Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
I'm down with Orokos. Self-rolling stuff that's independent of GM knowledge or NPC action can help keep things rolling along.

Also, 3xp/20Posts trickle will be in effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
People realize that I'm only up to coruscanting and KotBs range of effect is measured in yards, right?

I doubt you'd be able to see it from the cave.

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Oh, I was under the impression that any periph would cause your anima to turboflare (don't actually have Shards at the moment).

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Thesaurasaurus posted:

Oh, I was under the impression that any periph would cause your anima to turboflare (don't actually have Shards at the moment).

Yeah, I could have sworn you said something to that effect in IRC.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
Will aim to get general map of the region up by the end of the week, for those diving into the frontier.

So once we're settled with the state of things, we can go to some dramactions.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
The Eastern Frontier

Pink line - Nominal border of the Haslanti League
Green line - Populace/patrolled League territory

Gold Dot - Aursholm/Hellgate
Gold Line - Major trails explored by settlers

Red Dots - Notable Places
pre:
A- Rumoured Lair of the Five-Eyed Maw, one of many snow-beasts which once plagued
the borderlands north of here. The Cold Iron Brand have made it the last known of
its kind. This year, they finish the job. Stories of the beast's appearance vary 
wildly and often lack detail, making it difficult to guess the creature's nature.
B- The Ironwoods. Called despite their lack of the legendary eastern material 
because their borders are thought to ward against the Raksha beyond them. No lord
of that court has ever laid claim or marched against these lands, leaving them 
serving as the effective eastern border of the frontier. Some take branches from 
the Ironwoods for use as good-luck charms. They avoid staying long.
C- The Silent Hills. A barren stretch of rolling land surrounded by what remains 
of ancient guidestones. Thought to be a place spoken of in the old travel-sagas. 
(From which it takes its name) It appears in multiple songs, described in each the
same way, but is mentioned only in passing. Any tale which speaks of what is meant 
to happen in the place is either lost to the ages, or a closely guarded secret.
D- The Thunderspire. A modestly sized and fairly sharp mountain peak, ascending
from otherwise flat land. A frequent centre of storms, and so widely believed to 
be a gathering place of air spirits. Generally not approached or disturbed for 
fear of attracting the storm's attention. 
Gray Dot - Stump

Gray Zone - Cold Iron Brand Activity
Pink Zone - Raksha
Gold Zone - Strong Guild Presence

A_Raving_Loon fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Nov 25, 2012

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
Summary of things attained in prologue -

Chateaux Kavik formula 1 - An experimental work of vitriolic brew-mastery, this invigorating beverage distills the spirit of unending defiance which defines the Thing Infernal in a hell of a wake-up call. Less than a bottle's worth presently exists, but given the proper bit of things more could be made to follow.

Drinking a glass of this potent brew subjects the drinker to a 7-die natural mental attack. If successful, the target spends a scene developing an intimacy of sympathy for the reclamation, though they may not immediately understand it. If the subject has no knowledge of the Yozi's escape plans, the effects will instead manifest as a vague sense of righteous outrage.

Cave Cult-Caravan - A handful of bright-eyed, clear-headed Nordic folks primed to worship just about anything. And their not-so-little dogs too. Usable as Cult 1 (Personal) if directed at an individual, otherwise general-purpose yozi cultists. Possess Resources 2 worth of miscellaneous stuff, and a hybrid sled/wagon. They were wrapped in enough Essence Spider Silk to serve as a component in a relevant artifact, or contribute heavily to mundane projects.

Last left in service of Chukh, and commanded to lead him to The Mistress.

Riverfrost Elixir - As Mister Kavik has dubbed the substance he removed from the aforementioned cult. That name, and no other. Most definitively not 'Auntie Kim's Knockout Goo'.

