assets anywhere else.

It's all on the same drive

Harminoff posted:

Are you playing on the new dev branch? I had that on the old one it was an issue with not having the game in a specific directory but the new dev branch fixes it.

I think so? I followed the SVN guide in the steam group, how would I tell which branch I'm on?

E: Managed to fix it by verifying my CSS and HLDM installs, cool.

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Dec 30, 2014

jimbomcb
Oct 4, 2011

Great Joe posted:

The issues with the game assets on other drives were fixed a while back, should be fine now. I'm not sure there's much we can do about the requirement for the game to go in the main steam directory though.

We're still alive! We used to have Lua but scrapped it as the implementation was pretty poor, we've recently redone it and Battle Royale is now entirely done within Lua. We currently have the ability for anyone to make their own gamemode, host a server and any connecting clients will download the required files but there is no documentation on this yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ooWKsk7vZY

We recently moved the SVN game files over to GitHub, unfortunately it means anyone in the dev version needs to redownload the game but this shouldn't happen again. A guide on it is at http://steamcommunity.com/groups/jbep3gold/discussions/0/622954747292843967/

jimbomcb fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jan 16, 2015

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
So is this public yet or are you one of those tease&denial jerks

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Evilreaver posted:

Deffo the latter.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf
You shoulda just linked straight to your github, hth https://github.com/JBEP3/jbep3_dev

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blister posted:

You shoulda just linked straight to your github, hth https://github.com/JBEP3/jbep3_dev

Doesn't matter, as far as I know it still will only work for the testers.

Dr. Derek
Jan 1, 2010

Okay, on the development side of things we're still adding lots of new mutators to battle royale. We're even working on lua functionality so people can make their own battle royale mutators, or their own gamemodes, or their own weapons.

One mutator we added though that is proving to be pretty great is brittle bones, where you have to move carefully and touching any walls or jumping kills you

this pretty much sums it up:

jimbomcb
Oct 4, 2011

Evilreaver posted:

If by teasing & denial you mean not releasing it until we're happy with where it's at then sure.

We really want to release it to the public too but not in the state it's in at the minute.

jimbomcb fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jan 17, 2015

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

jimbomcb posted:

No release until I'm satisfied, sugar :bigtran:

Yea I understand, but you guys come in here once every third month all "we're having boatloads of fun, look at all the cool things we can do" and boy I tell ya it salts my crackers

No hate, just making fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimbomcb
Oct 4, 2011

Nah I can understand that. Our current goal is to polish up this Lua stuff, reimplement the old gamemodes and add the last few planned weapons. Once we have that stuff sorted, we want to get it out in public beta at least.

I hate giving dates as we all have jobs and other poo poo we're doing at the same time and it's not easy to predict when we have time to work on stuff but we're definitely aiming to get this out in the next few months.

• Locked thread