Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

AzraelNewtype posted:

The only non-scrub of an older Rider that's moving forward regularly that I know of is Sub-Vent's Ryuki. There was a Faiz resub that was annoying the poo poo out of me for not being careful about use of FortMax's 60fps raws, but was otherwise fine. It isn't moving super fast though. Blade is probably the most targeted series for re-release, but everyone collapses under the weight of Onduru.

last i knew someone was doing kabuto but i think that a) might have stalled b) might have been gekiknight

how are imagination station now that he has an actual translator, i wanted to check out abaranger but lol gekiknight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Literally The Worst posted:

last i knew someone was doing kabuto but i think that a) might have stalled b) might have been gekiknight

how are imagination station now that he has an actual translator, i wanted to check out abaranger but lol gekiknight

I didn't find much problem with them, it still got the point across pretty well. At worst, it was a much more coherant version of the existing HK subs of the series .

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Oct 4, 2015

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
Blade needs new subs/scrubs not just because the video quality of the existing ones is loving atrocious, but because there are some serious garbled plot points, at least early on. (Still not quite finished watching Blade, the big reveals towards the end also seem kind of incoherent and screwy, and I'm not sure if it's because the subs are wrong or if the reveal is incoherent and screwy.) I know that a clearer sub job would make Tachibana's deal a lot more clear, early on. Also, for the first bunch of episodes the title song's translation is so inaccurate that it might as well not be there.

Like, Blade is a good enough show that I am willing to put up with this crap. Den-O was not a good enough show for me to tolerate the multicolored Ore Sanjou crapfest that the subs were. Everyone draws their line somewhere different, and I will tolerate subs that are lacking in grace but at least try to get it right more than I'll tolerate completely loving it up or searing my eyeballs.

And sometimes I'll just suck it up and grab TV-N's version of a movie or special because Over Time may be great, but they are the pits about subbing side stuff in a timely fashion.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FeatherFloat posted:

I'm not sure if it's because the subs are wrong

the subs are horribly wrong

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Has anyone thought of starting a new thread?

The OP hasn't been updated in 2 years and could really use it.

Seems like every week or two someone pops up to say they've just gotten into Riders / Sentais / Ultramans / Toku-in-general and ask for some recommendations and the OP does them no favors.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Cernunnos posted:

Seems like every week or two someone pops up to say they've just gotten into Riders / Sentais / Ultramans / Toku-in-general and ask for some recommendations and the OP does them no favors.

i've thought about doing it a few times but without nearly as much detail in hte list, just "this is subbed/being subbed by some people"

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Cernunnos posted:

With the exception of Drive I don't really thing anything relating to newbie friendly shows has changed in the past two years. I still give out W/OOO as the KR for newbies to watch and Zyu and Shinken as the shows for Sentai. I'd do the exact same two years ago. I'm anti-new thread and see no reason to do it.

edit: Its not like Chibs is inactive either. If this really was a going concern someone could just PM him the new content.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I am now in favor of a new thread purely to spite Cliff Racer.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Poison Mushroom posted:

I am now in favor of a new thread purely to spite Cliff Racer.

I've got one ready to go, sans list which I'm working on now and will edit in, once I get the DECADE HAS NO PLOT picture

also that op literally has not updated in two years, and i have crippling autism and will track that list on the reg, new thread time

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
SHIN Tokusatsu Thread RETURNS: "It's fun to leave it untranslated."

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

mikeycp posted:

SHIN Tokusatsu Thread RETURNS: "It's fun to leave it untranslated."

it's toku thread v3 baka gaijin

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Tokusatsu Thread v3: Translator's Note: Kamen means Masked

Tokusatsu Thread v3: Decade Has No Story

Tokusatsu Thread v3: BUY OUR TOYS

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
new goddamn thread you goddamn ingrates

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3745162

i'm in the middle of compiling the list now

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Poison Mushroom posted:

Tokusatsu Thread v3: Translator's Note: Kamen means Masked

Tokusatsu Thread v3: Decade Has No Story

Tokusatsu Thread v3: BUY OUR TOYS

Tokusatsu thread NEXT: Please be good, Ghost

Strong Style Liger
Mar 10, 2013

Cliff Racer posted:

O-T is better than TVN, there's no denying that. However there are people in this very thread who say that you'd be better off watching raws than watching TVN for stuff that doesn't have alternate translations available. Stuff like that is simply bullshit. If you never plan on watching this stuff again (and lets be honest here, most people never rewatch a show) then you'd be far better off watching TVN and getting 98% of things translated correctly than watching raw and having to guess on everything.

This can't be emphasized enough. Every few weeks it seems people lose their minds and fill the thread with the same hyperbole about TV-Nihon, when they'd be better off going about their own business and ignoring they exist.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I agree, we should ignore TVN.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Strong Style Liger posted:

This can't be emphasized enough. Every few weeks it seems people lose their minds and fill the thread with the same hyperbole about TV-Nihon, when they'd be better off going about their own business and ignoring they exist.

Now be fair.

It's been longer than that since we had a good ole TV Nihon roast

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Motto posted:

I agree, we should ignore TVN.

Who?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Strong Style Liger posted:

please stop defending tvnihon, also pls stop posting in this thread, which is old, and has an OP that is two years old that was made by a guy who posted itt like five times who clearly doesn't give a poo poo about maintaining a list of who's subbing what

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
It's a shame onoretvn stopped updating. I'm sure there's still some stuff from TVN that's relatively egregious that they've put out lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drtndv4024k

• Locked thread