It is a poison of sorts. In small doses it is a sweet and soothing relaxant. Once tolerance of (Essence) doses is exceeded, it begins to swiftly but gently incapacitate the victim. Once unconscious, the victim's vital functions are suspended. They will remain in this state for one month per dose, including those under tolerance, and suffer no ill effects from inactivity. Removing the venom via magic or appropriately potent counter-agents will wake the victim.

By the amounts remaining in the cultists, they were due to awake or be refilled by the end of the month. After losses to inefficiencies of the extraction process, and small amounts consumed in testing, 6 doses of the drug remain.

Presently held by Snow.

The Bonded Bloom - A modestly sized and competently crewed guild vessel licensed to trade within the league. Its captain and crew, while coming to terms with Snow's modifications to their way of thinking, intend to finish their supply run north, stash the ship on return and do their best to rendezvous with The Tyrant.

The Tyrant's Retinue - The assorted mortals which The Tyrant has selected to follow in his footsteps and tend to his demands. Provide the beginnings of his personal cult, and a basis to purchase followers and henchfolk. Between them are the skills and resources needed to sustain their number on a journey across the frontier, barring exceptional complications.

Sammi Gray - Warrior-caste commoner fairy. Swift as an eagle, light as its feathers, and recently befriended and perhaps indebted to Cloud. Oddly fascinated by The Tyrant. Styles himself as some sort of folk hero.

So last was heard, Y'all were planning to march on out Stump-wards. The journey, on foot at a casual march, will take six weeks. The folks on The Bloom will end up three weeks behind you, which is about when winter will show up. The lands between you and there are sparsely dotted with small settlements, the ruins of failed settlements, and the typical wilderness of the north.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

I get 13 points to spend on mutations for my seamonsters. These get laid on top of regular sea critters. As per the mutation guidelines, all creatures are man-sized by default, so I don't need to spend points to make human-sized lobsters. I can then add further mutations with my mutagenic poisons, but anything that gets a whole ton of mutations is going to be a special case.

Tunnelers:
Rock-Digging (2)
Tunneling (2)
Burrowers (4)
With slivers of jade in their brain that tell them how to build permanent tunnels (5), gives them Craft (Earth) 5. Pulling this mutation from tube worms :P
with further positive/negative mutations to taste (can't deal with sunlight, doesn't need to eat)

Snow Ninjas:
Skulker (3)
Eats Snow (2)
North Stealthy (3)
North Native (1)
Enhanced Attack (2)
Wall Crawler (2)

Bruisers. Tanks that have traded some of their aquatic ability for strength.
Natural Armor (2)
Natural Plating +11B/+11L (6)
Scything Talons (2 die attack specialty) (2)
Piercing Attack (2)
Pack Mentality (1)
Fast (Ground) (2)
Slow (Swim) (-2)

Servants/Entertainers: blue skinned, glowing ladies with whispy semi-transparent hair.
Hypnotic (6) Jellyfish display
Kimbery's Desire to Serve (3 dot specialty for being a good host)
Hyper-Awareness (2) Tiny markings (actually jellyfish eyes) all over.
Speaks (2)
Fragile (-2)
+2 App (2) (or +1 App and Luminescent)

-----------------

Unrelated to the above, I'd like to purchase Sea Dissolves Itself.

Mile'ionaha fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Dec 7, 2012

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
So, to preempt any more "Shall we" small talk on the hunting trip, let me set some things down here for all to see.

Five-Eye's lair is a ways away from Egilsfield. It would take Cloud a whole 3 Hours to fly there, 3-5 days by dogsled or iceboat, or two weeks of hiking.

What this comes around to is, it's quite reasonable to plan the actual beast-slaying to go down after Tarn's done building his greenhouse. This would give the rest of the team time to research, recon, prepare, and get re-oriented.

That sound good to everyone?

MadcapViking
Jan 6, 2006
Single malt Pork Baron
I like it. I'll edit the Brucepost I've got in the works to reflect that.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

Map of huntzone of Mawgrad.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
Bringing grenades into play prompted me to introduce two general explosives-related houserules, now in the OOC OP.

