Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Galaga Galaxian posted:

So I'm watching a video of Uboat the player got detected in relatively shallow water by a small corvette/patrol trawler. Once he realizes the tiny ship lacks depth charges, he decides its harmless and quits silent running and starts moving faster underwater. It can't hurt him right?

Well, it sticks with him, and a few hours later...

He didn't realize it was getting that bad until far too late. Harmless corvette indeed. :allears:

[edit] Apparently manual TDC will be an option for us grogs who like to mess with such things.

I'm pretty hype for UBOAT after watching some recent gameplay videos. It still looks a little rough around the edges but the game play looks really interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

My biggest wish from what I've seen of gameplay so far is that the Identification book was the same style as Wolfpacks, that poo poo looks so nice compared to the old Silent Hunter "flip through ship pictures until you find the right one" method. Sadly, Uboat seems to be going with the old SH method.

Its even historical too:

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

He just meant they're going to be pulling an all-nighter.

Shock option - Steam!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Grey Hunter posted:

Shock option - Steam!

They apparently considered it, but ruled it out without mentioning exactly why. My first guess is they assumed, in typical grog dev fashion, that despite the larger market, the 30% cut was too much for their niche title.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

RTW2 is exclusive to the Epic Store. Every purchase nets you a Fortnite dance.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Drone posted:

RTW2 is exclusive to the Epic Store. Every purchase nets you a Fortnite dance.

RTW3 to run on the Frostbite engine

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3887173&pagenumber=1#lastpost

New thread GO GO GO!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In general how well was Operational Art of War IV received?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

MazelTovCocktail posted:

In general how well was Operational Art of War IV received?

You want the other thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3887173

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thanks!