Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Serious Frolicking posted:

Iremi essentially went catatonic when she thought she had to fight Edermask. Edermask is going to either be what breaks her for good or allows her to rise above that synthetic personality on top of a giant pile of crazy.

Unfortunately, I doubt that Enzu will be able to help her with that. Iremi kind of takes him for granted.

I'm guessing Edermask is going to do push Enzu too far, he's going to either try to drag Iremi away or stop Edermask, Enzu will get wrecked mercilessly, and Iremi's breaking point will be when Enzu "dies" (He won't actually be dead).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
There is another site that is a few chapters ahead but its not in longform. http://mangajoy.com/Magician/

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

I have the feeling that Enzu is more likely to end up with Matthew than with Iremi. I really wish the author would explore Iremi's "real" personality more. I feel like that whole storyline has stagnated.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Vire posted:

There is another site that is a few chapters ahead but its not in longform. http://mangajoy.com/Magician/

Thanks for that - it's actually not too bad, though I do prefer the long strips.
Also just saw I wrote Illumi instead of Iremi. :doh:

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

Dan7el posted:

I have the feeling that Enzu is more likely to end up with Matthew than with Iremi. I really wish the author would explore Iremi's "real" personality more. I feel like that whole storyline has stagnated.

Actually, I hope he does. Iremi makes me want to slap her every time she gains story focus.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Iremi's fine as a character usually; I enjoy her antics that don't involve Edermask. But seriously, the fact that having to fight him means she passes out? It's excessively dramatic, and kinda sad. The sooner that character trait is grown out of, the better the series will be for it.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Dan7el posted:

That would be nice, though I don't think it will happen.

It will kind of bother me if the non-Iremi characters don't start to treat Edermask differently as a result of this stunt. Even if they end up winning (which I guess they sort of have to, though I kind of hope they don't given how strong this beast is supposed to be; I mean, they built it up as "literally the strongest thing there has ever been"), what he did was obviously wrong and endangered countless lives.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I'm kind of glad that thanks to Molly's influence, Iremi has started dressing less like a blind clown. She still doesn't exactly dress well, but there is a marked improvement. I mean goddamn, that girl's wardrobe was weirder than her fixation on Edermask.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Few more chapters up. Only 1 chapter behind the raw now. Pretty close to being all caught up.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Looks like Edermask finally realized he bit off more than he can chew. This whole arc has been a bit predictable I guess we are just waiting for Iremi to save the day now.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Iremi... :ohdear:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Well, I guess Edermask found a solution to having too many people in the main group.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
http://mangajoy.com/Magician/344/1/

Iremi finally going super saiyan.

This arc is seriously dragging out. I don't know if its just because we are caught up but it feels like almost nothing is happening each chapter. We have been expecting this for like 10 chapters and its just now finally happening.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Yeah, that's one of the bigger problems with Magician. Sometimes, it just goes on, and on, and on... It's especially egregious this time because the enemy isn't very cool-looking and the conflict isn't personal.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
http://mangajoy.com/Magician/347/

Looks like Edermask is hopefully about to get his comeuppance for being such a jerk. I am not sad about this at all.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I love that they included a reaction shot from the talking sword.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I'm glad someone finally took Edermask to task for his crap. That was an amazingly cathartic scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Part Two is complete, Part Three begins late November. Not really sure what to make of the Part Two's conclusion. Antagonist man is vague as usual.

• Locked thread