In short - Called shots can avoid friendly fire, and Near misses still count for something.

MadcapViking
Jan 6, 2006
Single malt Pork Baron
Finishing up my final semester of grad school; the crunch is here. I mentioned this on IRC, but I'll likely be mostly internet dark over the next 4-5 weeks.

Chukh will be continuing to sass the Tyrant (and otherwise be a pain-in-the-rear end little brother), and diligently seeking out new places upon which to inflict his company. If that involves drinking with razor-fanged nightmares from time out of memory, so be it. If it involves crushing/killing gods, even better.

...Still wanna ride dat birde.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
OldMidgetWillow do you intend to follow the laserbird home?

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
perhaps after dinner i will order some more monuments and tall, phallic structures be built in my honor
Yes.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
In the chat Loon, Thes, and I went through a big list of Theion custom charms I rounded up from the internet. Here's a list of the ones that have been approved for use in the game, hurray.

And, for ease of record keeping here's a custom charm repository for use with Anathema. To install simply move the two files into C:\Program Files (x86)\Anathema\repository\custom folder, and Thieon charms will be selectable from the dropdown. Now, because of the way Anathema handles Yozi(they're hard-coded traits so you can't add custom Yozi) the uses Malfeas excellencies in place of Theion's.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
So apparently the game is waiting on Mileonhia to finish Iron stuff. So, can we make that happen so this finally gets moving again?

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

News to me, I check the thread every day and haven't heard any request for anything in specific.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Apparently, Loon wants you around in-chat for the whole meeting with the irons command that Snow is doing, so that you can respond to stuff.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
Thanks for jostling this to say that. Been teetering on the edge of getting stuff out of hibernation for a while now.

It would be handy to have you around for Iron stuff, Miles, as it would give you the chance to interject with any manipulating you feel like pulling in real time. If there's no good time for that in the near days, I can just put Fox on rails auto-acting-proper via Loom Snarling and leave you with a front row seat to a little cutscene.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
Miles, if you would like to engage in any active espionage or acts of manipulation please declare such in a post.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
Things which must happen for the thread to advance:

-Reunite the PCs. This may be assumed to happen without incident.

-Prepare whichever solution you intend to settle the hunt with.

-Do that so you can all go home.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Alright, was considering keeping Snow in deep cover, but I can pull him back.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
Since Obsidian Portal has taken recent steps to make itself more pretty, I've decided to start a page for this game.

Provide OP usernames and I'll invite you in.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

How's that? I think I remembered all the details correctly.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
To celebrate end of hunt and begin the release of piles of information related to moving forward, here's the starting numbers for each PC's personal organization, and the friendly NPC groups you've encountered.

You are free to define the nature of your org's competence as you'd like, and each of you may be used as a 3-point special asset for your own org.

Feel free to adopt org names as well.

pre:
Retinue of The Glorious Tyrant
Size      :••   (Dozens of Northmen and skilled Mercenaries)
Influence :•••  (Getting heard about)
Competence:•••
Reach     :••   (Small but mobile)
Wealth    :••
Specials  :•    Bjorn, Haslan Frontier Warrior
           •    Adrian Graves, Mercenary Archer

pre:
Snow
Size      :•••   (Whole lot of seamonsters)
Influence :      (Ninjas are not known for political presence)
Reach     :•••   (Tunnel Network's shaping up)
Specials  :••••  Manse

pre:
Screwheads (Chukh)
Size      :••   (Cultists)
Influence :     (Who?)
Reach     :••   (Small, but mobile)
Wealth    :••   (Modest Caravan)
Specials  :

pre:
Cloud
Size      :      (Just him, really)
Influence :•••   (Hero of the Wasteland!)
Reach     :••••  (Goes where he pleases)
Wealth    :      (Travels Light)
Specials  :•••   Occasional Aid of the Grey Fey and the Wyldhound

pre:
Tarn
Size      :
Influence :•••   (Proven Helpful Wizard)
Reach     :•
Specials  :

