Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Here’s an odd question for gnome7 - is there anywhere to get the icon/images for the stats (blood, grace, etc) that are on the playbook?

There was not, until right this moment: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yyKPWkp2N7dafJ3in_VvdD-H7FdH-KmS

I commissioned them as icons for each of the playbooks, but then each playbook was centered on a different stat, so they ended up being used for that. Orc for Blood, Halfling for Courage, Elf for Grace, Squire for Sense, and Heir for Wisdom. And then Dwarf for Iron and Harbinger for Doom, which are not stats you have seen the last of in the core books.

malkav11 posted:

I would also say "the heroes enjoy a well earned victory, move on to a different game or a completely fresh campaign of Fellowship" is a valid outcome. After all, PBTA tends to favor discrete, finite narratives.

This is the expected outcome, yeah. Wind down, find out how everyone's doing in a post-Overlord world, then move on to another game, possibly a new round of Fellowship in a new setting/world, if you just want to do more of that.

If you do go with the "there is a greater evil still!" option, I think that'd best be used as a one or two session villain, a Threat to the World or big Set Piece encounter to end the game with a strong climax. Then, once they're beaten, you do that epilogue thing.

It is not a game that is supposed to go on forever.

gnome7 fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Mar 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

A radium mask, used in the 1920s to treat cancer of the face and neck.
http://anatomicdeadspace.tumblr.com/ this guys the source but he sucks so dont go there unless you like serial killer quotes and gifs from hannibal

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Mar 2, 2018

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Has anyone played the Kill 6 Billion Demons AW hack, Broken World? What did you think?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

SlimGoodbody posted:

Has anyone played the Kill 6 Billion Demons AW hack, Broken World? What did you think?

I'm also interested in this, some of the playbooks seemed fictionally cool but as much as I like LANCER, Broken Worlds seems like Bad PbtA Hack 101 on a skim (there's a focus on detailed combat mechanics to the exclusion of pretty much anything else, AFAICT).

Doc Aquatic
Jul 30, 2003

Current holder of the Plush-bum Mr. Sweets Chair in American Hobology

OfChristandMen posted:

Since October, I've run about 8 different one-shot Dungeon World sessions, with varying degrees of success, but with all of them I had the players understand that "This is a one-time thing, but we can do more in the future", since it's difficult to get adults to commit to a full on RPG campaign and I don't have as much time to run 8 groups' worth of sessions continuously.

However, when I discovered Fellowship, that all changed and now I am super excited about running a longer scale campaign similar to how I used to run 5th edition DND. Our first session went great, with very good world building, I have my own irks about the system that I'm working on encapsulating (no basic attack really messes with me, and the whole gang-group-army system of monsters).

Yet what I actually need help on is figuring out how to run the second and further sessions. I know I shouldn't "write" a whole adventure, but I don't really have fronts set up since Fellowship works off of a heavier Bond-Based system.

I've found that starting the scenarios (one-shots and others) off with a combat encounter really helps people get into the game, but I'm unsure about what to do after that. The Winter's End podcast that I've been following does a lot of world building and I plan to brush up on Perilous Wilds since so much of the "fun" of the system seems to be exploring people, places and problems that the Overlord has created.

Any advice/material on how to structure a Campaign built off of a one-shot would be appreciated.

Is there a place to buy the Perilous Wilds? I've been out of the loop for a while but the last I heard that was an overlord option in the semi-distant future.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Doc Aquatic posted:

Is there a place to buy the Perilous Wilds? I've been out of the loop for a while but the last I heard that was an overlord option in the semi-distant future.
It's on DriveThruRpG.

Doc Aquatic
Jul 30, 2003

Current holder of the Plush-bum Mr. Sweets Chair in American Hobology

Oh, whoops. I found that but maybe I'm thinking of something else. I'd thought that Gnome had mentioned it as an Overlord option for a Fellowship game based on exploration and discovery, but that might have been the Distant Horizon or something else, thinking about it now.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
So there's this guy who set up a Google+ thing of The Daily Apocalypse where he analyzes passages from the Apocalypse World rule book. It's fun to read and look at the comments if you like people talking about that kind of thing and the Bakers post there too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Doc Aquatic posted:

Oh, whoops. I found that but maybe I'm thinking of something else. I'd thought that Gnome had mentioned it as an Overlord option for a Fellowship game based on exploration and discovery, but that might have been the Distant Horizon or something else, thinking about it now.

The Distant Horizon is an alternate Overlord I have not written yet, yeah. It's in my future plans for post-Panic at the Dojo content, but finishing that game has consumed most of my work time for the past while.

• Locked thread