Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Benny the Snake posted:

So is Billy on board? I miss Mr. Chompers :(
If Korey would post his podcasts to iTunes already I could tell you...but I can't really use Soundcloud at work that often

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Just to let you know, I've made a thread about Cyrus' site One of Us here.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The new site's name is.....

:dance: I dig it. I dig it good.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I can get behind that. Been listening to their podcasts on Soundcloud and I wish they had their website up soon.

I'm not sure I'll have enough time to check out One of Us, RageSelect and soon DoubleToasted every day. No one has that much free time.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I'm still behind on One of Us and Korey's podcasts.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

I just can't get into One of Us. Other than the Original Gentlemen (which comes out like once every 2 months), their other shows just do nothing for me. Rage Select is pretty one-note and childish but it can still be pretty entertaining once in a while as background noise while I'm doing something else.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I do think One of Us would be better served by having consistent movie reviewers instead of whoever feels like doing it

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
This might as well be the final post on this thread, but Doubletoasted.com will go live on July 4th or 5th. It will however have a subscription system, so certain reviews, podcasts and the live streams will be behind a paywall. So you will you may be paying a lot in order to fully enjoy OneofUs.net, RageSelect.com and Doubletoasted.com.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

PowerBeard posted:

This might as well be the final post on this thread, but Doubletoasted.com will go live on July 4th or 5th. It will however have a subscription system, so certain reviews, podcasts and the live streams will be behind a paywall. So you will you may be paying a lot in order to fully enjoy OneofUs.net, RageSelect.com and Doubletoasted.com.
I had not heard that. I mean I get that they need to make money, but I hope they're not putting bigger podcasts behind a paywall.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
They had mentioned it on a recent Sunday Service. The idea is that they will have a number of shows during the week, then stuff like the Live Show or Call In Show will be behind the Paywall. I have a feeling they're going with the One of Us model, which I find really off putting, to say the least.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

PowerBeard posted:

They had mentioned it on a recent Sunday Service. The idea is that they will have a number of shows during the week, then stuff like the Live Show or Call In Show will be behind the Paywall. I have a feeling they're going with the One of Us model, which I find really off putting, to say the least.
Yeah I don't think that's a good strategy here.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I got the impression that paying anything was going to be optional and you were going to get the full brunt of the website's content. I will need to re-listen to the show to find out. But do I really want to pay $25 a month just to try to get on the call-in show just to hear the same ten people every single time like I did on Spill?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Seems like it's mostly the extra stuff like live call-ins and streams. What we're getting today is still what we're getting a month from now. Sounds more like Giantbomb subscription where you get all the non-movie stuff if you want it.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008
Oneofus is kind of a disaapointment. Say what you will about korey but that dude was consistent about podcast releases on spill. Every single show was up on time and if it wasn't, there was an apology that day.

One of us, digital noise, their bread and butter, is up on tuesday, than wednesday and sometimes friday with nary a peep. Their movie reviews stink. One sounds like he's trying too hard, has the charisma of wet dirt and the chicks voice is super annoying. Beau I like but god drat does he love the sound of his own voice. I like digital noise the most yet I just haven't listened in over a month because of the inconsistency of it.

rageselect is silly. Someone called it perfectly. Still haven't gotten into the tvdudes, I should. Every episode I listened to was pretty good, just not on my radar.

I'm excited for double toasted. If their pay service is anything like mysterious universe, I'd consider it. If it's just for call in and streams then well, I don't really care. I'm more of a review or topics podcast guy. I never listen to sunday service

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yeah I don't really care for One of Us' movie reviews either. I know they only started that this year, after fan demand. But they seriously need to decide who is going to do the reviews and keep those same people, because it's always a different group every time.

I still think that Double Toasted and One of Us would be better if they were combined into one site, but that wasn't going to happen. I also miss CoHost aka Tony doing stuff with Korey, since those podcasts were almost always great.

I am glad though that they are finally sticking to a firm release schedule for the Original Gentlemen podcast, since before that they did it less than once a month.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Turns out I got my dates wrong...

DoubleToasted.com goes live on July 1st! :toot:

Get kinda hyped!

[EDIT]: Site Report - https://www.doubletoasted.com finally went up and it seems like they've laid out a pretty hectic schedule for themselves:

• Sunday: Sunday Service Live
  • Monday: Audiocast (Spoiler talk)
  • Tuesday: Roast & Toast Live
  • Wednesday: Movie Review Live
  • Thursday: Audiocast (Spoiler talk)
  • Friday: Movie Review(s)
  • Saturday: Day of Rest

They've also have the Forums set up and Korey might move up to having people work on animation for some of their best bits. It seems to be coming along. I only hope the paywall isn't too intrusive.

PowerBeard fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jul 2, 2014

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008
new website looks great. Layout is friendlier and really caters to the community. I'm definitely going to be more active in this one than Spill. I feel like I really lost my chance just to throw poo poo up in a great community

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

ChristianDB posted:

new website looks great. Layout is friendlier and really caters to the community. I'm definitely going to be more active in this one than Spill. I feel like I really lost my chance just to throw poo poo up in a great community
It's a nice site, but are they really adding much content beyond what they're doing already? I mean One of Us and Rage Select both have large groups of people involved with those sites. Right now isn't it just Korey, Martin, and maybe Tommy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Has someone set up a Spill.com podcast archive?

• Locked thread