Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

What is your name?

Did you have any brothers or sisters? Parents?

Do we need a vote to reach out and announce ourselves to werekatti[sp]

Victis fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Apr 26, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Volmarias posted:

That's not at all what I asked, though. I'm not asking if I should flash my celestial dong at the guards, I'm asking the clearly also not human priest if they actually know what's in the room, or if they just know "guard this room," or they know there's a big dog but don't know that it's a Biiiiiig Dog.

"Enkidel, I am not going to be pulled into involving myself inch by inch. If you plan to be with them, the door is that way. If not, there is another door down the hall. Or you can stand in the hallway or do whatever else you decide to do? But whatever it is you plan to do, regardless, I shall wait here until you are finished and do nothing more."

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Diogines posted:

"Enkidel, I am not going to be pulled into involving myself inch by inch. If you plan to be with them, the door is that way. If not, there is another door down the hall. Or you can stand in the hallway or do whatever else you decide to do? But whatever it is you plan to do, regardless, I shall wait here until you are finished and do nothing more."

Fine.

So, are you the soup Melachim?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Victis posted:

What is your name?

"I am Good Boy."

Victis posted:

Did you have any brothers or sisters? Parents?

"Only Master!"

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Volmarias posted:

Fine.

So, are you the soup Melachim?

This does actually get a chuckle from them but they don't say anything else.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Diogines posted:

It's too late, Soupel is already involved. We need to go around and let everyone know about the divinely inspired soup recipes, thanks to our special angel buddy from Dogtown. Unless... he'd rather just answer a question or two?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Victis posted:

Do we need a vote to reach out and announce ourselves to werekatti[sp]
You have not, so far? If you want to I suppose, yes. Though you being a not strictly mortal being they probably have noticed you? You also walked down the middle of the city and were seen by a big crowd.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Hey Jael, if I wanted to spontaneously attempt to create a blue orb and/or barkstone on the spot here in an attempt to see if the dog recognizes it as his favorite treat, would you recommend against this?

Hey snarls, think you could try communicating with him to figure out what his favorite treat is? We want to make some for you, our bestest buddy

ThatBasqueGuy fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Apr 26, 2024

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Hey Jael, if I wanted to spontaneously attempt to create a blue orb and/or barkstone on the spot here in an attempt to see if the dog recognizes it as his favorite treat, would you recommend against this?

"Uh I mean that is not really related to my orders per say? Use your best judgment?"

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Hey snarls, think you could try communicating with him to figure out what his favorite treat is? We want to make some for you, our bestest buddy
Snarls tries, without success.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Diogines posted:

You have not, so far? If you want to I suppose, yes. Though you being a not strictly mortal being they probably have noticed you? You also walked down the middle of the city and were seen by a big crowd.

I mean, I would like to open communications, considering we have entered what I presume is the most sensitive area of this realm? A dog so big it can’t be seen in public, by the masses, in this low-magic era? Guarded by blooded men that shouldn’t really be here?

I would like to reach out and greet werekatti and see what happens

Does good boy have a collar or something that looks as old as he is, that potentially has a makers mark?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Diogines posted:

lol

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Victis posted:

Does good boy have a collar or something that looks as old as he is, that potentially has a makers mark?
No collar but he is wearing a golden circlet with a ruby in the middle and what looks like a pair of topazes on each side? It appears to be mystical in nature.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Diogines posted:

No collar but he is wearing a golden circlet with a ruby in the middle and what looks like a pair of topazes on each side? It appears to be mystical in nature.

Ask the dog if we can get closer to examine it further?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
To dog:
By the way, if next time Leader comes to visit you, can you tell them to let me come and go anywhere in this city as I wish so I can visit you more often?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Ask the dog if we can get closer to examine it further?

"NO!!!!!!!!!!! Do not touch! From Master!!!!"

They actually bare their teeth at you! Their VERY BIG teeth!

Seems like another soft spot?

