Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

So I just picked this up in the steam sale.

It's... weird. I'm trying to play an archer, I got to the city and upgraded into a ranger and it just kind of feels like I'm repeatedly waling on enemies doing little of value while my pawns annihilate everything.

Is there some trick to the combat I'm not getting?

Are you using skills or just the basic attack? Rangers specifically can get the 10 fold flurry which can wreck enemies. Also make sure the damage you are using is good for the enemies you're going against. If you have a bow that does fire damage against a dragon, for example, don't expect great results.

Also if you are using pawns from goons they are likely to be super high level and will easily out damage you for a long time. Try to pick pawns close to your level, there is an XP penalty if you take pawns far above you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I was using the basic starter pawn and I upgraded to one the same level as me, they still do far more damage than I do.

I only have some daggers and a basic longbow. Skills help but basically my pawn skills do shitloads more damage than mine do, they're using the same level of equipment as me.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

OwlFancier posted:

So I just picked this up in the steam sale.

It's... weird. I'm trying to play an archer, I got to the city and upgraded into a ranger and it just kind of feels like I'm repeatedly waling on enemies doing little of value while my pawns annihilate everything.

Is there some trick to the combat I'm not getting?

E: I am enjoying literally carrying my party even if I cannot metaphorically carry them however.

Focus on monster weak points ( Eye/head/etc) with correct element enchantment to really lay the hurt on the big guys. Also the higher level skills will really send the low level monster flying.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
This is the console thread also.

Here is the PC thread. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3759580

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Oh, ok I'll shift it over there, I only remembered the title of this thread so I searched it, cheers.

• Locked thread