Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Sounds good to me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Posting some updates to games over the next couple days.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
State of the campaign!

So. Courtesy is gone. Shourido is gone. Name is gone.
The gaiden games are gone.

Honor, Duty, Compassion, Courage, and Justice continue for the moment.

Am I thrilled to be axing games? Not especially. I like all my players, I like the setting, and while I am a very busy guy lately, I've been working through the problems that had kept me from posting as regularly, and am trying to get things back on the go.

Courtesy going away is one of the harder choices I've made. It started out very strong, but, unfortunately, it's the kind of game that needs active wrangling and I just wasn't there to provide that. As a result, it got harder and harder to follow and more and more players abandoned ship--and in the end there just wasn't enough left of it to keep its original intent, and it wasn't in a place where repurposing it was going to resolve the issue.

So.

That's where we stand! I'll continue to run these as long as a) I have interested players and b) I feel like I can make them fun. Thanks everyone for putting up with the long delays and inconsistent posting!

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Zero Suit Ridley posted:

Courtesy going away is one of the harder choices I've made. It started out very strong, but, unfortunately, it's the kind of game that needs active wrangling and I just wasn't there to provide that. As a result, it got harder and harder to follow and more and more players abandoned ship--and in the end there just wasn't enough left of it to keep its original intent, and it wasn't in a place where repurposing it was going to resolve the issue.

This is sad. :(

However, I assume we solved the mystery! For his prize, Hikaru picks a divorce.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
I know it's been a bit since I updated stuff this week. I was starting to get my momentum back! I've got a nasty nasty head cold though.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
not dead. just swamped.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Still here for all games!

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Farewell, Honor. It has been fun, but the momentum is lost-and the story probably should have wrapped with EPILOGUE when you returned to the emperor anyway.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
I declare my own epilogue then - after helping re-establish the proper Emperor, Asano marries his Crane love and they have so many babies and gets old and happy and becomes a Lion's Shadow sensei and dies in a monastery after reaching enlightenment and all his kids are super honorable and important except like that one daughter who takes after him and is also honorable but less so because she is a Lion's Shadow.

And this is canon :colbert:.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Except for the part about the one kid who turns out to be a smartarse.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Status check! What's going on with the various Scorpion Emperor games?

And specifically which Duty/Courage players are still here? :buddy:

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Courage is still trucking along, if glacially. We just got our task to butter up the Unicorn by finding a magic pony.

In any case, still present and accounted for.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Duty, Courage and Compassion are still live, albeit suffering from my workload/stress/depression issues in terms of update speeds. Thanks to everybody for sticking with me through this!

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
OK so update here:

I am wrapping Courage and Duty. I'm at a loss for a way to bring those to a quick, satisfying conclusion and I'm going through some really rough times, so I'm going to call it there rather than continue to drag it out.

Compassion I think I have a good idea how to finish it up. Just need to finish it up.

Sorry to everyone and thanks to everyone for sticking it out this far.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
That's fine; if you're having trouble there's no need to drag it out. Thanks for the good times!

What happens to our characters though :ohdear:

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Yeah, honestly it's not a shock; things have been tough for awhile and it's alright.

Ettin posted:

That's fine; if you're having trouble there's no need to drag it out. Thanks for the good times!

What happens to our characters though :ohdear:

They die, as is the fate of all samurai.
unless the ccg fans really love you in which case all bets are off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Well I kind of left the threads open for you to write epilogues :o

The Duty group is kind of either go-ronin or go-seppuku though just sayin'

• Locked thread