Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
There's an idle game thread over in Games where they're discussing this one right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
seedship: a short, text only game about an ai colony ship trying to find a new planet for humanity to survive on

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

fits posted:

seedship: a short, text only game about an ai colony ship trying to find a new planet for humanity to survive on

Neat.

quote:

Planet El Dorado
Atmosphere: Breathable
Gravity: Very low
Temperature: Hot
Water: Trace
Resources: Rich

Features:
Insulated caves
Poisonous plants
Useful animals
Post-Singularity civilisation
High-tech ruins

El Dorado's impossibly slender alien plants reach kilometres into a blue sky. The colonists live in towering high-tech cities with buildings sealed against the planet's harsh environment, gathered around water production plants. They live lives of peace and spiritual fulfilment beyond the dreams of their ancestors on Earth, guided by a combination of human and alien philosophy. Many of the planet's native inhabitants live in the human communities, and the colonists' culture has been enriched by alien influences. In the first city stand monuments to the 191 colonists who died building the first settlement and the seedship AI that guided humanity to its new home.

Score
Planet atmosphere: 500
Planet gravity: 0
Planet temperature: 250
Planet water: 0
Planet resources: 500
Survivors after landing: 1000
Survivors after settlement construction: 809
Final technology level (Post-Singularity): 3000
Native relations (Integrated Societies): 2000
Final culture (Cosmic Enlightenment): 3000
Surviving scientific database × 10: 1190
Surviving cultural database × 10: 1290
Total: 13539

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I got an event where, through several choices, the AI was inspired to write poetry after reading the cultural database. But it was so bad at it, it threw a temper tantrum and deleted not just its own poetry, but some of the stuff already in the database.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

I'd love to read a book written off this premise? Any ideas?

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Destination: Void is the closest one I can think of, and is more about a crew trying to upgrade their ship's AI into being capable of autonomous colonization.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

habituallyred posted:

Destination: Void is the closest one I can think of, and is more about a crew trying to upgrade their ship's AI into being capable of autonomous colonization.

I'll check it out, thanks!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
LOL at survivors being picky about things like "outstanding ugliness."

Earthlike temps, gravity, water, and rich resources, a some alien precursor poo poo to reverse engineer and they still complain.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
The sky is goatse.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

PhazonLink posted:

LOL at survivors being picky about things like "outstanding ugliness."

Earthlike temps, gravity, water, and rich resources, a some alien precursor poo poo to reverse engineer and they still complain.

I like to think it's Beksinski Planet. All foggy yellowed canyons lined with rusty, glowering statues.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
Well, I arrived at a planet with like 79% technology remaining but the colonists ripped apart the seedship to build shuttles, go to the moon and bring back iron... which they then used to sink into a medieval technology level and just loving stay there forever. I had tons of cultural database and they learned from alien monuments but then it all built itself into an oppressive theocracy. Heck.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Welp found a way to break the game, reloading the page can reroll every single event except planet scans.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Niel Cicierega has made a browser game about putting Skeletons and Ghosts in your truck so you can mate them and sell their offspring.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Niel Cicierega has made a browser game about putting Skeletons and Ghosts in your truck so you can mate them and sell their offspring.

How the gently caress does a skeleton mate?

I already know the answer to this, they bone.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Hemingway To Go! posted:

this game is incredible

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!
Ugh, I got busted...

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

DavidAlltheTime posted:

Ugh, I got busted...

Always ask if they're a cop.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Slime posted:

Always ask if they're a cop.

I did that but then I had 25 monsters and all my cash taken because the neighbors called me in.

I'm the real monster :negative:

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Also I haven't played it myself but this AMERICAN MALL GAME seems to be making the rounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
It's built as an accompaniment to a news article about the death of malls, but the game actively works against that agenda in a way they didn't intend. I was having trouble getting simple things to work, like randomly not getting feedback sometimes when clicking an empty store, or the notifications disappearing when I go to click on them, or no trash or rats of cyberpunks appearing in my mall but the bottom bar telling me to clear them anyways.

I feel like bugs like that work against their message of "Even if you do everything right you can't win", because it feels like the game is bugged to the point of not letting you do things that seem "right". I liked the effort, though.

• Locked thread