Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Good lord, Salon has gotten even worse than I last looked. That makes Pitchfork look like Freaky Trigger. Jeez.

I'll get around to posting about last week's NMH show eventually, there was a lot going on that made it... kind of a hosed up night and distracted me from the songs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomicRust
Aug 6, 2013

Morning, Lister! How's life in hippie heaven, you pregnant baboon-bellied space beatnik?

roffels posted:

Julian and Scott are super nice! Jeremy Barnes is approachable as well, though I don't think he seeks out the fans. I saw two girls approach him, and he said "I know one you, you're [name] from facebook, right?" and the girl broke down in tears. It was kind of cute. Jeff will eventually come out if you hang around long enough. I had the entire band sign my ticket stub. I think I posted a downer review a few posts up, but I really enjoyed the show when I saw it in Columbia, MO.

Yeah, I was bummed that I didn't get to meet Jeremy or Jeff. I think they never came out, if they did I didn't see anyone talking to 'em. I talked with Elf Power about how I was glad that they played stuff from A Dream in Sound, and then talked with Scott. He was incredibly friendly and chatty. The same with Julian, I enjoyed talking to him about his Music Tapes material. I tried to stick around longer after the show, but the security was trying their hardest to get people to leave the venue after the show, which I understand 'cause it was getting pretty late.

What I really liked was that they actually chatted on stage in between songs, which I didn't expect. Fortunately, the audience was pretty respectful and they seemed to genuinely enjoy performing for us that night.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
Exciting Jeff Mangum news, and exciting Elephant Six news all around!

First, Jeff Mangum is on the next Circulatory System album. http://pitchfork.com/news/54511-circulatory-system-announce-new-album-featuring-jeff-mangum-share-if-you-think-about-it-now/

Secondly, did you hear what I just said? There's a new Circulatory System album called "Mosaics Within Mosaics" releasing this June! Holy poo poo! And it's a double LP! And there's a new goddamn song in that link above!

Thirdly, according to Hart on the "Recommended if You Like" Podcast; the final Olivia Tremor Control album IS still alive, IS still coming out, it's coming out THIS YEAR after Mosaics Within Mosaics and it's called "The Same Place."

Automata 10 Pack fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Mar 27, 2014

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Um, so NMH in PDX was easily the best show I've ever been to. Anyways...

cheapandugly
Jul 6, 2007
They were pretty damned good in Seattle, too. Easily the best show I've seen in the last six months.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

second-hand smegma posted:

Um, so NMH in PDX was easily the best show I've ever been to. Anyways...
As good as the first Portland show was (I didn't have the cash to get tickets to both nights), I think my favorite moment was watching Jeff Mangum exit the venue with a Kashi cereal box clutched to his chest like it was the most important thing in his life.

It was a very odd sight to see.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Last night at their show in Prospect Park, Jeff Mangum went into the crowd to stop security guards that were beating up a fan.

I poo poo you not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juniperjones
Apr 27, 2012
That's pretty cool. I wonder if Kanye would do that

• Locked thread