pre:
Far North Reclamation Cell - Subsidiary of Reclamation, Hell
Leader    : Brass Orb Weaver
Motivation: Prepare the way for the return of the Yozi
Intimacies: The Reclamation (Why we're here)
            Scavenging (Leave nothing to waste)
            Secrecy (Vital to the Mission)
Size      :•••   (Collection of cultists, creatures, and subdued spirits)
Influence :•     (Hushed Whispers in the wrong places)
Competence:••••  (Spy and Supply)
Reach     :••••  (Spiderholes all over the frontier)
Wealth    :••••• (What do you thik I keep in 'em, old socks?)
Specials  :••••  Brass Orb Weaver (Lunar Akuma)
           •••   Jan Stillwater (Enlightened former human)
		   •••   Hellgates
		   ••    Manse

pre:
Aursholm - Subsidiary of Far North Cell
Leader    : Tricia Jansdatter (Lunar Half-Caste)
Motivation: Provide the best in Care and Hospitality! (For the champions of hell!) 
Intimacies:Visitors (Come in, stay a while!)
           Settlers (Best of luck!)
           Politics (Leave it outside)
		   Brass Orb Weaver (The Mistress)
Size      :••
Influence :••• (Respected authority on the southeast frontier)
Competence:••• (News and Hospitality)
Reach     :••• (Known all along the shore)
Specials  :••   Leif, Enlightened Thaumaturge
           ••   Trix, Lunar Half Caste 
		   •    Spider Holes & Hellgate
9/13
Commits 4 to conceal Brass Intimacy & Spider Holes.

pre:

Egilsfield - Subsidiary of The Tyrant
Leader    :Stien Egilsfielder, Vestin diLanno
Motivation:Carve out and defend a home for the family.
Intimacies:Labour (It's own reward)
           The Circle (Seem like fine folks)
		   Divinities (Earn our respect)
Size      :••
Influence :•••
Competence:•••  (Living off the Taiga)
Reach     :••
Wealth    :•
Specials  :•     Greenhouse

11/11

A_Raving_Loon fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Nov 19, 2013

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Thinking about this:

Athletics to 3 6xp
Linguistics to 3 3xp
Larceny to 3 3xp
Manipulation to 4: 12 (3XP refund)
Bureacracy to 4: 5XP
Witness to Darkness: 8XP

Ninja Accountant: now with 30% more ninja and 80% more accountant,

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Pro choices, Miles. Myself, I'm going for:

Bureaucracy 0->2 (5 XP)
Familiar 2->3 (3 XP)
First She Who Lives In Her Name Excellency (8 XP)
Tool-Transcending Constructs repurchase (8 XP)
Purpose-Driven Refraction Field (8 XP)

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
My current plan:
pre:
1st Cece 			8xp
Transcendent Desert Creature	8xp
Verdant Emptiness Endowment	8xp
Wits 		2 -> 3		6xp
Socialize 	1 -> 2		1xp
War 		2 -> 3		3xp

MadcapViking
Jan 6, 2006
Single malt Pork Baron
Here's my shopping list:

pre:
Insignificant Embers Intuition (8xp)
Tarnish Flash Technique (8xp)
Presence 3->4 (5xp)
War 1->2 (1xp)
Socialize 0->2 (5xp)

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
Reminderpost - As of cleaning up the aftermath of the hunt, it is the first week of Descending Air. The beginning of deep winter.

MadcapViking
Jan 6, 2006
Single malt Pork Baron
Pinging to avoid archival.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

MadcapViking posted:

Pinging to avoid archival.

ARISE MY UNDEAD MINION!

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
Thread-Rescue post and renewed apology for low rates of activity.

Things which could happen without reliance on your high-latency GM:

-Some sort of spooky/cursed combo of Thes, Cap, Willow

-Cloud declaring intent to do anything at all in Fort Bear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Snow also needs some input from Cloud.

• Locked thread