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Diogines posted:

Have the epiphany that Snarls can equip mystical items, ask him what he thinks he would like to wear

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Diogines posted:

"NO!!!!!!!!!!! Do not touch! From Master!!!!"

They actually bare their teeth at you! Their VERY BIG teeth!

Seems like another soft spot?

I think it could help me find master though? If it's from master then it has some connection to him, right?

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

I think it could help me find master though? If it's from master then it has some connection to him, right?

Oh lord, don’t say this. Don’t get the poor dogs hope up just so we can poke around its jewelry.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Volmarias posted:

Yeah those pups of Master did not survive.

... Or, worse yet, they're in eternal hunger somewhere deep underground.

It's 100% the latter. We smell like the master, suggesting he was low-gen nephilim, like most of the early city founders. It seems like a pretty standard pattern for those, unfortunately.

There's a non-zero chance the master succumbed to the Eternal Hunger too...

(Like HER).

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Diog, do we have an embigenner or bnaimokt metal with is?

Ask Yeledtov to “guess the smell” if so

Do you know Faramu or Fare? Amok or Amos?

Damu basically got a reaction, seems fair to tun a few more names

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Tell him he's done a good job guarding the pack

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

FoxTerrier posted:

Oh lord, don’t say this. Don’t get the poor dogs hope up just so we can poke around its jewelry.

I mean, it could though.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Perhaps, today, I will choose not to gaslight a sad old dog.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

I'm not trying to gaslight the dog, I legit think if it's a mystical object made by the master it could have traces of his nepesh or general soul frequency type thing that could lead to us recognizing it should a similar vibe come up later.

not that I expect us to ever find his master or for that data point to be relevant, but hey the dog doesn't need to know that part

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Permanent no votes against:

-anything that makes Very Big Dog sad forever
-anything that makes Very Big Dog mad again
-anything that makes Very Big Dog think we can bring Master home if we don't actually intend to do that YES THAT INCLUDES MEAN TECHNICALITIES I SEE YOU THATBASQUEGUY

Thank you

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

yall never gonna unlock the deep lore if you're so adverse to some light gaslighting of the few remaining creatures with a spark of innocence smdh

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

yall never gonna unlock the deep lore if you're so adverse to some light gaslightingeating of the few remaining creatures with a spark of innocence smdh

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

light eating? who are you and what have you done to slaan!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

”Lineage and allegiance” posted:

I am Good Boy and I am Masters

The goddamn best lineage+allegiance

Diogines posted:

Hell yea first inch down :respek:

What else is from Master?, just so we don’t accidentally touch it

Is anything you or your Master has from THE MAKER?, just so we don’t accidentally touch it

Have you ever been underground with Master?

Do you know and/or have you met a ‘Lamech’?

An ‘Amos’, who would also smell the-same-but-different-from-your-master?

I brought you this blanket I hope you like?

Would you like to visit my Den or my Pack to experience the new smells?

When did you smell your last bad-smeller?

What makes The People The People, as opposed to simply a person?

Would you like our packs to be allied?, so we may protect each others The People?

Ask the priest: So who actually summoned us if it wasn’t this boi?

Do you have any recipes for fish soup?

Just for absolute clarity- you guys have whatever situation this is, with this clearly could-accidently-be-worshipped-in-the-place-of-El-being, under control? It’s not something I need to worry or care about?

ngl I think the King lied hoping Snarls would either: actually choose to stay, or be the only one who made it back out

Voting to—

Ask if he wants to go WALKIES??????

Go see the Custodes per the priests suggestion and commend them for their unwavering duty to his Dognificence (use a manly hand clasp as an opportunity for a Blooded lineage check)

Ask them (in a suitably diplomatic fashion) how they’ve stayed so Blooded compared to everyone else—including the King

Gift them / their brotherhood the blanket if BigDog doesn’t want it

Make a not-insignificant sacrifice to El at the cities Temple on the way out, for BigDogs heath and happiness

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Apr 26, 2024