Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Any of you vintage garage guys interested in something like this? It's an old school explosion proof trouble light, but the reel is rated for 460VAC/250VDC at 15A. There's one on ebay for $450 right now, I guess there's demand but I'd send it to a goon for significantly less. it's a little dirty and has some tan paint splashed on the other side. I'll post more pics if anyone really wants it. Shipping will be crazy because it weighs probably 40 lb or so.

The patent was granted in 1937 and this design matches the patent drawings. https://patents.google.com/patent/US2074305

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
wow that fucks. wish i had a use for it

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Yeah the problem I see with it is that it's so ungodly heavy with that aluminum guard and glass bulb on it that if you were to use it around a car you'd 100% bash a body panel in with it at some point. Otherwise I'd use it. I figure someone who likes the look could just put a real bright bulb in it and use it as a regular light fixture. I'll probably do that if nobody wants it.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Looks like you would put this in the firehouse or something

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

:siren::siren::siren:AI:SS 2023 - Late But Not Forgotten:siren::siren::siren:

I'm running it this year to give slothrop a well-deserved break:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4047118

This is a pretty late start and the deadlines are tighter, so don't dilly-dally.

rowebot44
Feb 21, 2006
Sold!

I am selling a 2012 Ford F350 cab and chassis 4x4 with 103500 miles. This has the 6.2 gas motor with an automatic behind it. The truck and myself are in Ventura County.
I have it listed for 15k but need to get at least 12k out of it.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/383697680784661/?mibextid=2JQ9oc

rowebot44 fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Dec 30, 2023

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
I have an 03 AWD AT blue Honda Element w/ 179k miles I’ve fixed up to sell if anyone is interested. Asking $5800 but can flex a little. Located in San Antonio. Have a huge list of repairs and stuff. It’s no show car but it’ll do, pig.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Selling a set of 4x Volk TE37 SL wheels in 17x9, 5x114.3 et+22. Wheels are in great condition with no issues.

Tires mounted are Bridgestone Potenza RE-71RS 255/40/17 with ~500 miles on them.

Asking $3500, located in Norwalk Connecticut.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

GramCracker posted:

Selling a set of 4x Volk TE37 SL wheels in 17x9, 5x114.3 et+22. Wheels are in great condition with no issues.

Tires mounted are Bridgestone Potenza RE-71RS 255/40/17 with ~500 miles on them.

Nice wheels! Wait, is that a... :magical:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

SOLD

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Feb 14, 2024

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Beach Bum posted:

Nice wheels! Wait, is that a... :magical:

*GT-R sold separately

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

GramCracker posted:

Great tires. Love them on my 996.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

slidebite posted:

This gives me great anticipation for spring, when I put the RE-71RS’s on my 996. What sizes do you run?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Stock C2 with 993 twist rims.

IIRC, 225/40R18 in the front and 265/35R18 rear.

ALSO, I lied. :shobon:

Phone posted and didn't notice the RS - mine are 71R, bought just before they were discontinued.

Still great though I'm sure.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

slidebite posted:

Just non-stop grip, it blows my mind. Unreal tire.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

GramCracker posted:

Just non-stop grip, it blows my mind. Unreal tire.

My 996 came with an extra set of RH Speedline wheels and 235 front / 285 rear 71RS’s. I have only driven it on DWS06’s so far cause WINTER, but I can’t wait til spring.

My NC Miata is on RT660’s and that tire seems to be unflappable. I’m eager to compare them, despite the massive chasm of differences between the cars themselves.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Guessing no one's gonna want them, but before I give them to a random 240 drift kid at the parts store. Anyone want a set of FREE Toyo proxes RA1s for a NA Miata? They're like 205/50r15s I think. I'd say about 1/8 to 3/16 tread remaining. Pretty old and not dot approved tires so expect to be using these as burnout or drift tires and then binning them. I would probably not drive on public roads with them and definitely not in the rain.

Located in Port Orchard WA but can meet anywhere along 3, 16, or 5 between Shelton, Tacoma, Bremerton, and Centralia if our schedules align.

Bring a set of bare wheels they'll fit on to my place and I'll even mount and balance them for you.

kastein fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Apr 6, 2024

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

FREE MINIVAN ALERT

Does anyone want my family's 1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager EXPRESSO? The engine suffered a catastrophic oil loss at redline up a hill and spun some bearings.

This thing was bought new by my parents in 1999 and was maintained pretty well. Even before I could drive I was obsessive about keeping the trans fluid maintained (why no, I didn't read every page of allpar.com no I didn't nope nope nope) so this thing is still on its original transmission, that felt awesome up until the engine's last moments. It's been sitting outside for the past several years but is in decent shape and will clean up nice. White, grey interior, captains chairs, alloy wheels. It was pretty loaded, I want to say it was close to 30k new.

Anyway, I hate to see it go but if a goon wants it (and won't be scrapping it... I can do that myself), it's available for free in 97007. Yes it will start and drive itself onto a trailer. Two original sets of keys and title in my name.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Argh, too far. Also, my wife would lock me out of the house. Could live in the minivan, I guess.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I went to look at a 2022 vehicle today, it was listed as used with 1,300 miles. Turns out it was never titled, just brought from another dealership location that closed down. So technically a brand new vehicle, used as a parts runner or loaner or whatever.

How exactly does this work?
I understand that manufacturer incentives are limited to a specific year, so none would apply.

But I get a better interest rate from my credit union for buying new versus used. Should I expect them to complain because it's a 2022?

Does it qualify for federal EV rebate? It's fully electric by the way, and definitely did qualify back in 2022.

Should I expect any other issues or problems because of this disparity?

Thanks in advance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

There's a car buying thread in ask/tell

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3213538&pagenumber=574&perpage=40

I'd ask in there. This is more the SA Mart for sweaty car nerds to pass track prepped miatas around.