Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which show has the most (current or future) jobbers wrestling on it?
This poll is closed.
WWE NXT 62 16.36%
WWE Superstars 75 19.79%
WWE Saturday Morning Slam - lmao this thread is old 24 6.33%
WWE Main Event 22 5.80%
Impact Wrestling 196 51.72%
Total: 379 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'd rather read into the possible pairing of Neville and Charlotte.

Charlotte, Neville and Zayn: The Royal Air Force

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I assume Steen's gonna debut on the next set of tapings or on the live special in December. I guess I know when I'll prob have to renew my subscription.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I wish they came in as a full stable under Triple H and beat the poo poo out of everyone who has opposed or failed him in the past.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

I'm just grateful Steen is wearing a shirt, honestly.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Von Linus posted:

I wish they came in as a full stable under Triple H and beat the poo poo out of everyone who has opposed or failed him in the past.
And then John Cena pins them all.

Including Charlotte.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Wouldn't Charlotte be the tallest member of that stable?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Probably. Just a bunch of vanilla midgets doing flippy poo poo.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Zayn was billed at 6'1 when he was Generico on the indies and that seems accurate from the one time I met him.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

rovert posted:

Triple H's smirk is awesome.

Steen and Zayn are placed beside each other. Let's insanely read into that.

If I signed that kind of talent, I'd be smug too. HHH fascinates me. From the net's super-villain to it's beacon of hope in 18 months, surreal.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

El Gallinero Gros posted:

If I signed that kind of talent, I'd be smug too. HHH fascinates me. From the net's super-villain to it's beacon of hope in 18 months, surreal.

Clearly this isn't image management.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

rovert posted:

Truth be told, I don't think he cares that much what say, the average PSPer thinks, and he shouldn't. I think him going after net/indy darlings has more to do with acknowledging that the talent pool for wrestling isn't what it was 30 years ago, and so you go after the best free agents available. These guys are it. There's still a few stragglers (ADAM COLE BAY BAY), but he'll probably scoop them up, too.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

yeah nxt is cool and all but flippy moves dont put butts every ten inches. *injects cocaine and punches a midget*

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Why can't it be both signing the best guy's available in a changed market AND trying to endear yourself to the internet crowd? This is Triple H, the guy who always has to portray himself as the coolest guy in the room we're talking about.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

rovert posted:

:rolleyes:

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Triple H's insidious plot to make good and brave business decisions to improve his portfolio.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
How DARE this man do the right things so that he will be successful and people will like him!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Suben posted:

Why can't it be both signing the best guy's available in a changed market AND trying to endear yourself to the internet crowd? This is Triple H, the guy who always has to portray himself as the coolest guy in the room we're talking about.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

How DARE this man do the right things so that he will be successful and people will like him!

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Triple H's insidious plot to make good and brave business decisions to improve his portfolio.

Made these points a few weeks ago too to be fair.

Triple H is being a political actor ahead the race for the next WWE CEO. Smart.

rovert fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Oct 15, 2014

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Thauros posted:

I assume Steen's gonna debut on the next set of tapings or on the live special in December. I guess I know when I'll prob have to renew my subscription.

I could see Steen doing a run-in to beat down Zayn right after he wins the title, then they play off their history on the indies.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gaz-L posted:

I could see Steen doing a run-in to beat down Zayn right after he wins the title, then they play off their history on the indies.

Did Generico ever win a major singles title in the indies?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Did Generico ever win a major singles title in the indies?

He beat Kota Ibushi for DDT's top title in the fall of 2012 and dropped it to Omega shortly before going to WWE. Biggest singles belt he won in ROH was a short tenure with the TV belt during the transitional period when they were bought out by Sinclair.

Edit: also had a short run with the PWG title. Won it off Steen in a ladder match that ended with a Young Bucks beatdown and Super Dragon's awesome suprise return.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGr_y8NxcAo

Thauros fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Oct 15, 2014

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

rovert posted:

As opposed to what? Hiring cool guys out of the kindness of his heart?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

rovert posted:

Thank you, Trevor. You are our shining bright beacon of behind the scene scoops!

I would tell you about how much more I admire you, but you know, it's speculation, heh :smug:

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

As soon as Triple H takes over the WWE he publicly fires everyone on NXT and then tears off his mask to reveal that he's really....

Vince McMahon!

"IT WAS ME PSP! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!"

:vince:

:bahgawd: "SON OF A BITCH!"

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

As opposed to what? Hiring cool guys out of the kindness of his heart?

He's the guy who hired Bill Demott just remember that one.

Again I LIKE Triple H and what he is done overall.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

rovert posted:

He's the guy who hired Bill Demott just remember that one.

Again I LIKE Triple H and what he is done overall.

Oh hmm well when you put it like that it makes full sense that he makes business decisions for the sake of money and influence and legacy as opposed to what we originally thought which was of course-

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Oh hmm well when you put it like that it makes full sense that he makes business decisions for the sake of money and influence and legacy as opposed to what we originally thought which was of course-

It's just speculation!!!$

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

You are arguing things I am not really arguing here.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

so he's trying to get the IWC on his side to improve his chances for a job whose future holder will be selected almost exclusively by his in-laws who hate the IWC

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

rovert posted:

No, he's arguing exactly what you're arguing. In that he's saying we know that he's doing all of these for business reasons, becasue he's the head (or close to it) of a loving business. None of us think Triple H is some saint doing things to impress us. Then again, I'm only speculating here, and won't be able to confirm until after the fact.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

rovert posted:

You are arguing something. Help me out here mister inscrutable scoopz man.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

A man whose primary duty is to identify and sign high quality professional wrestling talent has recently identified and signed several high quality professional wrestling talents. I sense ulterior motives at play here.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Can we stop the derail about scoops? Jesus.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

sportsgenius86 posted:

A man whose primary duty is to identify and sign high quality professional wrestling talent has recently identified and signed several high quality professional wrestling talents. I sense ulterior motives at play here.

I suspect the quality and success of the program may reflect on mister H's perceived abilities in the eyes of the corporate staff and share holders.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Three posts in a row arguing things I am not arguing. Ascribing a tact I am not using.

What Triple H is doing makes every sense. He's not evil. I don't think he is evil. He is just doing something to further he is career the likely goal is running WWE.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

rovert posted:

Three posts in a row arguing things I am not arguing. Ascribing a tact I am not using.

What Triple H is doing makes every sense. He's not evil. I don't think he is evil. He is just doing something to further he is career the likely goal is running WWE.

You are not actually saying anything here. You are saying the equivalent of room temperature water. "A business person is doing things to get further in business."

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im sad we won't get a network version of Cookin poo poo In The Microwave

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

yes but that is essentially the goal of any employed person so what is the point of bringing it to light

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

I suspect the quality and success of the program may reflect on mister H's perceived abilities in the eyes of the corporate staff and share holders.

Again not saying otherwise. I made this point weeks ago. Triple H doesn't have formal outside Corporate expertise of George Barrios and a Michelle Wilson. His candidacy will come from specific knowledge of running WWE and the public perception he can do the job following in the same paternalistic role Vince McMahon had.

• Locked thread